Star and King

Dating Mr.Detective

I am truly sorry for not updating in a long time :( , last month was the toughest month of my life. I applied on my dream university, but i got rejected. I could not stop being sad. 

Hanbin's pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I clean and take care of krystal's feet, because i feel guilty that i make her walked so far. I hope she doesn't take my affection in a serious way. 

She asked me to be her friend. What word should i use to answer that question. What i think about her doesn't change a bit, she is still annoying, and noisy.

"Maybe later." That is my answer.

She laughs after hearing my answer. I think 'maybe later' is the right answer. 

"Are you going to sleep at the reporters dorm?" I asked. 

"No.. After i change my clothes, I am going to sleep at my car." She said. 

"Follow me." I said.

"Where?" She asked.

"A place, you can sleep there." I asked. 

"No need, i often sleep in the car." She said.

"You had a rough night, you deserve a comfortable roomto sleep."  I said. 

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Why are you being so nice to me, all of sudden?" She asked.

Am i being to nice to her? No. 

"I am not being nice, i just want to show some appreciation. Tonight we just found out about the compass bandits, and you help me alot to get that information. So this is my thank you." I explained.

"Oh." She said. 

Krystal walks to her car barefoot, to take her change clothes. After that, i take her to another dorm in this police department. This dorm is actually for detectives, but us,detectives, don't use it very often. We can bring our job to home, so why should we sleep in the uncomfortable dorm while we can do our job at home and and sleep there.  

The detectives dorm is located inside the detective division office, which is my office. When we arrive at the dorm, krystal's eyes open widely. 

"Woah! Daebak! This dorm is 1000x better than the reporters dorm." She said.

It is better. It has a nice bed, and the air conditioning are not so bad. 

Krystal's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well this room is nice, now i want to clean myself, and sleep. 

I wake up at 4 am, it's so early but i have to wake up, i need to start writing report about the compass bandit and give it to joongki oppa. 

I get out of this dorm and find hanbin sleeping behind his desk, i walk towards him. I see his face closely, he doesn't look that arrogant whe he is sleeping. He has a chubby cheeks, he  has a soft lips, he looks like a big baby. He is cute. 

I go to my car and search for a coffee shop near here that open 24 hours. Just five minutes from the police department i can find starbucks.

"Good morning miss, can i help you?" Said the cashier. 

"Hmm... One hot capuchino please." I said.

"Okay.. Anything else?" 

Hanbin crosses my brain, should i buy him coffee ? Of course i should, he is being nice to me last night. 

"Yes, sorry, Make that hot capuchino two please." 

Well,actually i want to write a report here, but i have a coffee to deliver, so i am just going to write it at the police departement. 

(Police departement)
I enter the detectives office, and still find hanbin sleeping. No one is here yet. I put the coffee on hanbin's desk and i write on a post it that i found on his desk, i write 'drink it! Ok? :)' and i stick that post it on the side of the coffee's cup. 

I intend to write the report at the lobby. 

"I bet no reporters know this information.. Hihihi yesyes.. We are absolutely going to be the first one to show this on the news." 

I start typing on my laptop. 

15 minutes later....

"First paragraph done! The next paragraph... Hmm what should i write??" 

I am on brainstorming mode right now, i need to find catchy yet interesting sentences to describe this compass bandit. 

"Hey!" (That voice shocked me) 

"Oh.. Hey! Bobby right?" I said.

"Yes.. Whatcha doin?" He asked.

"Writing a report." 

"The compass bandit?" He asked.

"Yap!"

"You and hanbin found something last night?" 

"Yeah, now we know where is the compas bandits hideout." 

"That is great! Hanbin must be sleeping at the office." 

"Sleeping at the office? What for?"  I pretend that I didn't know he is sleeping in his office.

"Hanbin really likes to do something fast, he must be up all night to write a report and then he will give it to our chief. It is just procedures that needed if we want to continue the investigation." He explained.

"Oh i see... Woah you have a complicated job.. My job also requires me to write a report of every single thing i know or i just found out." 

"Then you have a complicated job too.. Haha." 

Bobby is fun, NOT like hanbin. 

Bobby leaves me and i am continue typing.

