Here’s your coffee, (angel)sir.

Coffee please?

Seungcheol is nervous. Today is his first day working in Mounteen coffee shop, and he’s determined to do great on his first day. After all, he couldn’t disappoint his friend Jihoon. That boy sacrificed (not really, because actually the boy said he can’t do this ‘’ anymore, his sleep schedule is more important so.....) this work just for Seungcheol, so the only way to repay him is doing the job right!

He gets up from his comfortable bed, slightly regretting to part ways with it. Sighing, he immediately goes to the bathroom and he washes his body thoroughly, not missing any single spot. (A/N : Don’t think like a ert y’all.) After a good shower, he immediately dries himself with his soft baby blue towel, slightly tousling his hair in the process.

He throws his favorite underwear(his one and only Giordano boxer) on, a white semi-formal shirt and a pair of navy jeans. Combing his hair, he wishes himself a goodluck and he wears his trusty black and white classic converse. He locks his apartment room and he heads out to the café.

It’s not really that far, so after a ten minutes walk he arrived at the said café. The time shows it’s still 6 a.m, and the café is still closed, but Seungcheol knocks on the front door, and after a few seconds it reveals a tall boy with brown locks.

 

“I-uh, i’m the new barista here, Choi Seungcheol.” He extends his hand and the tall boy sort of dazedly stares down at it for a moment before he covers it with his own. “Oh, Seungcheol hyung! um, hello, my name is Kim Mingyu. Let’s get inside. By the way, Jihoon hyung told me that you’re older than me.” Tall boy, or Kim Mingyu leads him into the café and Seungcheol instantly know why this café is famous. Cozy, comfortable, and a sense of ‘home’ is present inside of the café. The wall is made of brown-greyish stone, with decorations hanging beautifully on a few spots. A beautiful painting of a brown haired elf catches his attention, and Seungcheol unconsciously steps closer to the painting.

“Beautiful huh? This painting was made by boss’s oldest daughter. Unfortunately she died two years ago, so for remembering her boss put the painting here.” Someone says and Seungcheol turns around to see a boy, at least a year younger than him standing behind him. “Hi! I’m Boo Seungkwan, you’re Seungcheol hyung right? Nice to meet you. Let me show you around.” Seungkwan smiles warmly at him. Seungcheol follows him around, listening carefully about the rules, such as “Do not enter boss’s room if his husband is present. Don’t. Just don’t, hyung.” , “Oh, and you can just ignore Mingyu and Wonwoo hyung if they’re in a fight. Nothing serious. Trust me on this.” , and “Most importantly, do not, in any means, support Hansol when he’s being dumb. Okay? You hear me hyung? DO NOT.”

Although Seungkwan seems to educate him on the social environments(?) in this café more than explaining the rules, Seungcheol nods, laughing when Seungkwan scowls after he mentioned Hansol? -or Hanseul?- earlier.

“Okay hyung, you may go to that room before i give you your apron. If you’re done, you can find me in the kitchen. I need to arrange some stuff there.” Seungkwan says with a friendly smile before he disappears behind the door with bold cursive words “WORKERS ONLY” written on a small board at the top of its frame.

 

 

 

Well. Here we go.

 

 

 

 

His meeting with the boss goes well, to his relief. A few questions, some encouraging words, and a brief explanation about his payment and all that stuff. His boss, a cheerful man with large ears and an equally large eyes seems to be in his early thirties, not really much older than Seungcheol himself.

“Well, i hope your very first day at work goes well, Seungcheol. Now, go search for Seungkwan, he’ll give you your uniform.” Mr. Park says with a wide smile, patting his back a few times and Seungcheol bows, excusing himself with a soft “Yes, Mr.Park.” He closes the door behind him, immediately goes to the kitchen and finding Seungkwan struggling with a large sack of.........sugar? Flour? Seungcheol is not really sure but he rushes to help the younger boy. “Whoo, thankyou hyung. This thing is heavier than anything i’ve ever carried before.” Seungkwan says as he opens the cupboard. “No problem. Where’s my uniform?” A scoff comes from Seungkwan and Seungcheol tilts his head. “Uniform? It’s just an apron with ‘Mounteen Coffee Shop’ written in Joker font. The boss, really.” He says as he pushes the heavy sack inside.

