First

From the Cave, to the Reef

It's always in days like this when he spots the dark-haired boy by the beach. Bright and sunny with just the right amount of breeze blowing from the sea. With the wind also drifts the serene voice of the boy who's now sitting on a rock, his legs dangling at its edge.

Baekhyun has always wanted to approach the boy to get to know him but he always seemed to be in a far-off place, looking out to the sea as he hums a tune to the crash of the waves against the rocks.

Today though, they're bound to cross paths. the boy is sitting near the entrance to Baekhyun's hideaway, the place he runs off to when the townspeople are after him.

Baekhyun wasn't born into the world to people who wanted him. He ran off when a chance presented itself and he never looked back.he found others just like him and they banded together, finding ways to get by, to survive.

Now, he's almost twenty and he's still living with the gang. In his life, he's known no one else personally like he knows his friends. They never trusted anyone outside the group and they never took easily to other people. Somehow, though, he feels drawn to the singing beach boy. He wants to get to know him and to see what he was like.

For now, though, he had to run. He had to get to the cave.

The boy turns when he hears Baekhyun coming. He pulls the boy up and drags him to the cave.

Baekhyun slumps down when he deems their position safe enough and the boy sits beside him. There's confusion all over the boy's face when he finally looks at Baekhyun.

Its quiet.