Under The Red Umbrella

Under The Red Umbrella

Yongsun looked forward to the rain.  A smile formed on her lips when she heard the thunderstorm.  After a few seconds, raindrops started to fall from the sky.  She heard a lot of her classmates groaning and complaining about the bad timing of the rain since they don’t want to get wet or messy on their way home.  However, Yongsun was happy because raining meant…

 

“Hey, Yongsun! Let’s go home together!” Moonbyul said the moment Yongsun stepped out of the classroom.

 

“Sure,” Yongsun instantly agreed.  If it’s raining, it meant she can walk home together with Moonbyul.

 

They both lived just a few blocks away from school.  Yongsun always brought her red umbrella to school even if the weather forecast announced for the day to be sunny.  She never trusts the weather forecast, so she made it into a habit to bring her red umbrella to school everyday.

 

Moonbyul would never bring an umbrella even if she knew that it would rain on that day.  She would rely on Yongsun, who would always bring an umbrella, and go home with her.  As they walk under the red umbrella, Moonbyul would place her hand on Yongsun’s shoulder to bring their bodies closer so that neither of them would get wet from the rain.

 

Yongsun doesn’t know why she would feel giddy every time Moonbyul would do this.  She had her share of admirers doing a lot of sweet things to her and yet, her heart would only flutter with Moonbyul.

 

“Ah, we’re here. Thanks for walking me home, Yongsun,” Moonbyul said gratefully and took her hand off Yongsun’s shoulder.

 

Yongsun hoped the disappointment didn’t show on her face.  “Sure. Anytime, Moonbyul.”  When she said anytime, she hoped that they could walk home together even when it’s not raining.

 

Usually, Moonbyul would just go in the house, but today, she seems to be just standing there and staring at Yongsun.  “Is there something on my face?” Yongsun became quite conscious with the way Moonbyul was staring since she wasn’t sure if that was a good or a bad thing.

 

“No. I just thought you’ve gotten prettier, and I was wondering if you would like to go home together everyday, rain or shine?” Moonbyul smiled.

 

Yongsun couldn’t help but smile back. “I thought you would never ask.”

 

Under that red umbrella, they shared their first kiss.

 

The End

 

A/N: I hope anyone who ships this pairing enjoyed this fic. Comment down below your thoughts and feelings for this fic and if you have any more suggestions or requests. I'll try to see what I can do ^_^