'I get a call from amber.'

"Krys! Where are you?" She said.

"I am at the lobby.. Where are you?"

"I am at this stinky dorm. Ugh i am a senior workers and still have to do this." 

" stop whining... Come to the lobby, i am here, writing the report."

"You start already? Okay!!"

Amber comes to the lobby, i tell her everything about last night. She starts blabbering about me and Hanbin, she says that i like him or something like that. Well, that is not true, i know him just for two days, and he is the only man that resent me from the moment we first met, so how can i possibly like him. 

"I don't like him amb! Why won't you believe me god damn't" i said.

"Ahh... You are lying right now.. Cmon krys.. We've been friend for  a long time, i know when you have a crush on someone." She said.

"Well. You're wrong, sure he makes me curious about him. But liking him? Not even crossing my mind. Now, will you stop talking about this and help me write this, i need to give this to bigboss right away."

We are on the final paragraph now. Working together is a lot faster than alone. I can hear hanbin's and bobby's voices toward us.

I can help but smiling, seeing he drinks the coffee that i bought him, even the note i left is still there. Amber notice me smiling, then she pokes me and whispering "He is hanbin right? The one with the wet hair?" She asked. "Sstt!"  I said. How does amber know that hanbin is the one with the wet hair (he must be taking a shower this morning. by the way, hanbin looks so- i stop my mind from saying thing beyond my control). I stand up to greet them. 

"Hey. Are you going somewhere?" I asked.

"None of your business." Hanbin said.

"I don't ask you, I ask bobby :p" (i stick my tongue out) i said.

Hanbin looks pissed and Bobby is laughing. 

"We are going to gangnam police departement, our chief is over there, we need to give certain report  about the compass bandits." Bobby explained.

"Ohh i see.. Okay goodluck! See you soon."

"Thank you! Good luck with your report too." Said bobby.

I smile widely. Why isn't hanbin look at me just once when i am talking to bobby, does he hate me that much?

After me and amber finish writing our report, we head to snc news office to give this to bigboss. Joongki oppa happy to see us. Of course he is, we have something he needs in our hand.

"Here is the report." (I give the flash disk.) 

Joongki oppa doesn't take the flashdisk.

"Are you okay? Why don't you call me last night? I thought something bad happen to you." He said.

"Ehem ex romance in the air ehem." Amber said. I pinch her for saying that.

"I am okay, i am sorry i forget to contact you, last night i was so sleepy, i have nothing in mind except sleep." I explained.

"Okay.. Thank good you're okay." 

"Me and amber finish the report.." I said. 

(He takes the flashdisk.)

"Good job both of you.. Now you can get back to the police departement or you can stay here for a while." He said.

"Yes sir." Me and amber said. 

"Ohh i almost forgot, amber,  remember the recent murder case you're dealing with? We need more specific information about it, you have to handle this case again. I am affraid you can't acommpany krystal anymore." Joongki said.

"What?? Ughh..." I frowned.

"Okay boss. I am sorry krys..." Amber said.

"You can find another person to help you investigate." Joongki said.

Now that i think about it, it is okay to work alone in this case, since i got the help i need. 

"No boss, it is okay, i can finish this investigation by myself, since i already have the help i need."  I said.

"Really? Are you sure? Help from whom?" Joongki said.

"Just someone." 

Hanbin won't help me, of course he won't, dah! But the chief promise me to give any new information about this case, so that is all the help i need. 

I am not going to the police departement now. I am just going to wait here at the office for 3-5 hours. It is boring to wait there alone, beside i don't have to chase information anymore. 

When i am having fun with my friends at the office. Someone calls me, I don't have the number in my contact.

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked.

"Hello ms.krystal, i am nam tae hyun, police officer, remember?" He said.

"Ohhh! I remember! You are the one who gives the cctv clip to me. Why are you calling?" I said.

"Uhmm... Do.. You perhaps... Rem- member about.. Lun-ch an-d dinn--er?" He seems nervous.

"Of course i remember... Do you want to have your lunch with me now ?" I asked.

"If you want to.. If you don't want, it's okay." 

"Why would not i ?? Where?"

