1/1

Fight The Hours

Comforting warmth surrounded him. The red behind Hongbin’s eyelashes told him that it was morning, but he refuse to believe such a mirage, rolling over and swearing that he would stay wrapped up in bed for another 5 hours. A light breath hits his forehead. He smiles and enjoys the steady rhythm of the small sounds floating in the silent room. He hums and slips his hands under his head, having all the intentions to drift back to sleep.


A touch moves his bangs from his eyes. Taekwoon, who he thought was still in limbo, was just serenely enjoying the peacefulness that only the morning can bring. Taekwoon presses his nose against the crown of Hongbin’s head, deeply inhaling the spices that smelt like a mix of pine needles and cinnamon heart candy. He places a ghost of a kiss on Hongbin's forehead and pulls him closer. Hongbin snuggles into Taekwoon’s neck; place his own peck there before exhaling contently.


The worst part about waking up is losing the comfort of the blankets to harsh air. Separation from your soulmate in the most purest form of intimacy comes in a very close second.


Taekwoon knows how Hongbin feels about mornings. Still, he nudges him softly and whispers. "We got to get up."


Taekwoon’s sleepy, deep, rasp. It sends a shiver from the small of Hongbin’s back, up his spine, ending up in his shoulders and sending sparks of endearment throughout his chest. It was just another element to tack onto the list of ‘why Hongbin should stay in bed’.


"Shhh. No." Hongbin whines. "Don't say such evil things." He moves one of his legs over top of Taekwoon, hoping it will be enough to convince Taekwoon to stick around.


"Oh come on, it's not that bad." Taekwoon huffs while using his elbow to shimmy up the headboard. "Just think of it this way; eleven more hours and will be heading up to the cottage. A week where the only noisy neighbors are crickets."


Hongbin groans, hiding his face into Taekwoon chest. "How about we just skip today and stay here until dinner."


"You know we can't do that." Taekwoon coos, catching Hongbin’s hand and starting to play with the tips of his fingers. "I have that cabinet that has to be finished and sent out today." he informs mindlessly, in awe of how slender and soft Hongbin fingers are. "And you have that project with Choi."


"Fine." Hongbin drags out, "But we have to go to that spa that we saw across the lake when we are at the cottage." he stops Taekwoon motions by folding their fingers together.


"You’re really that dragged out?" Taekwoon asks, bringing their intertwined hands up so he can kiss the back of Hongbin hand.


Hongbin hums. As he does he notices a white streak in his peripheral vision. He looks to the door to see a white puppy peeking inside. His morning grump is lifted instantly. He smiles, calling the ball of fluff to bed. The Pup trots over, having a bit of trouble joining the rest of the family. It takes him three times before Hongbin has mercy on him and picks him up.


"Hey there." he chimes, lifting the dog to eye level. "How are you today?" In response, the puppy starts to his face enthusiastically. Hongbin laughs, dodging away from the ones aimed for his mouth. He turns to Taekwoon. "You know this means you’re making coffee, right?" he smugly informs.


"Yeah, yeah. I know."