A Taste of Blood

A Taste Of Blood

So I think I should remind you first that the timeline is messed up and I intentionally did it. 

 

Jinhwan stand in the middle of the room that is now painted red, blood. He watch the now lifeless bodies on the floor and the knife in his hand, coated by their blood. He smiled, wiping his sweat on his forehead with his bare hands, painting his face crimson red. The white shirt he was wearing are now decorated with large red spots. He took a deep breath and sigh loudly, he feels satisfied for what he had done. He walked towards the open window before climbing out carefully, reaching for his bag that he left outside and enters back. He needs to change his clothes and get rid any evidence that might’ve he overlooked. He looked around the room before starting to gather his knives on the dead bodies. As he pulled out the knives, he stopped at one dead body. He scans the corpse’s face and grin for the horror look in its eyes. He pulled out the knife that is stuck on the man’s heart and stab the dead body again but this time, on the face, making sure the face will be distorted, unrecognisable. He then poked the eyes, pulling them out of their sockets and force them into the dead’s mouth. His smile never leaves his face as he continue cutting off the limbs and leaving holes on the body. He stood up watching his masterpiece, that’s for you June-ah, he said to himself while looking at the black night sky, full of clouds, threatening to rain anytime.

~*~

“Hyung, I want to introduce you to my family” the tall boy said as he walk hand in hand with the petite boy. Jinhwan stares at the younger’s face. Of course he knew that eventually he had to meet his parents, but he felt scared. Junhoe looked at his beloved face and smiled. They stopped walking and sat at a nearby bench near a fountain.

“It’s okay, hyung…” Junhoe said breaking the silence. “ … I’ve told them about you and they seem eager to see you” Again, Jinhwan stare deep into Junhoe’s face. Lots of questions came rushing in his mind. What if they don’t like him? What if he let them down? Besides, Jinhwan is a guy and that would complicate things more.

“I’m not sure June-ah. Besides, we’re still in school and I – “ Jinhwan stopped his words when he saw the ‘almost in the verge of crying’ Junhoe. Did he said something wrong? He tried to recall what he said just now but he can’t seem to get it.

“June-ah…”

“Hyung, you loved me right?”

“Of course I love you”

“You knew one day that you have to meet my parents right?”

“Yeah, June, what’s wrong?”

“Then it shouldn’t be a big deal! I know we’re still in school but I want you to meet my parents so they will like you! Even if they cant accept you now, we’ll make them change their minds in the future, because I would only marry you” Junhoe said as tears flows down his cheeks. Jinhwan was speechless though, he realised that his way of thinking is wrong. Guilt fill his lungs as he watched the younger cry. He reaches his hand towards Junhoe’s face, wiping the tears that are still falling.

“I’m sorry” he said as he pull the younger for a hug.

~*~

“Mom! Dad! I’m home! And I brought someone!” Junhoe cried at the front door as he pulled Jinhwan inside. A lot of emotions stirred inside Jinhwan’s head. His heart beats rapidly. Cold sweat released from his palms and Junhoe can sense that. He caress the older’s cheek before saying “They’re gonna like you, trust me”

“Omo~ so this is Kim Jinhwan” a soft voice startles the both of them. Jinhwan turn towards the source of the voice to meet the eyes of a middle aged lady. The woman quickly cupped Jinhwan’s face and scans thoroughly. Jinhwan felt uncomfortable with the sudden touch so he look at Junhoe, signalling for help but Junhoe just smiled at him.

“He’s cuter than what you described and way more cuter than you!” Junhoe’s mother suddenly blurted making Jinhwan face red and Junhoe whined. Junhoe’s mother couldn’t stop herself from praising Jinhwan. Saying how cute he is, how he looks better than her son, how she wished that Jinhwan was her son instead of Junhoe. She ushered the boys towards the dining table where another two family members are waiting. The father smiled at Jinhwan as he put down the newspaper he was reading. The other one was Junhoe’s older sister, she also had the same reaction on her face just like her mother. The atmosphere grew lively with the family members laughing, teasing and making fun of the couple. They settled for dinner but their mouth never stop talking. Jinhwan felt relieved. He felt welcomed. He never had a family so bright like this before. He felt envious towards Junhoe for having this family. Why? Because, he’s an orphan. He’s a child that is forgotten. A child that was thrown away. Living with kids with the same fate.

~*~

He stepped out of the orphanage and turned to look at the building one last time. He smiled. Finally he can escape the torture of living there. Due to his small size, he was always bullied by the bigger ones. And also by other things. So he ran, escaping that hellzone. He walk away from the building silently, avoiding every possible person he met. He continues to walk in the middle of the night, uncertain where to go. When his legs starts to fail him, he sat at a nearby bench and he thought I guess I could call it a day. He carefully lay on the bench, using his bag as a pillow and an oversize sweater to cover him from the cold night. When he was almost drift to sleep, he was pushed from the bench and fell on the rough pavements. He groans but immediately shut his mouth when a group of guys starts laughing at him. .

“You’re one cute little boy” one of them spoke.

“Get away from me”

“What was that?” another voice spoke. The man that spoke earlier slowly caress his face.

“You’re really cute, too bad you’re a boy” Jinhwan just stays silent. He knows he couldn’t fight them. Its useless anyway.

“… but I don’t care. You got a hole aint it?” Jinhwan eyes widen. Not again. He thought he could escape the past but no, they still follow them. Jinhwan couldn’t stand it. He could run but his short legs are a disadvantage. He needs to get away from here. And when things seemed to be a dead end for him, a loud crack was heard. One of the man falls, and Jinhwan knows where the cracking sound was from when he saw a tall boy, gripping his fist.

~*~

“You think you can live here alone?” Junhoe said as he enters the empty, dusty apartment. It was small, small enough for one person to live in. Jinhwan nods. He put his bag aside before grabbing a broom at the corner before sweeping the floor.

“You want me to help?” Junhoe asked.

“There’s no need to, you helped me a lot today”

“Well, I cant leave a cute boy who’s in danger, can I?”

“Yeah, sure. Thanks for that. Thanks for helping me find somewhere to live too”

“I happened to see the poster when I was strolling around”

“Why are you strolling around in the middle of the night?”

“I cant sleep, so I thought a bit of fresh air could help. Why are you strolling around? You know its dangerous for small boys like you to run around at night” a moment of silence passed. Jinhwan mind suddenly went back to his old home. He was immersed in his thoughts that he couldn’t hear Junhoe calling for him.

“..ello?... Hello?... Earth to Kim Jinhwan?”

“Uh.. yeah”

“You still didn’t answer my question”

“… I was… running away”

“You ran from your house? What will your parents say?”

“I lived in an orphanage” another moment of silence followed.

“… sorry”

“It’s okay”

“Anyway, how old are you? Aren’t you still young and should be attending school?”

“I’m 18 and I still don’t know how to – “

“What! You’re 18!? I’m 15!”

“What really? I thought you’re the same age as me”

“So I have to call you hyung now?”

“Suits you”

“Do you have a phone?”

“Nope”

“Then tomorrow, let’s go on a date!”

“What?!”

~*~

Jinhwan is currently waiting tables at a local café in the evening. He works right after school finished. He needs to earn money since he’s now living by himself. He needs to settle school fees and the apartment rent. Even though Junhoe would sometimes lend him money, but he felt bad towards the younger. He doesn’t want to burden Junhoe anymore, or so he thought.

“Hye hyung!” a rough voice greets him.

“Junhoe? What are you doing here? And why are you wearing that?” Jinhwan said as he look at Junhoe wearing the same outfit as he is.

“I’m working with you hyung” the younger smiled happily.

“But how do they accept you? You’re freaking 15! You need to be 18 to work”

“Well, thanks to my face” he said proudly and Jinhwan could only face-palm himself. But he couldn’t deny the relieve feeling. He was glad that the younger was with him. He somehow, felt safe. And it’s undeniable that Junhoe looks good in that waiter outfit. Jinhwan didn’t realise how long he had been staring at the younger when one of the customers called.

“Hyung, he’s calling for you”

“Ah… yeah” he said blushing before he heads towards the table where a group of guys are waiting. Junhoe went to the kitchen to grab some desserts when he heard a loud commotion from the front. When he gets there, he could see Jinhwan standing still at the previous table that is now empty. Then, he realised the now drenched uniform that Jinhwan was wearing and he could still see some smoke evaporates from the elder. Upon realising what had happened, he quickly pulls Jinhwan towards the staff room before closing it shut.

“What did they do to you?” Junhoe asked, concerned. He could still smell the aroma of hot cappuccino on Jinhwan’s body. He quickly gets a damp cloth to soothe the heat. He asked Jinhwan to take of his drenched uniform to check if there’s any burn on his body. Jinhwan hesitates but he knows he needs to change it, slowly he starts stripping himself and what caught Junhoe’s attention was not the burn marks, neither the milky white skin, but the number of bruises and scars on his body. He was shocked and grew more worried towards the smaller guy in front of him. How did you live your life before this?

“It’s fine. I’m used to this” Jinhwan said as he took the damp cloth from the shocked-face boy’s hand, wiping himself. His body tenses a bit as he tried to wipe the coffee from the burn parts. Junhoe suddenly hugged him.