"Really? You want? Wahh! Thankyou.., do you want to eat at the police department's canteen?? It is not fancy, but the food is really good!" He said.

"Sure.. Sure.. Your treat! Haha." I said.

"Of course! I will pay haha. Where are you now?" He said.

"I am still at my office, but i am heading there now. See you." I said. 

I drive my car over there, nam tae hyun already wait for me at the lobby, we headed straight to the canteen. The canteen is nice, the design is modern and minimalist, it is kinda look like the one at snc news building. The food is buffet, nam tae hyun said that i can take the food first and later he will pay the bill. 

"Hmm... It is good.. The food is so delicious.. Thank you for taking me here." I said.

"I know right! Oh ya, honestly this canteen is only for the workers, but since you are my guest, i can take you here." He said.

"Really?? Suddenly i feel honored haha." I said.

"Let's continue eating ms.krystal." He said.

"Ms. Krystal?? Haha.. Don't call me that, call me Krys." I said.

"Okay.. K-rys.." He said.

We continue eating, sometimes talking and joking. The conclusion : this lunch is fun. I really enjoy my time, at least i can forget about my work. There is something i want to ask tae hyun, but I don't know if i can ask it. What the hell, i am just going ask it.

"Are you close with detective hanbin?" I asked.

"Hm? Why are you asking like that? Suddenly." He said.

"Well uhm.. Just curious, he is so cranky and arrogant, so i wonder if he has any friends." I said.

" Who can be a close or even real friend of hanbin sunbae? Well except bobby sunbae, and a few more people. For my point of view, he sees friends as a competitor." He said.

"Competitor?" I asked.

"Yeah, how can he be the head detective so fast? Well he is not the chief, yet. But i am sure he will be soon. People said that Hanbin sunbae is really ambitious and really good at his job." He said.

"Wow.. No wonder he is mean.. Ambitious person usually mean, anything else you know about him?." I said.

"Once when i was still at the police academy, he came to teach us something about investigation. Since he is our senior, according to the tradition, after senior teach us, we need to buy him or her food, etc. so of course we bought food for hanbin sunbae, but guess what?! He rejected it, not even grateful, ugh so annoying right?! He said to us, 'if you want to buy me food, you better ask me first! How can you buy some random food?! I won't eat this!'" He said.

"Wah, that person is ugh really really mean!!! So after that what happen?" I asked.

"What makes it even more annoying is that the food he want is so specific, he asked for it like all of the trainee are his slave. He said like this 'i want one hot cappuccino no sugar and a whopper from burger king without onion and-" i cut his sentences.

" And lettuce but extra mayonnaise and tomatoes?" I asked.

"Yeah.. How can you know that?" He said.

Oh my god, how is it possible? 
1. Hot cappuccino without sugar 
2. A whopper without onions and lettuces, but extra mayonnaise and tomatoes.

Both of those things are my favorite! I never order anything from starbucks and burger king beside of that menu. Is this faith or something? How can han bin and i have the exact same favorite menu.

"Uh oh.. Just guessing.. A lot of people order that kind of thing in burger king." I lied.

After we finish our lunch i go to the reporters dorm, I don't except it to be this full, when i enter everybody looking at me. 

"Excuse me, are you krystal sunbaenim ?" Said a woman wearing sweater written gtv news. 

"Yes? Who are you? And how do you know me ?" I asked.

"Oh i am sorry, i am soo hyun from gtv news. You are famous here sunbaenim. There are a lot of stories about your training days to be a reporter. People said that you are somehow always get the informations first." She said.

"I am just lucky." I said.

"In fact, snc news is about to air the news about the compass bandit, would you mind to give some infos to us." She asked.

"Us?" I asked.

"Me and everyone in here? You don't mind right? Sunbaenim? Please please please ?" She even doing annoying aegyo.

I need to get out of here. I don't want to share any information. 

"Ughhuggh oh my god, my stomach, it hurts so bad, i have to go to the toilet ugh.." I lied.

I get out of the dorm, and run. Surprisingly they chase me around. I run and run and run untill i find somespace where i can hide. I sit there, trying to make zero noise. When it is about 15 minutes I finally can breath normally. 