Seungkwan locks the cupboard and he motions Seungcheol to follow him, exiting the kitchen to enter the small room beside it. “Here’s your apron hyung. Now, usually we’re open at seven and there’s only five minutes left so you better hurry.” Seungcheol nods and he thanks Seungkwan, putting on the apron before he goes out and stands awkwardly in front of the small room’s door. “Seungcheol hyung! What are you doing there? Your place is here.” A shout from Seungkwan gets him to move towards the counter, heaving a small sigh and whispering a small goodluck to himself, praying that his first day will be well.

 

 

 

Actually this is not bad. It’s pretty great, to be honest. He thinks after he handed the fifth coffee cups to another customer. It’s been fifteen minutes and  there’s not really that much customers but perhaps there would be more in lunch time. It’s pretty slow but Seungcheol is glad, because he doesn’t have to deal with nervousness and all of the usual emotions when it’s your first day working.

He looks around to inspect the interior more. Hm, although he’s not a person with a sense for decoration, he can tell that the interior is unique. Who even put a painting of a puppy and a dark angel side by side? Seungcheol kind of have a feeling that the paintings are all arranged by his boss. He looks back to the door when the small bell rings, signing that another customer has entered the café and—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol’s jaw falls open when a very beautiful man(or woman? It’s not clear let’s squint- oh, it’s a man. A very very beautiful man.) walks in confidently, looking like a model straight out of those fashion magazines he saw in the small room. (probably Seungkwan’s, judging by the words written on it like This is mine. Boo Seungkwan’s. Touch it and DIE)  It’s all in a slow motion (for Seungcheol only), and when the wind from the slightly ajar door blows strongly Seungcheol gasps. The long silky brown or black locks follows the direction of the wind, covering half of the man’s face and when those long, slim, and slender fingers pushes them back, rays of sunlight falls on his handsome face, forming a brief halo (what? He’s falling in love here, don’t look at him like that.) on top of his head making Seungcheol’s breath hitched.

 

 

 

An angel. There’s an angel entering the place i’m working in and Thank God for sending this person today.

 

 

 

Time seems to be normal again and Seungcheol takes a deep breath, trying to tame his beating-too-hard-and-too-fast heart before he puts on his best smile. The beautiful stranger doesn’t even spare a glance at him though, all the while walking to the counter with his eyes glued on the menu. This man is probably a regular, judging by Mingyu and......who’s the other one? (The one with undeniable emo aura surrounding him.) Yeah whatever his name is Seungcheol’s kind of jealous because beautiful angel greets him with a bright smile. Finally, the beautiful man is in front of him. His figure seems to shine, like literally shines from head to toe, his face looking more handsome and his hair is silkier and Seungcheol can’t breath. With the urgent needs to see the stranger’s face clearly, Seungcheol greets the man. “Welcome to Mounteen Coffee Shop!” 

 

He’s looking at me oh my God.

 

Angel looks at him with a somewhat bewildered expression, and Seungcheol prays that he doesn’t hear his excessively loud heartbeats. When he blinks, looking confused because of whatever reason Seungcheol smiles again. After a few seconds beautiful man utters, “I- uh, i want to order.” ending it with a scrunch of his perfect nose and Seungcheol squeals internally. He nods, prompting the man to continue with another charming smile of his. “I want to order Iced Americano, two shots of espresso and one cube of sugar.”

 

 

Whoa, iced Americano? At this hour? How peculiar. All of the customers before him ordered a warm cup of coffee.

 

 

“Uh, is that all?” Seungcheol slaps himself internally when his voice wavers a bit. The stranger nods a few times, pursing his lips cutely and Seungcheol chuckles. “Okay, so what’s the name for this beautiful order?”

 

 

Oh God you just winked at him. Choi ing Seungcheol you just winked at an unknown person you just met less than five minutes ago. That’s not creepy. At all.

 

 

He curses himself in his mind when beautiful stranger gapes at him, obviously startled by Seungcheol’s careless action. “Jeonghan. The name is Jeonghan.” Whoa, even his name is beautiful too! Seungcheol laughs, once again beating himself internally because who the hell laughs after a customer said their name? Nevermind, now he should do his job first.

“Please wait until i call your name, Jeonghan.” Jeonghan nods, immediately walking away without even sparing a glance at him, and Seungcheol sighs. Now, what was it? Espresso shots.....Three? or two? he forgot! Now he’s going to screw up. He should’ve listened carefully when Jeonghan said his order. All he can do now is guessing what Jeonghan wanted. He can do this! Okay, so Iced Americano. Let’s just go with three espresso shots..... Uh, sugar? One cube of sugar....

He finished the order and he looks up to call Jeonghan’s name but then he sees Jeonghan’s frame slumped on the table. When Seungkwan says something he lifts his head, his expression contorted in exasperation. Looks like Jeonghan is stressed by something. Poor Angel. Can Seungcheol help....?

A bright idea pops into his mind and he scurries off to the kitchen, looking for that one glass bottle he saw earlier and a sachet of chamomile tea, quickly making a tea for the exhausted angel. (He doesn’t know whose bottle is this but probably it’s Seungkwan’s too judging by the cute floral patterns and wish him luck, hoping that Seungkwan won’t kill him or something when he finds out.)  He stirs the tea so the water and the tea powder mixes perfectly, all the while stealing a glance at Jeonghan. Huffing, he grabs the Iced Americano and he brings them both to where Jeonghan is sitting. The closer he is, the clearer it is for him to hear that Jeonghan and Seungkwan are arguing about something, or rather, someone named Jisoo, probably the previous barista before him and Seungcheol feels slightly sad that Jeonghan isn’t that happy to see him instead of his friend.

“Well, i’m sorry if i’m not your friend but, here’s your coffee.” Seungcheol says, surpressing the bubbling disappointment at the thought of his (possibly) one-sided crush to the beautiful long haired man. “Oh, hey Seungcheol hyung! I’m sorry, Jeonghan hyung is a bit grumpy in the morning. Well, i need to wipe the table over there. See you later, Jeonghan hyung. Don’t worry, i think you’ll get along with Seungcheol hyung.” Seungkwan chimes cheerfully, not so accidentally bumping his shoulder lightly, giving a short meaningful gaze before he goes to the other side of the room. The angel slightly squirms in his seat before he opens his mouth, “Uh, thanks for, um, delivering the coffee here.” with another scrunch of his nose in the end. “No problem! It looked like you were talking seriously with...uh, Seungkwan?” Seungcheol half-smiles-half grimaces but then Jeonghan immediately points at the bottle in his hand, asking what’s in it and Seungcheol remembers about the tea. “You see, you looked a bit exhausted so i made you a tea. To calm yourself a bit when you’re stressed today. Uh, i know it doesn’t really connect but i just wanted to give you this, you know, as an introductory from me- i mean! Introduction from me.”

 

 

Very smooth. Calm down, why are you rambling like an idiot?

 

He stops scolding himself when Jeonghan giggles, even thanking him, saying something along the lines of “You’re amazing that you can notice it right away.”  and Seungcheol can’t help the thoughts of This is my ing chance don’t blow it Seungcheol , smirking a little to the beautiful man in front of him. “Who wouldn’t notice if an angel is in distress? Anyways, the tea is on me. Have a nice day, Jeonghan.” He puts the coffe and the tea on the table, winking at Jeonghan coolly and he goes back to the counter.

 

Not bad. Phew. A satisfied smile appears on his lips as he returns to his place. Nervously he glances at the angel, who’s now standing up and walking to where Seungheol—

 

Is he walking towards me? OHMYGOD HE’S WALKING HERE oh, he’s walking to the small counter. Bummer.

 

Jeonghan grabs a cube of sugar and- wait, did Seungcheol screw up or something? Hurriedly he makes his way to where Jeonghan is standing. “Jeonghan? Did i do something wrong with your coffee?” He asks worriedly because this is just his first day and if he already messed up then he doesn’t know what will happen to him. His action seems to startle Jeonghan though, making the long haired men dropping the sugar he’s holding. “I’m sorry—“

“Hey it’s alright. We can just ask Mingyu to clean this.” Seungcheol cuts the other man’s words gently, smiling a little before he asks again. “So, tell me, is your coffee right or.....?”

“Uh, yeah, i think you put too much espresso in it. So it’s a tad bit more bitter than what i usually drink. I’m just going to add a cube of sugar...” Whoops. He really did mess up Jeonghan’s order. Why, oh why does this kind of things happens to him, at his first day of work, no less? Sighing, he offers himself to make a new coffee for Jeonghan, this time making sure that he got it right. “Wait here, Jeonghan.” He scurries to the inner counter. “Seungcheol? I think i should stay in my seat.” Jeonghan says with uncertainty in his voice and Seungcheol stares at him pleadingly.

What an angel. Seungcheol thinks as Jeonghan agrees to stay at the counter, responding with a thumbs up when he asks him to make it fast. And he really makes it fast, aware that a customer might comes in anytime and he doesn’t want to receive a deathglare from another sleep deprived worker.  “Here’s your coffee ange- OH !

 

Idiocity is when you’re walking on a flat ground but somehow, you can still fall, tripping over, i don’t know, air? dirt? Wind? Sometimes, he hates his uncool moments. Like right now, as he falls flat on the floor, the coffee for Jeonghan spilling everywhere around his upper body and possibly staining his white shirt. It’s embarrassing enough that he fell in his first day of working but he sure wanted to disappear when Jeonghan laughs.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Seungkwan, the mighty savior comes and helps him to sit up, but he immediately backs away when Jeonghan squats in front of him. “I’m so sorry i laughed Seungcheol, are you okay?” He asks with a grin. “Yeah, i’m okay. God, this is so embarrassing.”

 

The things you did in front of your crush, Seungcheol.

 

Jeonghan helps him to stand up. “Well, i think i’m not allowed to drink coffee today.” Is the words that comes next and Seungcheol groans, when Jeonghan laughs again. His first day couldn’t get any worse. “It’s alright, Seungcheol. Besides, i’m not going to die just because of it. Anyways, you’ve got stains on your white shirt. Better change it first.”  That’s it. Seungcheol is sure that he lose the chance to get Jeonghan’s attention. He embarrassed himself in front of Jeonghan, ruined his coffee twice, falling in front of him....  

“Yeah i will. Please don’t tell the manager? This is only my first day. But somehow i managed to ruined your coffee twice.” Seungcheol asks, feeling guilty about the whole situation but Jeonghan only smiles at him. “Why would i? Relax, Cheol. It’s not like you steal my money or something.”

 

 

Angel! Jeonghan is the real human-angel.

 

 

“And i’m afraid i have to go now. Bye Seungcheol! See you tomorrow.” Jeonghan winks at him, before he goes out of the café and Seungcheol kind of wants to sink to the ground again because Jeonghan had just said ‘See you tomorrow’ with a wink at him and holyshet Jeonghan doesn’t find Seungcheol a stupid guy or something!

“Bumpy but smooth hyung. You know, Jeonghan hyung said he was flustered because you flirted with him, so good to know that both of you like  each other.” Seungkwan appears beside him with a sly smirk plastered on his lips. Seungcheol turns his head after he can process the ‘flustered because of him’ and ‘like each other’ but Seungkwan is already grabbing a mop, passing them over to a pouting Mingyu. “Seungkwan-ah did he-“

‘Shush, hyung. You better help us here because this mess is caused by you.” Seungkwan cuts him and Seungcheol surrenders, taking the mop from Seungkwan’s hand.

 

Maybe his first day working isn’t too bad after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N : What is this even haha i apologize. It's basically just a switch of pov between jeongcheol. The last chapter is about......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oops i gotta goxD Thankyou for 22 subscribers. You guys are awesome. Now, till the next chapter!:3