final

Letters

 

 

 

Taemin wasn’t sure how he suddenly went from barely knowing Minho to suddenly wanting to date him; they didn’t have any classes in common hence why they barely spoke apart from the occasional greetings. He found himself asking Kibum and Jonghyun about him, finding out he was a comic’s geek and a soccer lover, and also helped at a bakery store near his house on Fridays (when his friends asked he refused he had actually followed him, he just had coincidentally found him).

 

When he admitted to Kibum three weeks ago his feelings seeking advice, he just got ‘Why are you telling me this? I know I’m handsome, but I’m not Minho. Go tell him!’ which got him even more confused, being someone who didn’t show his feelings or emotions well a confession would be a disaster. After persistent planning from his and Jonghyun’s part, they finally arrived to a solution: love letters.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, you’re daydreaming again.”

 

Taemin could hear Kibum talking to him, but all he could do was wonder how in the world Minho hadn’t approached him. It had been exactly 13 days since he started leaving letters under Minho’s desk, pouring his feelings and embarrassing himself from the cheesy pick-up lines he ended each letter with (they ranged from ‘On a scale from one to ten, you're a nine... and I'm the one you need’ to ‘Hey, you're pretty and I'm cute. Together we'd be pretty cute.’) and yet he hadn’t heard anything from anyone, apart from Kibum’s constant nagging to ‘just confess already, you are not 10 years old anymore’.

 

Kibum was growing tired of his constant complaining about Minho’s lack of response, “I’m going to get another best friend, “ he comments, “You know, I’ve been talking to Jinki; he’s nice and it seems like he wouldn’t ignore their friends—”

 

“Hey!” Taemin protests, finally snapping back to reality, “I don’t ignore you! If there’s someone to blame it’s not me, it’s Minho!”

 

“What are you blaming Minho for now?” Jonghyun interrupts, leaning against the lockers next to them and rising at eyebrow at Kibum, who was about to explain the situation but Taemin started bombarding Jonghyun with questions,

 

“Have you seen him? Did you see one of my letters? Do you think he’s purposely ignoring me in class?” Taemin asks him, “Maybe he’s too shy to talk to me…” he mumbles to himself.

 

“Taemin, you have no classes with him, how exactly is he ignoring you?” Kibum comments, glancing at Jonghyun silently asking for help: the rat-and-mouse situation revolving around Taemin and Minho tiring him more than Jonghyun.

 

“That’s true, weren’t you spying him from the English room window yesterday? I saw you.” Jonghyun chuckled, the image of Taemin pretending to take pictures with his camera from the window coincidently when soccer practice was happening too funny.

 

“W-What...I didn’t do that…” Taemin mumbles as he looks down, evading their eyes.

 

Before Kibum got a chance to , the bell rang and while saying their farewells, Minho greeted the three of them before entering class.

 

“Taemin, remember to breathe.”

 

 

Taemin understood if Minho was going to act nonchalant about the letters, monologuing to Kibum about how he was probably afraid to approach him; ‘have you seen me? I’m pretty cute if I say so myself’.  But after one more week of no reaction, he was growing as tired as Kibum had been for almost a month already. With the most enthusiasm Kibum had shown since the initial Love Letters idea began, they formulated a plan to make Minho regret his actions of ‘rejecting’ Taemin, something Kibum was an specialist in: an earful.

 

After threatening Jonghyun for Minho’s class schedule in exchange for not leaking of what Kibum called The Pictures™ from Jonghyun’s childhood, he found a gap in-between Minho’s soccer practice and Physics class, ten minutes being long enough to tell Minho about how rude it was to ignore someone’s feelings and even make them waste paper for letters.

 

Not worrying about getting to class late, he followed Minho closely behind, who was bickering with Jinki about his physics homework, he thought he heard one of them mention something about letters, but he wasn’t sure if he heard right or if he had hit rock-bottom of his delusion.

 

It wasn’t until Jinki bid goodbye to go to his next class that Minho was finally left alone, and knowing time was ticking Taemin didn’t waste any time in approaching him.

 

Choi Minho!

 

Minho was startled over Taemin’s sudden shout, thinking it was his physics teacher looking for him but let out a sigh of relief when he saw him.

 

“Oh, hi Taemin. How are y—”

 

“Do not ‘hello, Taemin’ me.” Taemin interrupts him with a scowl on his face, “Are you aware that you’ve been ignoring my letters for three weeks now? For your information, I spent many hours on them, even If I’m not good with feelings and everything, I did my best in explaining how I felt about you and cheesy pick-up lines aside, I really do like you. I just wanted to tell you that since you don’t feel the same way, it would have been nice to tell me directly instead of blatantly ignoring them and me!”

 

Minho frowns over his unexpected outburst before asking, “What letters?”

 

If he thought Taemin looked angry before, well he thought wrong; now it looked like he was about to spit fire at him. “What do you mean what letters? The ones I’ve been putting under your desk daily!”

 

Minho was sure someone was going to come looking for them over the ruckus Taemin was doing, but Taemin didn’t seem to mind; patting his foot and crossing and uncrossing his arms continuously while waiting for his answer.  “Taemin, please believe me when I say I have received no letters from you, are you sure you put them under my desk?”

 

Taemin sighs exasperatedly but replies, “Yes! The one in the first row next to the window!”

 

“Taemin…that’s Jinki’s desk,” Minho informs, “Mine is the one behind his.”

 

“W-Wait,” his scowl quickly faded and disbelief spread across his face, “I’ve been putting the letters under the wrong desk this whole time?”

 

Kibum’s sudden yell coming from the hallway startled both of them and interrupted their conversation,  “Taemin! The English teacher is asking for you!”

 

“Oh my god— I’m so sorry for yelling at you Minho” Taemin says while waving Kibum away, feeling his face get hot as he realized that he had just yelled at Minho when he was the one at fault, “I won’t bother you anymore...”

 

Before Taemin got a chance to leave, Minho grasped Taemin’s hand tightly, causing Taemin to look up at him with slight shock. “Don’t worry, I read all the letters; Jinki kept passing them to me since you never really got my desk right, which kind of hurts of me since I like you a lot.” Minho chuckled while Taemin felt a blush spread from his neck up to his cheeks, and he was sure he heard Kibum cooing at them from the hallway.

 

“And I must agree, you are cute and well, I am pretty. Together we would be pretty cute. What do you say?

 

 

 


 

first of all i'm sorry it took me long to post, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!!!!! also photograph is (almost) at 1000 views [loud firecrackers go off], thank you!!! also I changed the description, I erased the "by a friend" part since I forgot that detail while I was writing it lol

if there are mistakes kindly point them out (I quickly proof-read) and thank u for the subscriptions and comments!!!!!! <3