one

Second-hand Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With endless amounts of work due and final exams rolling in, Soonyoung and Jihoon barely have the time to meet up and hang out and just be a couple. With Jihoon being a pharmacy major, and Soonyoung a pre-law major, the two are practically up all night studying and doing work, drowning themselves with coffee from the all-nighters they somehow manage to pull through.

But today is different. They don’t have to spend five, short, minutes in between classes to get a small ‘hi’ and a brief peck on the lips, before hurrying off to their next class. It’s the last day of finals. Last day of endless amounts of assignments and lab reports to do, and last day of classes. To celebrate, they agree to meet after Jihoon’s last exam, Chemistry, the younger’s most dreaded of them all.

And as he hands in his final exam booklet, Jihoon’s officially done.

He steps out of his exam room, a small sigh leaving his lips as he hurries out of the building, the weight of all those all-nighters and lab reports lifting off his shoulders.

It’s a nice day out, no sign of clouds in the sky. The wind gently brushes against his skin as he steps outside, the sun in his eye as he squints, walking down the steps.

They agree to meet in the middle of campus, the Giant Lawn, as they’d like to nickname the location. It was an empty plot of grass in the middle of their university’s campus, and many students enjoyed the feeling of sitting and basking in the sun, most spending the time to study as well.

Jihoon recieves a text message from his boyfriend, letting him know he’s right in the middle of the Giant Lawn. He rolled his eyes, grumbling to himself; Jihoon hated the long walk, and Soonyoung knew exactly that.

But, he doesn’t complain. He sends a quick “ok” to the boy, and heads his way there.

Soonyoung smokes. It doesn’t bother Jihoon, nor does he dislike Soonyoung for doing so. He doesn’t know when his boyfriend started smoking, and he doesn’t question the older when he pulls out a cigarette randomly.

Soonyoung tries not to smoke around Jihoon when they hang out or go out for a date, but he could smell it; smell the lingering scent from the cigarette on his boyfriend’s clothes. It’s nothing bad, the scent almost pleasant in a way. (Jihoon remembers Soonyoung giving him a look, calling him weird for saying that, and promised to spray cologne on his clothes before they meet.)

Jihoon asked to try it once, just to give it a shot. He’s never smoked a cigarette, not once. But Soonyoung refused, shook his head quickly as he held the cigarette far from Jihoon’s reach. “It’s not good for you.” He’d say, and Jihoon would pout, want to refute that statement, claiming that it wasn’t good for Soonyoung either. But he keeps quiet, just silently agrees as he sulks.

So when Jihoon walks up to Soonyoung, he finds the boy’s legs outstretched in front of him as he leans back, one arm supporting his upper body as the other hand holds a cigarette to his lips. Jihoon rolls his eyes, dropping his backpack next to Soonyoung, scaring the older as he jumps a bit, relaxing at the sight of the purple-haired younger.

“How was it?” was the first thing Soonyoung asked, smiling up at the boy as he pat the spot next to him. Jihoon notes the way Soonyoung quickly burns out the cigarette into the soil, flicking it off in some other direction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter