Final.

Sempiternal
Please log in to read the full chapter

Amaranth (n.) an imaginary, undying flower.

 

She was always beautiful, too beautiful for this world. Lips, red and heart-shaped, plush and deliciously pliant. I loved the way they felt pressed against mine. Her eyes were so bright, so gorgeous and full of jubilance. They were blue like the sea and her dark eyelashes so perfectly framed them. The sight of her was breathtaking.

Her smile brightened up the room. It was absolutely stunning how her smile reached her eyes and made them twinkle when the light hit them just right. And oh, her voice. It sounded so lovely, so delicate and smooth and young, yet mature. I loved the way her voice sounded when she spoke my name.

I'm so glad that I finally have her all to myself.

We met in one of the most cliche ways possible. She was a barista at a new coffee shop that had just opened up near my apartment. When I went in, I immediately asked her for her number. After that I took her on a few dates, then finally asked her to be my girlfriend. She accepted.

When I walked into the coffee shop for the first time, I sincerely thought that she was an angel. I thought she was too flawless for this ugly, ugly world, and she really, truly was. 

As our relationship progressed, I found the courage to buy a ring and planned to propose to her. She was happy, I was happy, I thought, so what better time than now to ask her to spend the rest of her life bonded with mine?

It was all supposed to be perfect. I took her to the beach that reminded me of the pristine color of her eyes, sang her favorite song, and even prepared a speech for her. But when I proposed, she refused. My heart shattered like glass.

"Baekhyun," she said breathlessly, "Baekhyun, baby. You know I love you, but... But we've only been dating for three months! I... I just don't think it's the right time..." 

My heart shattered once I saw the tears gathering in her ocean-blue eyes. "Baby, what are you talking about! Of course you can," I said as I stood up and pressed a kiss to her lips, trying to slide the ring on her finger but she pushed me away. At this point I was desperate for a yes. I couldn't bear being rejected.

She shook her head. "Baekhyun, no. I can't," she said weakly as she wrapped her arms around herself. "Just... Just take me home..." 

So I did. The car ride to her house was silent.

 

I walked her into her house, like a good boyfriend despite the heartbreak I felt. The pocket knife in my pocket was burning a hole in my leg.

"I'm sorry," I said when I saw her shoulders shake with sobs, "...Can I at least get a hug goodbye?"

She accepted.

While I hugged her, I swiftly pulled the knife and flicked it open, plunging it into her back with tears running down my face. 

As she fell, I fell with her.

Please log in to read the full chapter