Chuseok's Magic

Complications
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Another short MinYeon One-shot that I produced.  Will be busy soon so this is probably the last piece of work for now before going on Hiatus. Not edited for spelling, grammer etc. so pardon for any errors.

ENJOY~!!

 

Author's POV

The wind was blowing strongly, leaves falling down from the trees along the road. Today was Chuseok, an important traditional holiday for many Koreans. Let's just say that it's the Korean's version of Thanksgiving. On this day, people travel back to their ancestral homes to pay their respect and then went on to have a feast. 

The girls in T-ara had all ended their promotions, and today everyone were given a day off to celebrate. 

It has been a busy morning for Jiyeon. She had woken up early and went off to pay respects to her ancestors along with her family and relatives. Then went of to a relative's house for a gathering and feasting. But she had left early, and now here she is, walking side by side with her boyfriend, Lee Dong Gun. She had been dating the man for more than half a year now. 

This was probably the longest relationship that she had ever gotten herself in. And now her parents have demanded her to bring the guy home for them to take a look and interact with. 

The two had decided to meet up earlier to spend some quality time alone before heading for the dinner event over at Jiyeon's house. 

 


Jiyeon's POV

Eomma and Appa must be at home busy preparing a feast right now. Just 2 hours more to go and Dong Gun oppa will be heading back home with me to meet them.

"Oppa, are you nervous?" I asked. 

"Nope! Are you?" He replied and grabbed onto my hands as we continued walking down the street. 

I shook my head to indicate how I wasn't nervous either. But to be honest, I was. I really hoped that the dinner won't be too awkward and Eomma and Appa won't bother him too much. The both of them were just sometimes too direct, despite meeting someone for the first time. 

But I guess it won't be too much of a problem, after all they will probably be more focus on the girl that Hyojoon oppa will be bringing back home. Apparently Hyojoon oppa have been dating for a few months with this girl that he described as being not only y, pretty, having the heart of a gold and the smile of an angel. 

It will be really awesome if oppa really finds somewhat like what he had described. I hope it's not just all in his head. Keke~ 

This girl will surely be bombarded with many question tonight since she's gonna be the one that will continue our family line if oppa really marries her. 

Although I was curious about this mystery girl that oppa didn't want to tell me much about. I decided to cast these thoughts far away for now and focus on finding a gift for Eomma and Appa. 

Dong Gun oppa was quiet the meticulous one and was insisting that we get something of significance for my parents during this first meeting. I guess it's because he's older and knows how to respect the elders better. 

We were searching for awhile but got nowhere. Seeing how tired I was, oppa told me to wait for him at a cafe while he went off to shop for the gifts on his own. 

It didn't take quite long and soon he was back with a bag of gifts. One for Eomma and one for Appa, not forgetting to get one for Hyojoon oppa and one for me too. Dong Gun oppa is just that caring, making sure everyone got a gift. I was curious about what he got for everyone but he told me that it's a secret and I'll see it along with everyone else later during dinner. 

There was about half an hour left, so we quickly made our way to my house. 

When we entered the house, the both of us were greeted by the wonderful aroma of the many dishes that my parents cooked. We were famished. The greeting between Dong Gun oppa and my parents went well and it didn't take long for them to engaged in a conversation filled with laughter. 

And now they're talking about me when I was a child. It was embarrassing but worth it, after all everyone's having a good time. 

I went off to help Eomma to get the last few dishes ready and brought them to the table. The utensils was set, and the table is filled with many dishes from one end to the other. 

"Dinner's rea-" I shouted to inform everyone that the foods are prepared but the opening of the door stopped me in my tracks and caught everyone's attention. 

There's the sound of keys dangling from the other side of the door and the knobs twisted. Everyone was curious about who Hyojoon oppa will be bringing home. 

The door opened slowly, and Hyojoon oppa stepped in first. Giving everyone a bright and shy smile, he was dressed up nicely for the occasion. He then held his hand and lead the mysterious women into the house. 

I squinted my eyes to try and look closely. First, as the mysterious woman took her first step in I observed closely at her legs. It was long and delicate, 'y' checked. It must be a model that worked with Hyojoon oppa. 

And then she walked in, flashing everyone a bright and shy smile. The same one with Hyojoon oppa, but slightly different, she did indeed have the smile of an angel. 

I felt my heart beat slow down, although every beat was strong. The lady that walked in, Hyojoon oppa's girlfriend, was indeed pretty. And I can vouched that this lady has a heart of gold. 

Because I know her all too well. 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" She greeted everyone loudly and bowed ninety degrees. 

"Hyomin unnie.." The words left my mouth softly, and I felt my heart sank a little as realisation dawned on me. 

Hyomin Unnie is dating Hyojoon oppa.

 


Hyomin's POV

I greeted everyone in the room loudly and bowed a few times. It was nerve wrecking, what have I signed myself into?

I looked up and there I saw, Jiyeonnie at the dining table looking at me. She looked a little under the weather, it must have been a tiring day for her. 

And there it was, her actor boyfriend. Lee Dong Gun. He, who stole my woman, shall meet his doom today. I smirked on the inside. 


Flashback

I was at the club, crying my hearts out along with a jug of beer. Just a few hours ago, news of Jiyeonnie dating some guy broke out all over the news. 

She was still oversea filming for an upcoming film. And I had never expect her to find a boyfriend that easily. 

Why did all love and relationships have to bloom on a ship? Didn't they know that it never ends well?! They should really watch Titanic. 

But I couldn't blame Jjyeonnie since she was probably still really young when the movie was out. But she's still able to watch it now right?

I felt frustrated as random thoughts came up my head, and I gulp down more beer. 

My heart was shattered into a million pieces, I've confessed how I felt to her a few times but she shrugged it off everytime saying that she's straight and would never 'bend'. I didn't want to force her then and tried ignoring the rejection as well as my feelings for her, but it's not easy to forget about love. 

It's actually a frightening thought, that in one fraction of a moment one can fall in a kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over. 

Believe it because that's what happened to me.

"Alone? Miss?" A gentle voice came out of no where and a pair of hand grabbed my shoulders. 

This was just not the time to be taken advantage of. I was hurting so much and I've got no time to play the game of seducing. I remembered turning around groggily in tears to tell that person to back off. 

"Noona?" That was all I remember hearing before I forgotten everything that happened. 

And when I woke up the next day, there it was, Hyojoon, Jiyeon's brother sitting in the hotel room with me. 

Proposing an idea.

"Noona, be my girlfriend, for 3 months. And in return, I'll help you get my sister."

Apparently I've told him everything in my drunken state and now he knows everything. 

It took me some time to think about that proposal, and in the end I agreed to it. 

I acted as his girlfriend quietly for about 4 months, one month extra than what we had agreed on but it will be worth it if I can be with Jiyeon together.

End of Flashback


And now I'm here at this gathering that Hyojoon said that will be the only time to get Jiyeon to reveal her feeling if she even has any for me. 

 


Author's POV

"Sorry that we were a little late! Hyominnie had to rushed back to Seoul from Busan, and the train ride took quite sometime." Hyojoon quickly clarified to his parents

Hyomin had a very tiring day to be hon

Please log in to read the full chapter