" Those guys are crazy, hufft thank god there is this place.." I talked to myself.

I get out of this space and I want to stay in my car. On my way I bump into a man, I recognize him, he is the one that hanbin call chief. 

"Hello Mr. Chief do you remember me ?" I said.

"Of course i do! Ms. Krystal. Hanbin said you help him a lot on the compass bandit investigation." He said.

"He said that?! Really ? You're not lying right?" I said.

"I tell the truth ms krystal, why would i lie to you. Before i forget, i want to thank you for helping us solving this case, just few days ago we have no clue about the compass bandit, but because of your help we can solve it very quickly, in one night precisely. Thank you.. Don't mind if i ask for your help again sometimes haha ?" He said.


"You are very welcome chief! You can ask me for help anytime... But you remember our deal right hihihi ??" I said.

"Deal? About the news deal? I remember of course.. Hanbin and others are on the raid of the compass bandit, and they probably finish the raid at evening, includes the interogation. If we are talking about hanbin ,the report will probably  finish tonight. I'll tell him to give you those report as soon as possible if i meet him." He said.

"Woahh thank you mr chieff!! Thank you thank you!! Don't give this opportunity to other news station pleasee..." I am doing aegyo as best as i can.

" Hahaha okay okay..." He said.

"Oh ya chief can i ask something?" I asked.

"Sure. What is it ?" 

"Does hanbin really good at doing his job?" I asked.

"Hmm that kid.. Yeah he does. In a few months i will be moved up. And my replacement will be hanbin. Nice right? Even i need to be this old to be the chief, but he can be the chief in his early 20.  Why are you asking about him?" 

"Uhmm nothing.. Just curious hehe." I said.

"Oh look at the time i need to go somewhere, see you later ms krystal." 

"Oh okay.. Sorry for holding you." 

Knowing that the compass bandit will be captured today, i need to call joongki oppa to prepare a camera man to come here to shoot any news worthy item. Joongki oppa tell me that he will send the cameraman right away. And also, I tell joongki oppa to ask the cameraman stay at the lobby, so that they can shoot the entrance of the compass bandit. 

There is nothing to do untill evening. I wait in my car, playing my phone, singing alone, and suddenly i fell tired so i take a nap.

(A police sirenes sound)
That sound wakes me up, a bunch of police cars are coming, it must be the compass bandit. I can see not only cameraman form snc news gathered at the lobby. Other news station surely send their cameraman too as soon as they now snc already have its cameraman stand by, or they also know that the compass bandit are going to be captured today. 

I run outside toward my camera man. I prepare my self quick for my camera report.

"Sunbae? Where have you been? I've been waiting for you." Ji ho said.

"Nowhere, lets hurry up! Is this going to be live?" I said.

"Yes sunbae." He said.

"Okay.. So you you are going to shoot me when the car is near for the intro and then make sure you shoot the compass bandit when they gets out. And for the final shoot me again, i will say that the police still won't open their mouth." I said.

"How can you sure about that?" He asked.

"Jiho ya-~ I've been doing this a lot of time, the interogation hasn't been done yet, so how can the police say something about this case." I said.

"Woahh you are daebak sunbaenim." He said.

"I know haha. Cmon let's begin, the cars are entering." 

I am doing my live report, and the other reporters are doing the same thing.  While reporting, i slightly see hanbin. His cheek turned blue, and there are bloods in the side of his mouth. The scars must be from his fight with the compass bandit. Is he okay?

I wait in the lobby, i hope there will be no reporter to chase me again.
(Krrruuk) the sound of my stomach. I don't realize that i am hungry. I think i want grab some food.  I go back to my car, and drive it. I am so in the mood for some hot capuchino and a whopper. Oh oh oh and chocolate ice cream! Just thinking it about makes me drooling.

I buy 2 hot capuchinos, 2 whopper without lettuce and onion but extra mayo and tomatoes, 2 chocolate ice cream. I have a feeling hanbin won't eat dinner tonight, because he is so busy. I also buy an ice pack and a band aid, for his wound.

Then I realize, why the hell am i doing this? ,Ohh i know this is just an act of generosity.

