You Are Beautiful and Mine

Just The Way You Are

Bobby's text message was permanently stamped on her brain.  No matter how many times she tried to write over it, she couldn't help thinking of the white square filled with the words she dreaded the most.  

The announcement is tomorrow

When she first started dating Bobby, she knew he was an idol.  She didn't expect much of the relationship.  They met at a club and after she danced with him, he asked for her number.  It wasn't until he punched his name into her phone that she realized that this guy, the one her friends said looked like IKON's Bobby, was actually IKON's Bobby.  She decided that she would take the once in a lifetime opportunity to make out with an idol, and he surely wasn't complaining.  But their interactions ended there that night.  She went home with her friends and she assumed he found some other girl to have fun with for the rest of the night.  She didn't expect a text to ensure she reached home and she definitely didn't expect a text the next morning.

The texts multiplied and she felt herself falling for him more and more each day  She looked forward to every text, call, email and later, video chat.  At first she updated her friends all the time, but as their relationship got more serious, she kept it to herself.  Bobby had become precious to her and she wanted to make sure she didn't get in the way of his dreams.  Or worse, ruin them.  When Bobby finally asked her to meet up again, she couldn't believe it.  She dressed as cutely as she could and met him with open arms.  It was then that he formally asked her to be his girlfriend.

As their relationship blossomed, it became more secretive.  Her friends and family assumed she was dating someone but they had all given up on figuring out who.  Bobby warned that one day they would have to tell his company and if he didn't want to get fired, sooner was better than later.  After six months, Bobby decided it was time to come clean.

She was terrified.  She saw what his fans did to other idols who looked too close to Bobby or dissed Bobby in anyway.  What would they do to her?  Would they burn her house down?  Steal her dog?  Threaten her parents?  She feared the wrath of his fans with every fiber of her being.

That's why the next day, when it was finally tomorrow and the announcement was made, she searched his name.  She scrolled through and couldn't believe her eyes.  

The amount of negative comments were few but they were all directed..at him.

Whoa that's his girlfriend?  She should be the idol!

Holy ---- she is smoking hot! How did Bobby get a girl like that?

Looks like idols don't just win shows, they also get h---

 

Like any good boyfriend, Bobby often told her how attractive he found her.  How he couldn't imagine that a girl like her would want to be with a guy like him.  But that was all just talk.  It was the words that boyfriends were supposed to say in order to make their girlfriends feel appreciated.  Never had she once though of Bobby as anything less than handsome, strong, and the perfect boyfriend.  

She called Bobby immediately, needing to hear his voice, She hoped he didn't see those comments.  Though he often denied it, she knew he was sensitive to the cruel nicknames and comments based on his looks.  The phone kept ringing in her ear and she could hear her heartbeat thundering between her ear and her cell phone screen.

"Oh no." Bobby said, his voice groggy.  You had forgotten it was about 2 in the morning.  You felt a little guilty as you could hair him rustling his hair and sitting up.  "Don't tell me that you already started googling it." He continued with a sigh.

"Maybe."  She sai chewing on her lip.

"And they think you're hot and I'm the not." He said with a chuckle.

"Bobby!" She raised her voice and then in a softer, sadder tone repeated his name, "Bobby..."

"Oh come on, baby girl." He said knowing this was the first stage before you would begin to cry.  "Look, I'm used to being the ugly duckling."

"But you're not ugly."  She said stubbornly. 

"You only say that because most of the time when you see my face up close it is in-between your legs."

"Oh my god." She turned a bright pink and Bobby laughed loudly.  His voice was still tired but he was waking up a bit. 

"Seriously though, baby girl." She could hear his head hitting the pillow.  "As long as they don't say mean things about you then I'm happy. Now, go back to bed."

"Okay.  I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl."  With that they hung up the phone and she leaned back to stare at the ceiling.  Did Bobby really think he was ugly?  Did this really not bother him at all?  She didn't buy it but there was nothing she could do to change his mind.

~

Everyone agreed that it would be best for Bobby if he laid low for a few days while the news was still fresh.  The boys had went out to an after party which meant that they wouldn't be back until two or three in the morning.  For Bobby, it was a well-deserved break. He could finally spend some time making music again.  He tried to avoid any news tabloids that attempted to piece together how HE could end up with such a gorgeous no-name.  He often wondered the same thing and feared that one of the better looking idols would sweep her off her feet now that everyone knew her name.  

"I mean, it's clear that she liked Bobby."  Just before he could change the channel, he heard a young interviewee respond.  He went back to the channel and saw that it was his girlfriend's former next door neighbor and, apparently, childhood friend.  "She removed her relationship status off Facebook and stopped talking with anyone of the opposite .  When she did talk about her mysterious boyfriend she described him as handsome, charming and incredibly talented.  But that was that.  She guarded his secret with her life."

Bobby stared at the screen his mouth ajar.  He completely forgot how much she sacrificed for him.  How she moved out her parent's home and paid her college for off-campus housing just so that he could crash at her place safely.  How she would go to every concert that she could, even flying to Tokyo once although he couldn't even thank her face to face.  How she would ruffle his hair and kiss his nose and for having bunny teeth and then proceed to remind her that her pet rabbit was her favorite.  He began to wonder why he even worried someone could steal her in the first place.

There were three consecutive rings at the doorbell, the last one longer than the two preceeding it.  It was her. Her signature ring that made his heart backflip every time she did it.  He loved when she visited, and now she could do it a little more often.  Bobby fixed his hair in the mirror and his lips.  He shut off the television before opening the door.

"Baby girl!" He said with arms wide open."

"Bobby!" She fell into his arms and hugged him tightly.  "You feel so good in my arms."

"Mmhmm." He groaned and kissed hershoulder.  He closed the door with his foot.  He lifted her off the ground long enough for her to wrap her legs around his waist.

"I don't know." She said pulling back  "You look pretty good to me." She kissed his nose, his cheek, his forehead and finally his lips where she lingered a bit longer.  "Yeah, pretty good."

"I told you." He teased,  "You are always when you see me."

"Oh my god, not true!" She protested.

"What about right now?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"That's not fair. You just kissed me of couse I would be a little ." The last part came out in almost a whisper.

"Yeah?" He whispered back. He tossed you over his shoulder. "Come on, let me go relieve you a little."

"Mmhmm, Bobby."  She cooed, "I wanted to show you how much I appreciate you."

"Likewise." He said before closing the bedroom door and showing his appreciation.

 

 

 

A/N:  Yup yup, just a quick drabble!  Thanks for reading ^^