“I’m sorry”

It was slow and husky, like the taller male is trying to hold his tears. He didn’t know why he said sorry. He just felt wrong, like it is his fault for not being able to be with the elder before, through all his pain and tears. Jinhwan hugged him back, slowly caressing the younger’s back. Then, the taller boy breaks, his tears starts falling and he kept repeating sorry between tears. He hugged the smaller boy tighter as he cries, hiding his face on Jinhwan’s shoulder.

After what if feels like hours, Jinhwan finally spoke “Ermm… June-ah, the burn still hurts”. Junhoe quickly let go of the younger and observe the burns on the small body.

“Hey, it’s not your fault” Jinhwan said as he ruffles the taller’s hair. “stop crying, you’re making me feel bad” Junhoe wipe his tears before looking back at the elder. His hand slowly caress the Jinhwan’s face and he steps a little closer. Their lips getting closer and their eyes had already been shut. They can feel each other’s breathing on their face when suddenly the door opens.

“Hey, Jinhwan! I just heard what happ… ah, sorry for interrupting” it was the café’s owner and by that time, their lips had already touched.

~*~

When Jinhwan was informed about the death of his beloved, he lose it. He screams at the doctor and nurses saying they’re not able to do their job well. That they shouldn’t be what they are now. He looks at them with disgust before forcing himself into the room where the beeping sound is no longer heard. They had already shut off the machine indicating that the body now lying on the bed is dead. Jinhwan lift the white cloth that had been hiding the corpse’s face.

“June-ah, are you sleeping?” he slowly caress the cold face, decorated with bruises and it slowly breaks Jinhwan’s heart.

“Could you wake up please? Just show me that you’re still alive. Show me that the doctors had done their job properly” he helds the cold hand, interwining their fingers.

“Show me your smile, show me your laugh because I miss them, I miss you” his tears starts to form in his eyes.

“Why are you cold? Is the room too cold for you? Should I ask the doctors to bring the heaters?” Jinhwan eyes are now blurry.

“Just answer me June! Open your eyes! You said you would love me til the very end! You said you will protect me forever! But why must you go now?! How about your promise!? How about your life?! How about our life?! How about me?!” his tears finally falls, wetting his face. He could only feel pain and it tortures him, pulling his soul away from his fragile body.

“Stop it, Jinhwan” he turns towards the door to see Junhoe’s mother standing there. Her eyes told him that she’s been crying earlier.

“Mom, look” while pointing towards Junhoe’s face “June is sleeping” and that makes Junhoe’s mother cry again.

“Please… Jinhwan… stop”

“Why are you crying Mom? June’s sleeping soundly.” Jinhwan puts his head on Junhoe’s chest. “I can still hear his heart beating, a-and look!” he put his finger under Junhoe’s nose “he’s still breathing”.

“June’s gone! Please Jinhwan stop!” this time it was Junhoe’s sister who rushed in, trying to comfort her mother who’s now on her knees, crying her eyes out.

“He’s not gone! He’s still alive!!” Jinhwan screamed as he turned towards the dead body “June wake up! Your family thinks you’re dead!” He slaps the Junhoe’s face earning a shocked face from Junhoe’s mother “Wake up you Pabo!!” he was about to slap the face again when someone gripped his hand and pulled him out of the room. He turned to see Junhoe’s father as he was dragged further from the room.

“Dad, what are you doing?!” Jinhwan starts to struggle. “June needs me there!” and by the time he finished that sentence, he earned a slap on his left cheek.

“Stop it, Jinhwan. Please, he’s gone already” Junhoe’s father grabbed his shoulders firmly before falling on his knees. “Don’t do this please. You’re hurting yourself. You’re hurting us” the old man said between tears. Jinhwan eyes gets teary before he starts crying again. He knows he’s gone but he couldn’t accept it. His heart isn’t ready for that. He had never thought of Junhoe’s death so when it happens in a split second, he couldn’t take the fact. But there’s one thing he knew for sure. It was his fault. Wait, no. It was ‘their’ fault.

~*~

A tall boy was seen at the rooftop of the school, staring at the ground below. The wind blows through his hair making it flow like the waves by the beach.

“You’re here early” a voice greets him. He turned to see a petite boy staring at him and it’s cute on how the smaller boy had to lift his head a bit to see the taller’s face. Junhoe just smiled at him before sitting down.

“You’re skipping class again, didn’t you?” and that earned a smirk from the younger.

“I’m so gonna tell Mom!” Jinhwan said as he reaches his phone trying to call Junhoe’s mother but then, Junhoe stole the phone from him.

