Speaking English

Give the Dogs a Bone or Squeaky Toy... or both
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late September 2015

 

Oops, I thought it was a "green light"

I'm sorry, don't view me as a typical guy, I guess my calculations had an error

I'm really more the conservative type than you think

Wherever my hand goes, you happen to be there

Look at my awkward stance, in case we touch

The ridges that go in and come out on your body

I can't figure it out, it's so hard mama

 

To say that they were excited to travel to America for the 2015 LA K-pop Festival was an understatement. This was their first trip to America ever, of course they were pumped! Even though they were only staying there for a week at most, and really didn't have the time to sightsee, they were happy nonetheless to get the chance to travel and meet their international MooMoos.

They did prepare a second Moo Party for their lovely fans, after all.

"Why are the unnies reading in my apartment?" Soohyun asked at the sight of her unnies reading dummy manuals on how to speak English. "You could read at your places."

"Why can't we study in Soohyun-ah's living room?" Solar asked rhetorically.

"Because we feel smarter with Soohyun-ah's presence already." Moonbyul stated matter-of-factly.

"And this way, Soohyunie could read together with her unnies." Hwasa held up another dummy manual for their dongsaeng manager.

"Besides, we get to eat breakfast and lunch with Soohyunie this way." Wheein said with a wide grin.

"Unnies should take a quick break then. Breakfast is ready." Soohyun sighed in resignation.

"Ne!" The beagle-dols set down their books and scampered off to their usual seats, quickly patting their maknae's on the way.

"So unnies want to learn English?" Soohyun asked.

"Just a little bit. It's too hard to really learn the language." Solar replied with a shrug.

"English is the hardest language to learn." Soohyun commented bemused.

"Exactly! Which is why we only want to learn some." Hwasa replied, nodding sagely to herself.

"Soohyun-ah should study with us! Studying in a group works better!" Moonbyul suggested. "I bet Soohyun-ah would be good at it, she's already such an ace."

"And Byul unnie's being greasy." Soohyun retorted, her unnie meronging her.

"Does Soohyunie not want to study with her unnies?" Wheein asked with a pout.

"It's not that, I was planning on going over to the company for some dancing." Soohyun replied with a sigh. "But if unnies want..."

"Never mind!"

"We can study later!"

"Eyy, English can wait!"

"Dancing is good!"

Her unnies immediately took back what they said beforehand.

"But the unnies really wanted to study..." Soohyun said shyly, expecting them to want to come along for what was formerly her "morning runs".

"We'll just bring the books along." Hwasa quickly replied.

"C'mon, back to breakfast, then it's off to the company." Wheein said with a sing-song tone.

"Ne~"

Soohyun could only sigh and continue eating.

"Soohyunie should totally dance her oppa's Hero~" Wheein suggested, making her members agree fervently.

"Nope! I'll dance something else!" Soohyun rejected the dangerous idea. That dance had shirt lifting like No Exit, it was best to avoid dances that had her byun unnies leering at her.

"Okay then, how about 9MUSES sunbaenim's Hurt Locker?" Moonbyul suggested next. "Dolls?"

"Something else!" There was a part in that dance that involved some chest touching, another dangerous idea. And Dolls had a short couple dance.

"I got it! Troublemaker's Troublemaker!" Hwasa piped up.

"No! Troublemaker's Now!" Solar also chimed in. "AOA's Miniskirt!"

"I'm not dancing that!" Now her unnies were just suggesting dances that involved a lot of skinship, or potential kissing, which Troublemaker have done on their big live stages.

Their English books laid forgotten on the ground.

October 2015

 

Their first few days went fine, they got through the airport relatively quickly, and checked in at their hotel without hassle. Although they wondered how the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter