1/1

A little piece of heaven

It's not because he doesn't want to why Jeongguk doesn't express his feelings. He just can't come up with the right words to clearly express them without offending anyone or creating huge misunderstandings that always make Jimin, Jeongguk's kind-of-boyfriend, feel awful. Jeongguk can't gather the words to apologize either and if it wasn't for the photograph class in their school, they probably wouldn't talk anymore. Jeongguk found a way to apologize, to express his feelings in which he doesn't have a chance of messing up the words or making Jimin feel bad, and Jimin understands. 

"Hyung", Jeongguk whispers, sitting down on the edge of Jimin's bed. He can only see a little bit of orange hair peeking under the blanket. It's almost 2am so it's not surprising that Jimin's already asleep and Jeongguk wonders if he should just talk to him in the morning. But no. He has to do it now, otherwise he won't be able to sleep and he has an important exam in two days. So Jeongguk just holds thightly to the picture in his hands and pokes Jimin until the older wakes up. 

The two living together makes their relationship even more confusing. They've known each other for four years, since Jeongguk was a shy 15-year-old who got kicked out of his home for liking boys. Jimin offered him a couch to sleep on until he got his figured out, but somehow Jeongguk just never left. He's in love with Jimin, he knows it for sure, he's kind of always been. Whether Jimin is in love with him or not, Jeongguk's not entirely sure. The older one is in love with Jeongguk's photography, - he's said that a few times - and that's as well with Jeongguk because he puts all of him into the pictures he takes.

Jimin shifts a little, so that Jeongguk can see a pair of chocolate brown eyes looking at him. It looks like he hasn't really registered where he is or what is happening yet and Jeongguk knows he woke his hyung up.

"What is it?" 

"Here", Jeongguk offers a picture to Jimin, who takes it with his right hand while rubbing his eyes with his left. Jeongguk stands up to put the lights on so that the older can see the picture. He looks at Jimin whose lips are slightly parted and has a very familiar expression on his face. It's the expression he always has when he forgives Jeongguk for whatever he did.

"Come here", Jimin says quietly and pats the bed as a request for Jeongguk to sit there. He does. Jimin doesn't say anything after that, he just wraps his arms around the younger and pulls him down with him, so that they're laying close to each other. Jeongguk can feel Jimin's heartbeat against his back.

"What's the picture for?" the elder asks after what feels like forever of silence. Jeongguk knows he wants to know why he actually took the picture of Jimin looking out of the window lost in thought, the sun lighting up his beautiful eyes. He can't tell Jimin he took it because his hyung was too beautiful for him not to capture the moment so he just gives his usual answer.

"It's for a school project", Jeongguk answers. It's also true, he was assigned to put together a folder of things the most important to him. 

Another thing close to Jeongguk's heart is dance. Besides Jimin and photography, it's easily one of his favorite things in the world. This of course has nothing to do with the fact that Jimin is a dance major and that Jeongguk's been kind of a fan of his for years. Jimin used to drag the younger to the dance studio near his place when Jeongguk was still shy, a little depressed and overly self-conscious. Things have gotten better since and now he’s not so depressed and not so self-conscious. Nowadays Jeongguk goes to the studio by himself more than with Jimin because even though the older one loves dance more than anything, he’s always tired after having practices through out the day. Sometimes Jeongguk gets to see Jimin practice in their living room and he grabs his camera and captures the moment as well as he can. Still, because photographing is something he needs to be perfect at, Jeongguk can relax while dancing. He doesn’t have to be perfect. It’s just for him, not for anyone else to see. 

 

 

“Will you ever tell me what the project is about?” Jimin asks one night. Jeongguk just smiles.

“No.”

“Why not? I tell you everything about my work”, Jimin is pouting now and his voice has a disappointed tone to it. It’s always a little hard for Jeongguk to actually say no to his hyung but he doesn’t want to mess up what they have now by trying to get Jimin into a serious relationship.

“It’s because hyung likes me so much that he can’t not tell me everything.”

“About that…” Jimin turns serious and Jeongguk kind of stops listening. He doesn’t need to hear that the older doesn’t love him that way.

“I love you”, Jimin starts but Jeongguk gets up and leaves the room. He doesn’t need to get rejected again. He knows Jimin loves him but after what happened with the older one’s ex-boyfriend Jeongguk doubts Jimin will ever be ready for another serious relationship. So he just goes to his room and takes out a photograph of Jimin sleeping against the taxi window, last night. He’s so beautiful. Jeongguk blurred the photo a bit and softened the colors to make the atmosphere in it a little calmer. Edit the right picture the right way and you have a piece of heaven. That’s exactly what Jimin is to Jeongguk.

“Gukie?” Jimin comes to his room.

“Take this”, Jeongguk says and hands his hyung the photo. Jimin stares at it for a while with an unreadable expression on his beautiful face and then looks up at Jeongguk.

“I’m in love with you too”, he says, once again knowing exactly what Jeongguk meant with the picture. 

The next day Jeongguk spends the day with his hyung, Hoseok. The two always have fun, playing video games or dancing to girl group songs. This time they just sit on the couch and talk about everything: Hoseok’s boyfriend and his job as a professional dancer and Jeongguk’s studies.

“Oh, hyung. I took this picture of Jiminie yesterday. Isn’t he handsome?” the younger shows a picture on his camera to Hoseok who just smiles with a friendly expression, looking at the picture with nobody in it. Hoseok doesn’t have the heart to remind Jeongguk that Jimin died two years ago. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: oops... i really did intend for this to be pure fluff and i wasn't supposed to end it like that but then my computer deleted the whole thing and i was so mad and now this is short and crappy and angsty and ugh OTL

but yeah just in case it was a little unclear, jimin died and the parts jeongguk spends with him are either his memories or imagination bc kook is still in denial and you know lol i'll come back later to edit this so it'll be even a tiny bit better but i just had to post this now cuz i've been prograstinating it too much haha

hope you enjoyed it anyways and let me know what you think in the comments ^^