“Okay, wont do it again” Junhoe smiled cutely.

“You better be sure about it cuz if I caught you again, there be no more safe words”

“Yeah, yeah, so what’s for lunch?”

“Well, Mom brought us fried rice” Jinhwan said as he bring out the two containers of food.

“Mom brought this? When did she… ah… no wonder she called” Junhoe chuckled to himself. He was skipping class that time when his mother called so he didn’t want to answer it.

“I guessed so, here” Jinhwan hand him one of the containers but was stopped by Junhoe’s hand.

“I want you to feed me” and that makes Jinhwan laughed so hard that he almost spilled his fried rice.

“Seriously, June?! You’re not a baby”

“If you don’t want to feed me, then I wont eat” Junhoe said as he pouts.

“Suits you then” Jinhwan said as he starts to eat his fried rice. After halfway through his fried rice, Jinhwan looked at the still closed container and the pouting Junhoe who is looking at the clouds. He smiled at his boyfriend’s childishness.

“Aww, come on here you big baby! Let hyung feed you” he couldn’t miss the sparkle in Junhoe’s eyes when the younger turned his head towards him.

Jinhwan felt happy, he wished this moment would never end. He finally found someone he could trust and love, and the most important a loveable family. He couldn’t wish for more but later on, he hoped that his would come true. He had never thought that day would be his last lunch with his boyfriend.

~*~

He put his bag outside and collects his tools before entering the house through the window. He realised he entered an empty room and so he decided to go towards the door. He could hear loud cheering from the other side of the door and anger boils his blood. He opened the door slowly and he could see a group of five people at the living room.

One of them suddenly stands and heads towards the kitchen when he saw the opened door. He felt weird. Isn’t the door always closed? He walks towards the door and took a peek inside, he didn’t see anything strange. When he was about to leave, someone suddenly cupped his mouth before he could feel something cold on his neck.

“Do you remember me?” the man turned and he could see a small boy with a psycho smile stuck on his face. With that, his throat was slit open, making a gush of red liquid coming out from the wound. The cut was deep, deep enough to cut his respiratory tube, making him hard to breath. The small boy holds the man tightly as he tried to struggle until eventually, the man stopped moving. Signing that he’s dead making the petite boy smile.

A loud thud was heard from the room but no one seems to hear it. The group keeps on playing games when another one stood up, heading towards the kitchen. Unfortunately, he couldn’t see or maybe he doesn’t care about the opened door. He went towards the kitchen counter to grab a glass of water when suddenly someone jump on top of him before a loud crack was heard. The man fell on the floor with a broken neck without realising what had happened, who had kill him. And again, no one seems to hear the loud thud, making the killer smile, more devilish.

A loud crash, like the sound of glass been thrown on the floor, came from the opened room. One of the man heard it while the other two are too focused on their games. The man walked inside the dark room and he could smell something weird. He the lights and he screamed, dropping himself on the floor. He saw one of his friends, throat opened, lying in a pool of blood. He quickly get to his senses before calling out for his friends. But they didn’t answered. When he stood up and walked towards the living room, he fell for the second time. Both of his friends are now lying on the floor motionless with a knife each on their heads. He was about to get up and run when someone suddenly pulled him into the previous room before receiving a punch on the face. He look up and he could now see the murderer, and he knew the murderer well.

“You” the man pointed towards the smaller boy.

“Glad you remember me” the boy smiled before piercing one of his knives on the man’s hand, nailing it on the floor. The man’s screams are like a sweet melody to the boy’s ears.

“Why are you doing this?!” the man screamed with a tear running down his face.

“Well, you know the tall guy that you guys beat up earlier?” The boy pulled the man’s hair, forcing him to face his eyes. “he’s dead” he said before piercing a knife straight to the man’s heart. He pierce another knife on the man’s free hand, nailing it to the floor, just like the other hand before standing up and enjoys the view. The man struggled to pull his hand from the floor, but it was worthless and for the boy, it was priceless. He smiled, the man could only stare at him with horror written in his eyes. After a few seconds, the man finally gave up as his soul slowly being ripped out from his body until he lays motionless on the floor with his eyes still wide open.

~*~

“Hyung, would you be my boyfriend?” Junhoe said after he broke the kiss. Jinhwan is still shirtless and it’s kind of awkward to answer that question.

“…I should talk to Youngbae hyung” Jinhwan tried to avoid the question by meeting the owner of the café. When he was about to leave, Junhoe gripped his hand tightly and there’s no sign that he’s gonna let go.