I arrive at the police departement, when i get out of  my car, i see bobby with so many people, i think those people probably polices or detectives, but i don't see hanbin in that crowd. I run toward bobby.

"Hi bobby!" I said.

"Oh hi krys! Are you still investigating? The interogation has finished, you'll probably hear something in a few hours." He said.

"Oh okey! Thanks for the info! Where are you going? If i may know." I asked.

"We are going to the team dinner. Eat and drink till midnight." He said.

"Team dinner? I can't see hanbin with you." I said.

"Oh yeah.. He doesn't want to eat, he just want to finish writing the report." He said.

"Oh i see.. Enjoy your dinner." I said.

I walk into the police departement. I go to Hanbin's and team office. I am currently having a doubt of whether i enter that room or not. I am not even have near friends relationship with him, isn't that be weird if i gibe him food and care about his wound. 
ACT OF GENEROSITY! ACT OF GENEROSITY! I scream on my mind. I open the door bravely. I am feeling proud of myself. But i realize hanbin is there, i quickly fix my face gesture. This office is empty, hanbin is the only one left. 

"What are you doing here? Don't you know that you are not allowed in this room." He said.

A hey would have been nice.

"I know but don't care, i am sure that Mr. Chief will allow me to enter this room." I said.

"Whatever, just don't disturb me." He said while typing on his computer.

I walk closer to him and see his computer.

"Are you typing your report?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

Oh hanbin, can you be a little nicer to me, just a little. I grab random chair and sit near him. 

"Can i help you?" I said.

"Not helping me will be you biggest help." He said.

"Okay then, no need to say that, a no, thank you would be nice." I said.

"Look! The chief has told me to give you this report when i am done writing it, i will probably finish it in a few minutes. So can you please just leave me alone. I'll going to give this report to you later." He said.

"You don't mind about that?" I asked.

"No, as long as you be quite." He said.

-30 minutes later.-

"I am finish, let me print this.---- here you go. Now can you leave?" He said.

"Thank you so much. Oh ya i have something for you (I put all of the food on his desk)." I said.

"I am not hungry." He said.
(Kruukk) that is not from my stomach.

"Liar! Eat this! I am hungry too, so stop being so arrogant and eat. Let's eat!" I said.

He doesn't reply. 
"Wait don't eat! You still have scar on your mouth." I said.

I take my tissue, wet it with a water, i wipe the wet tissue on the side of his mouth to clean the dry blood. And then i put a band aid on his scars. I also give him the ice pack and told him to put it on his cheek bruise. 

"Thanks." He said it with a cynical smile.

"(I smile widely) now let's eat." I said.

He drinka the hot capuchino, and look at the whopper, he looks suprised.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"About what?" I asked.

"This menu, this is the exact menu i always order from burger king, and this starbucks also like that. Are you a stalker?" He said.

"Wtf?! No i am not, i just order the menu that i usually buy, i have no idea that you have the same taste as me." I explained.

"You know what? Whatever. We are not that same, if i buy this menu i will also buy-" i cut his sentences.

"Please !please don't say chocolate ice cream." I said.

"-Chocolate ice cream." He continues talking. 

"Omg now i am freaking out." I said.

I am freaking out, how can i not? I am quite freaking out when we have the same favorite menu for burger and coffee, but this time i am totally freaking out knowing that we both love chocolate ice cream. 

"It's creepy somehow. But who cares, i am sure a lot of people out there who always order hot capuchino no sugar at starbucks, special whopper at burger king and chocolate ice cream." He said.

"Totally agree." I said.

"Hm, so are you the one that give me hot capuchino this morning ?" He asked.

"Yeah.. Don't worry!! All of this are an act of generosity." Why The HELL did i say that. 

"Hah?" He looks at me weirdly. 

Why did i say that? I should have say 'yes', now the situation becomes awkward. I continue to eat my food, so does he. It is very awkward right now, he doesn't speak a bit, so do i.

"Thank you krys." He said.

Wow, i think this is the first time he said thank you. Usually just 'thanks', i can't  help myself to smile widely, and reply

"You are very welcome."  I said.

He smiled at me. The smile is sincere, i can feel it.