Jessica Jung’s Vocal Analysis

❤ KPOP VOCAL RANGE ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Vocal Range

D3 ~ D6 (3 octaves)

Supported Range

G3/G#3 ~ B4/C5

Voice Type

Light Lyric Soprano

Strengths

Jessica produces okay, and at times decent, notes up to C5, and occasionally up to C#5 – rarely up to D5. On rare occasions, she has also achieved resonance and/or open-throat in the Bb4-D5 range. Amongst “Girls’ Generation“, she has the most developed chest register.

Weaknesses

Jessica is very inconsistent when it comes to lifting her soft palate, therefore, her placement and projection are less than desirable. Though her pitch is between average and above average, she sometimes goes off the center of pitch on simple lines, and in worst case scenarios – entire performances. It is not uncommon for Jessica to go flat or sharp while singing high notes. She is also very inconsistent when it comes to resonance, and quite inconsistent when it comes to overall support, at times. Jessica’s best vocal performance was “Heaven“, with Tiffany, (6-7 years ago) where she belted a supported B4.

Registers

Lower Register: at times, she is supported down to G3/G#3, but more often down to A3 and Bb3. Below G3 Jessica voice is unsupported and airy, but the when supported the sound is solid, clean and nicely produced(“Europa“).

Chest Register: Jessica has one of the most developed chest registers in K-POP; when supported, the sound is very solid, forward, and has a very smooth vibrato (at times).

Middle Register: she is supported up to B4/C5, the majority of the time she sings, and up to C#5 at times. However, she is still inconsistent in the Bb4-C5 range. At times, she is able to support herself up to D5, albeit, rarely. When Jessica’s voice is supported in the middle register, it possesses a bright and slightly more womanly quality to it.

Head Voice: Mainly uses falsetto; does all right up until F#5.

Agility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter