Lunch

Third Wheel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was such a nice lunch they were having right now. Really. Sooyoung got really nice girl friends and it was quite fun having lunch at the canteen with the girls. Though, they had to leave one by one due to their respective class after lunch, different from each other. Jessica Jung was the last one to leave.

Now it was only Kim Taeyeon beside her. It was basically okay until this boy came into view. Of course it was that boy, that eyeliner boy. Not that Sooyoung hated him, it was the situation that she hated the most.

Geez now I’m exaggerating. Must be the dramas I’ve been watching.

She shook her head in disbelief. Cut it. So she greeted Baekhun first just as he landed his on the chair across his princess. He looked so bright like a sunshine, she thought. She gave her one of the best smiles she had.

“Baekhyun! It’s pretty unusual seeing you at lunch time,” Sooyoung spoke. And the boy only gave her a childish smile that she wanted to punch him, but Taeyeon might kill her later though. So she suppressed the sudden urge.

So Taeyeon and Baekhyun began talking and chit-chatting and all like usual, though it took all of her efforts to not throw up hearing Baekhyun’s cheesy pick-up lines. She did her very best to act casual while sipping her already-half drink.

“You know, I can’t go sleep at night lately,” Baekhyun spoke, Sooyoung quietly listened to him. “Thinking what surprise should I give to you on valentine day!” He said, almost a little too excitedly. Aw man, shut it. She shook her head.

Geez Baekhyun is a hopeless romantic.

The brunette could hear Taeyeon giggled and Baekhyun couldn’t just stop, could he? That’s it!

She felt like she couldn’t stand it anymore or things might get unexpected—when Sooyoung went all out on lecturing Baekhyun to stop being annoying to the extent she could punch him anytime—. So she stood from her chair and dashed out of the canteen, leaving the two puzzled.

Sooyoung looked through her contact list as she walked down the corridor. She smiled when her eyes caught him talking to one girl she didn’t know on one of the bench, and the boy seemed to notice Sooyoung’s presence—waving his hand.

“Your girlfriend?” The brunette asked as soon as the girl took her leave. Chanyeol—the boy— shook his head. “No. She’s not.” Sooyoung nodded and let out an ‘oh’. She sat on the same spot, replacing the girl from before.

“What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing. Some business, not really important.” And the girl nodded again. “Why, you jealous?”

“You wish.” He laughed at her expression. “So,” Chanyeol spoke after what seemed like three seconds of silent. “why are you looking for me?” Sooyoung was about to answer when he asked her again. “Baekhyun again?” What is he, a mind reader?

“Yeah, probably.”

“Guess right. You seem to began hating him now.”

Sooyoung shook her head frantically—as soon as he let out that sente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter