I Won't Give You Up

I Won't Give You Up

 

Jungkook looked at the mirror in front of him. He seemed presentable enough for the occasion his parents forced him to attend tonight. He wore a black button down shirt, black trousers, and a pair of black leather shoes tonight. His black hair was combed neatly, the bangs which always hanging over his forehead were not in sight. He looked like attending a funeral and he was careless. It’s not like he wanted to give a great first impression -to whomever his parents insisted him to meet- anyway.

 

Despite living alone in his large apartment, his parents were still monitoring him. Controlling his jobs and deciding on everything Jungkook should attend and not attend. That , really.

 

Jungkook sighed loudly. He was turning around when he caught his phone was going off on the bedside table. He then approached and checked it immediately. A name flashed on his screen.

 

Tae <3

 

Jungkook smiled and answered the call. “Hi.”

 

“Hi, Kookie.” Jungkook could almost feel the presence of the other boy in his room. He could almost see the other boy’s smile from the voice.

 

“How’s work today?” Jungkook sat himself down on the edge of his large bed. He looked at his surroundings and suddenly felt that his room was way too large.

 

“Great. As always.” Taehyung laughed and it soothed the black head amazingly. “The kids were behaving well today. I’ll tell you everything when we meet. Tomorrow you’ll come, right?”

 

Tomorrow was Saturday. And they always met on Saturday. They saved the day for a hardly-found quality time.

 

“Yes, I will.” It’s really hard for them to meet without his parents knowing, well these days especially, so of course Jungkook will. “Tell me everything tomorrow, okay?”

 

Jungkook could hear a soft hum from the other line. Maybe Taehyung was nodding despite the younger couldn’t see him right now.

 

And then they fell silence. It’s okay for them. It’s okay to just enjoy each other’s presence like this.

 

Jungkook closed his eyes and thought about Taehyung's boxy-innocent smile, he thought about his soft blonde hair, he thought about his pretty eyes. Jungkook unwillingly opened his eyes to only found his way-too-spacious room came back in his sight. Tomorrow, he would surely asked Taehyung to move in with him.

 

Jungkook sighed and tapped his free fingers on his knees slowly. He could almost hear the person on the other line was thinking hard about something right now.

 

“Are you- uhm—getting ready?” Taehyung asked slowly.

 

Jungkook glanced at the mirror on his left. Right, Taehyung must be thinking hard about that damn forced-meeting of Jungkook and the boy his parents had chosen for him to marry. “Yea, I looked like I’m attending a funeral in all black like this.” He was not attending a funeral. Yet he was not in a good mood, so that’s fine. The clothes fitted enough.

 

Another silence.

 

“I bet you look gorgeous.” Taehyung said quietly, and the younger almost missed it.

 

Jungkook sighed. He could feel all the sadness through the older's voice. It totally hurt his heart.

 

“Tae- I love you so much, you know that right?”

 

It's only Taehyung, it had always been him since the time that Jungkook could hardly remember. Maybe it started when he met Taehyung for the first time when he was in primary school. Or maybe it started when he held Taehyung's hand all the way from school when he was in middle school. Or maybe it started when Taehyung shyly kissed his cheek in their high school days. Jungkook didn't really remember but it doesn't matter right now. They had each other now, that matters.

 

“Yea I know, and I love you too.” Taehyung sighed. His words still didn't sound okay.

 

Oh no, no, Jungkook, wouldn't want Taehyung to be insecure because of all s his parents insisted Jungkook to do. “Don’t worry. It’s just— I’m sure my parents will leave us alone after this. And wait for me tomorrow because I’ll come like I always did, and I’ll even bring a present for you, okay?” He glanced at the small black box on his bedside table.

 

Taehyung had a small smile right now, Jungkook could feel it. Jungkook was sure before finally- “Okay.” the older said from the other line.

 

 

***

 

Jungkook and his parents came early at the restaurant. Maybe his parents were too eager for this business merged things. This was actually so ridiculous how his parents forced him to do this, to even control his love life after all this time they had controlled everything for Jungkook. Like, wasn't giving up dreams enough for them??

 

Well, despite all, Jungkook also wanted to see the boy soon. It’s not that he was eager to get to know him or anything. He just wanted to end this soon and then he could go back to Taehyung, his boyfriend, his only love.

 

Jungkook obviously had a plan. He didn't agree to this meeting to really marry the boy he would meet soon. He had done giving up things he loved. And now Taehyung, Jungkook just loved Taehyung way too much to give him up. Jungkook had agreed because he wanted to end this soon. Making a very, very bad impression to a person you wouldn't plan to meet again didn't sound that bad right?

 

 

***

 

 

The boy named Park Jimin, and he looked really small. That’s what Jungkook learnt first. Jimin had that signature eye-smile and chubby cheeks that ready to be pinched. His hair was orange, and that's a surprise. Jimin smiled a lot, and Jungkook wondered about if it’s his true nature or he did that only for this occasion.

 

Jungkook watched the boy as he answered his parents' questions. He answered the questions with smile and blushing cheeks sometimes. Jungkook was sure his parents did not ask them because they genuinely want to know about it. They just asked them to make sure Park Jimin was a great match for Jungkook and wouldn't be in control if he and Jungkook get married. Damn, even thinking about that .

 

Someday Jungkook will marry Taehyung and only Taehyung, nothing and no one could ever change that.

 

Jimin's parents didn't talk much it seemed. They only asked few questions which Jungkook answered with few words (Jungkook would get scolded for this but he didn't care), but the couple didn't seem to mind with the lack answers from Jungkook.

 

 

***

 

 

Jungkook stood side by side now with Park Jimin in the balcony of the place they reserved for the night. Jungkook's parents sent them there because they wanted to talk about the 'business' with the other couple. Jungkook didn't care, he just wanted to go to Taehyung right now.

 

“Do you like to dance, Jungkook-ssi?” Suddenly the boy, Park Jimin, broke the silence. And he asked about one of dreams that was given up by Jungkook. Damn, he should just shut up.

 

“A little.” Jungkook answered uninterested. He hoped the boy beside him would get the message and left him alone.

 

And it seemed he didn't. “I really, really love dancing. I’ve learnt to dance since I was in primary school.”

 

I. Don't. Care. Jungkook swallowed the words, he didn't want to be too harsh. Maybe Park Jimin was only a victim, just like himself. Jungkook only hummed in response in the end.

 

"What do you like to do then Jungkook-ssi?" Park Jimin still sounded genuinely happy and Jungkook didn't know why. How could he be happy in this kind of situation?

 

"I like- " doing things with Taehyung "-uhm I don't think I have a hobby right now. I'm too busy working." Yes, Jungkook had left all those so called hobbies many years ago for the sake of his parents' selfishness.

 

"Oh that's too bad, I don't know what I would do without dancing- Oh and I had a studio too in my apartment!" Park Jimin exclaimed happily. "I dance there everyday and it makes me so happy and I also-"

 

“Listen, Jimin-ssi." Park Jimin turned and was now looking at him curiously, the boy didn't seem to mind Jungkook had cut his words impolitely. "I actually against the idea of these all. I don't know about you, but I’m sorry I don’t feel like getting to know you better.”

 

There. Jungkook had said it. And the happy boy beside him looked a little surprised. Was he being too rude?

 

Park Jimin didn't say anything and only looked at Jungkook for a moment before he said- “I understand.” He smiled sincerely. Really, it looked sincere.

 

Damn, this boy really seemed like a good boy and Jungkook was sure that they could be good friends if they met in different situation. But they had met in this kind of situation and Jungkook didn't want to give false hope or anything to the boy.

 

“So yea, let’s just finish this quickly and say that we don't care about this and throw some expensive plates or something, so that they know that they should not mess with our feeling.” Jungkook said while looking at the shorter boy in front of him.

 

“Okay.”

 

"Okay?" Wow that was too easy. Well, maybe Park Jimin actually didn't want to be in this situation either, and he was just too nice to turn anyone down. But it didn't matter now, they had agreed to end this soon, and then Jungkook could go straight to Taehyung’s apartment after that. Damn, Jungkook missed his boyfriend.

 

"Okay." Park Jimin smiled that innocent yet mischievous smile of his and Jungkook realized that the boy was pretty.

 

And no, in different situation this boy wouldn't make a good friend of his, but he would make a good friend of Taehyung. Jungkook was sure.

 

 

***

 

 

Jungkook was not serious when he said something about throwing some expensive plates. Yet the older boy really did it and that amazed him. Jimin screamed something which sounded like 'Leave my love life alone or I'll make more scene'. Jungkook amazed. He should really meet Jimin again in different situation next time. He needed to introduce Taehyung to the equally 'crazy' boy. Taehyung would surely like him.

 

A smile grew on Jungkook's face. He then decided to join Jimin to throw some plates too. All of those shattered plates for his shattered dreams. He let his parents saw how broke he was when his parents threw his dreams away.

 

Jungkook didn't care anymore, he was only thinking about how excited he was for meeting Taehyung after this and telling the boy how crazy this night went. He was also excited to finally ask Taehyung to move in with him because he wouldn’t need to hide his boyfriend anymore from his perfectionist parents.

 

Jungkook simply didn’t care anymore, because it’s his life and the only one who could control it was himself.

 

Jungkook then ran out from the messy reserved-room. He ran while thinking of Taehyung. It made him smiled. Taehyung made him smiled.

 

They just simply loved each other and they had each other, so that’s enough. They could face the world together. They would be okay.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jimin entered his quiet apartment slowly. The lights were off. And he could only see through the room with the help of the lights from the outside.

 

Jimin walked to his bedroom and took off his neat clothes until he was only in his underwear. He was careless, and he was tired with all the drama that just happened, so he didn't care, he just threw all his clothes to the ground.

 

Jimin entered his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He took a large sweater, that he was sure wasn't his, from his desk and put it on. The sweater hung loosely on his shoulder.

 

The orange-head approached his large bed and tucked himself under the blanket, joining the other person who had been lying quietly there. It was Yoongi, his boyfriend for four years that he had kept from his parents, at least until two weeks ago.

 

Just a couple of weeks ago, his parents were mad when he found out that Jimin was gay. Yet they decided to punish him through agreeing their business' partner offered-deal, on that very same day. People could be ridiculous when they were mad, couldn't they?

 

Jimin's parents loved him so much that they had never forced Jimin into anything before, so they told Jimin how sorry they were after the throwing plates incident. They promised Jimin to let him to be with Yoongi. Jimin was so happy then.

 

Jimin didn't know what happened with the other boy, Jungkook, after the incident because he just left directly with a smiling face after joining Jimin throwing some plates. It seemed like he wouldn't give a damn to anything his parents thinking. Jimin felt happy for the boy.

 

Yoongi sighed in relief and slipped his hand on Jimin's waist, he hugged the younger tightly. He looked like he could finally breathe freely now. Yoongi was worried of the meeting, wasn't he?

 

He actually didn't need to be worried. Jimin could hardly picture his future without Yoongi now. Yoongi was his love, Yoongi was his life.

 

The older boy opened his eyes slowly.

 

"Hi." Jimin looked up and gave Yoongi his best smile. Yoongi looked almost sad and Jimin didn't like that.

 

"How was it?" Yoongi asked Jimin quietly.

 

"It was crazy. I planned on annoying the boy with my non-stop blabbering, but I hadn't said much when he turned me down, then it was cool, we threw expensive plates in an expensive restaurant. You should have joined us, because it released some stress and you looked stress." Jimin grinned to the sleepy smiling Yoongi and brushed the older's stray hair from his eyes.

 

"Wow, you threw plates?" Yoongi sounded amused.

 

Jimin nodded excitedly despite he could hardly do that with no space between Yoongi and him. The older laughed. And it made Jimin's heart fluttered.

 

"You haven't sleep, have you?" Jimin asked softly.

 

Yoongi tightened his embrace on Jimin, if that was even possible, by the younger's waist. "How could I?" Yoongi leaned and pecked Jimin's forehead longingly.

 

“You’re the one who made me come though.” Jimin pouted.

 

“I respect your parents.” Yoongi Jimin’s soft hair gently. “And I trust you.”

 

"Yoongi- " the grey-head looked at him lovingly, he had that kind of look that seemed like adoring and loving Jimin in every way possible. Jimin was always drowned himself in those eyes. He would love to stay there forever. "I love you, I would always love you. You took my heart and have been looking after it well, I have no plan on taking it back from you. It is safe with you. I'm safe with you. I love you a lot."

 

Yoongi was still looking at him with those eyes. He looked so delicate yet firm at the same time. Jimin didn’t know what Yoongi was thinking right now, but he felt so loved.

 

Yoongi smiled the smile that only for Jimin to see. "My baby, I love you so, so much you have no idea." Yoongi said with his raspy voice. Oh, how Jimin also loved that voice, and would love to listen to it every day for the rest of his life.

 

Jimin sighed in relief. He knew that they would always be next to each other. He knew that they would pass all the obstacles together. He knew everything would be fine now.

 

Jimin buried his face on Yoongi's neck and breathed his familiar sweet scent.

 

He was home.

 

 


 

I'm sorry for making you read this crap. Bye for now.