“Hyung, please. I loved you from the very first time I saw you and my heart… it hurts to see you like this. I know you’re strong hyung, but please let me protect you, I want to be someone special in your life” Junhoe let out all of his inner thoughts. What he felt towards the older can’t be ignored. He loves the older from the first time he laid eyes on him. He remembers he was watching the smaller boy sleeping on the bench when suddenly a group of guys push him and starts to ually harass him. He couldn’t help himself and punch the guy on the face, breaking his nose. The others starts to fight back, but thank goodness he knows a bit of martial arts. He blocked almost every attacks given and he can see that this battle is his.

When the guys finally gave up and runs away, Junhoe looked at Jinhwan who was now hugging his knees, looking at Junhoe like he’s some kind of monster. He tried to come close but Jinhwan keeps going further. So he sat down on the pavements, and smiled at the smaller boy.

“Hey it’s okay” Jinhwan still with his scared face. “I’m not gonna hurt you. I’m Koo Junhoe, what’s your name?” the small boy’s eyes slowly changes. “Kim Jinhwan” he answered shortly.

“Don’t be scared. I helped you, you’re safe now” Junhoe held his hands and smiled. Jinhwan turn his gaze towards the taller boy’s hand and back to his face. He had never trusted someone but somehow, deep in his heart, it says he could, no, he should trust him. Slowly he reaches his hands towards Junhoe who kept his assuring smile and when he grabs the hand, he somehow felt safe.

~*~

The group of five guys had already surrounded Jinhwan in the dark alley. How the hell did he met them here? It’s the group that he first encountered when he ran from his orphanage. The ert group but this time they brought weapons which are baseball bats.

“You’ve gotten cuter since the last time I saw you” one of the man said his lips. Jinhwan couldn’t say a word, he knows he could fight back but why is he hesitating? He felt a cold touch on his face when the man touches him.

“Back off” he said earning a punch on his stomach. He was about to crouch down before the man pulled his hair and lock both of his hands above his head.

“Be nice kid” he starts to kiss the small boy’s neck. One hand is holding Jinhwan’s hands while the other starts to the school uniform he was wearing. Jinhwan is already crying when his shirt was taken off from him.

“What do you think youre doing?!” a loud scream is heard from the end of the alley. Junhoe stands there in disbelief. He charges towards them but then he realises the bats they were holding and quickly stopped 10 metres away.

“You guys” Junhoe growled when he saw the faces of his enemies. He’s angry and to see his boyfriend being harassed makes his blood boil.

“Get the f away from him” as soon as he said that. The man that was harassing the small boy, let go of Jinhwan’s hands and picked his baseball bat before turning towards Junhoe.

“Come and get him” the fight starts with Junhoe able to block the blows from the bats but luck was not by his side when a heavy blow was hit on his stomach. The group of guys who saw this take the advantage and starts to him more violently. Jinhwan could only stare in horror, as bruises formed on his lover’s arms, blood gushing out from his mouth and nose. Then, he wished that he would close his eyes when their eyes met, he screamed loudly when the tall boy lose his consciousness. The heavy blow on the head was printed on Jinhwan’s head. He cried and scream, then a group of passer-by came with shocked faces. The group of guys that had been beating Junhoe quickly ran away when they saw one of the passer-by calls the police. Jinhwan quickly ran towards his boyfriend whos now bleeding somewhere on his head. Wait, he’s bleeding somewhere else too. Jinhwan lifts the younger’s shirt to see a wide wound opened, gushing out crimson blood and he knew that a bat wont make that kind of cut. He cried as he tried to cover the wound with his hands. F , when did they held a knife.

~*~

He went to the nearest bathroom and cleaned each of the knives he took from his victims. He then wash himself and changes his clothes to a cleaner one. The clothes that had been soaked with blood was kept in a plastic. He walks slowly, avoiding every puddle of blood he encounters reaching towards the room that he entered. Walking pass the dead bodies and pool of blood, he reaches the window and climbed out. He wore a mask before heading towards the streets, walking like things had never happened with a smirk stuck on his face. Besides, it’s not the first time he killed people.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Newspaper heading a year ago,

An Orphanage Painted with Blood

__________________________________________________________________

Hye guys, I should be studying but I'm writing this! I'm so gonna fail my exams. I was in a very bad mood when I start writing this that's why it started like that ahahaha

Do you think its good? because I didn't re-read it so I'm not sure of any mistakes that I made. I'm so sorry if there's some

Yeah June died TT, why do I have to kill him? I realised that in all of my fanfics, someone has to die hahaha I'm so sorry

And Jinan is a... idk hahaha

if you have any questions do asks me on the comments below or on twitter akirazinan

thank you for reading, love you guys XOXO

-akirazinan