Chapter I

Theory of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Senior year already. I can't believe, that after this year I'll be a graduate. Somehow, school life passed quickly and to tell the truth, there are neither many memorable things nor have I made a lot of friends. But actually, I'm ok with it. It's not something that I'm not used to anyway.

Going through school gates and greeting our discipline teacher, I was about to head to the school when someone jumped on me.

"Yah! Song Rian!" Well not someone, I knew who exactly it was. Only one person can be that happy and cheerful in the early morning.

"Good morning, Dohee." She quickly got off me and finally I was able to turn around and see her face. 

"Hey, can you smile at least?" She tried to pull corners of my mouth in upword position, but only got slapped on her hands. "Aren't you happy to see me, huh?"

"Don't touch my face with dirty hands. How many times do I have to tell this?" 

"Jeez, they're not that dirty." Dohee stayed, trying to act offended, but as usual she became normal in few seconds. "Anyway, how was your competition? What is this time: bronze? Silver? Gold?" She started to ask, as we were heading to the class.

"I could have won gold, if not a little mistake after triple axel." I sighed loudly, not actually wanting to talk about my losing. 

"So... Silver?" I just nodded and she patted my head as if I was a child. "It's not like it's your last championship, darling." It really didn't suit her to act like a mature person. I brushed off her hand and sat down at my desk, seeing that my neighbour at the front desk was already here.

"Good morning." Sunmi turned to face me with a simple smile on her face.

"Yeah, you too." I nodded slightly, taking out my books from the backpack.

"So how was your compe- " She stopped, when Dohee was giving her a sighn not ask about it.

"Seriously?" I turned to a friend, who was now pretending to be really interested in a class door. "I got silver medal." Turning back to Sunmi, answered her question.

"Oh. But that's good, isn't it?" She asked with a calm voice.

"Yeah, kind of." I shrugged, turning left to the window and seeing another classroom from my spot, since it was that part of our school where all windows overlooking school's backyard and it just happened so that class 3-4 was right opposite our 3-2.

"By the way, did you hear that we're going to have a project from now on till December?" Sunmi asked and it made both me and Dohee face her.

"What kind of project lasts for 7 and a half months?" 

"I don't know exactly. Last Friday Mr. Kang told all of seniors to gather in the assembly hall, where he's going to tell us everything about it."

"Wait. How come I didn't know about that?" Dohee asked and from her expression it was clear that she was trying to remeber when did that happen.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't sleep at class?" We looked at each other with Sunmi and smiled at the same time, while Dohee loudly snorted. 

"I always wonder why you smile only in such situations..." Dohee stated, resting her head on the hand. "Rian-ah, I'm starting to think that you're a sadist." 

"Maybe, I am." I shrugged, while Sunmi started laughing looking from my contented expression to schoked Dohee. 

"You know that's not someting to be proud about, do you?" She whispered as we all stand up since the teacher came into the classroom. Sunmi only gave a sympathetic look, when I rolled my eyes. Did my friend really thought that I'm a sadist?

 

* * *

"I didn't know that there are so many seniors in our school." I said as soon as three of us got to the hall. 

"Not surprising, since you don't go out of the class often." Dohee stated, looking for a spot where we three can sit together.

"Dohee's right. But let's not talk about it." Sunmi said, smiling softly and at the same time waving to some students that passed by. Searching for Dohee, she was already talking with some other girls from our paralel class. It was always like that since first yeart at high school.

Dohee was an out-going person with lots of friends. Cheerful, always smiling, being friendly to other people, trying to help even most of time she's not really helpful. And always trying to be everywhere and do everything. Somewhat holeric subject.

While Sunmi was calmer person, but still friendly with everyone. She behaved more like a mom. Always carring and thoughtful, she also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter