Final

The Arranged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Kim!” Jiyeon squealed as she saw Myungsoo down the hallway in school.

Myungsoo turned his head around and found his secret wife running down to his side. “Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon beamed and stood right next to him as she panted badly, “Mr. Kim… You’re so hard to find. I’ve searched the whole school for you!”

“Why are you looking for me?” Myungsoo whispered lowly so no one could actually hear them. “You know we’re support to keep our status low!”

Jiyeon giggled and pushed the lunchbox to him quickly, “Omma said I have to be a good wife so I made this for you. I forgot to pass it to you in the morning.”

Myungsoo kept the lunchbox and frowned, “Don’t do that again.”

“Swari ~” Jiyeon sang as she hopped back to her classroom, leaving Myungsoo shaking his head at the retreating figure.

“Mr. Kim!”

He snapped his attention away from his wife and turned around to find his other students crowding around him. They were inviting him for lunch together but he kindly rejected them.

“It’s okay. I have things to do.”

That’s right.

He was a famous teacher in school since he was handsome. Students loved him as he was caring too.

Of course, nobody knew about the secret arranged marriage of the teacher and student. Until a year ago, they were simply a teacher and a student to each other. Their parents made them meet up like a typical drama and matched-made them together.

Their wedding happened too quickly. Their parents even gave them a house for their wedding gift, but of course, Jiyeon parents warned Myungsoo countless time to wait for her to graduate before ‘eating’ her up.

Myungsoo would laugh it off every time and turned red when they talked about grandchildren.

Just like that, one year had passed and they were still in a secret relationship.

It wasn’t much of a real relationship too.

Since they were being matched by their parents, Myungsoo didn’t love her as a woman. So for this one whole year, they had been living in a separate room.

Jiyeon did her best to become a wife to Myungsoo as told by her parents though.

She managed to cook breakfast, lunch, and even dinner for Myungsoo, despite being busy with her school work. She even did the chores at home. That was what her parents told her to do after she got married and she got used to it. She thought it was what a wife should do. Jiyeon never fell in love before so she doesn’t know how it feels like.

As for Myungsoo, he was different. He had a secret girlfriend.

Secret again.

That’s right.

It was a secret because he didn’t want to let his parents down.

So, everything in his life was a secret.

He lived in a secret in school with Jiyeon.

He had been hiding his secret girlfriend from his lawful wife and his family members for long. He had this girlfriend even before they got married though.

So the more he thought about it, the more he felt that Jiyeon was actually the third party in their relationship.

However, no matter how much he hated her to be his wife and how much he hated her just because he got in between him and his girlfriend, he couldn’t blame her in the end.

He knew she wasn’t at fault.

It wasn’t even her decision to marry him. It wasn’t even her fault to be his wife.

In order to keep his relationship with Soojin a secret, he agreed to marry Jiyeon as proposed by his and her parents.

*RINNNNNGGGGGG*

The bell for next lesson rang, and Myungsoo stared at his lunchbox blankly. It was still full, which meant he didn’t even take a mouth from it. He had been thinking about his relationship a lot these few days. Soojin knew about his wife and she had been pressuring him to divorce her as she was jealous.

Myungsoo had been assuring her that he will do it soon so she doesn’t have to worry.

But what could he do?

He can’t just bomb a divorce paper to his wife since Jiyeon was doing a great job as his wife. His parents would kill him too.

He was in a great dilemma.

Myungsoo kept the still-full lunchbox and left his seat for the next lesson, Math. Coincidentally, it was Jiyeon’s class.

“Good afternoon, students.”

The students cooed as a reply but Jiyeon was the loudest. She was enthusiastic about having the lesson under Myungsoo.

Her friends and classmates even for having a crush at Myungsoo but she simply laughed them off.

“GOOD AFTERNOON, MR. KIM!”

She even did a huge wave in the air.

“Jiyeon-ah, we know you love your Mr. Kim. Stop being so happy now. It’s time for lesson~” The class loudspeaker teased playfully which earned laughter from the rest again.

Jiyeon bit her lips shyly and giggled at him, “Stop teasing me!”

“Alright, class! Settle down!” Mr. Kim cut in to stop the whole incident from getting worse and continued his lesson.

He even sent Jiyeon some disapproving glances from time to time which caused Jiyeon to pout sadly at her seat.

The lesson ended quickly and the next teacher entered the class. “BYE BYE, MR. KIM!”

Myungsoo sent her one last glare before exiting the classroom completely, leaving her friends teasing her again.

She was so going to get it that night.

Indeed, when Myungsoo returned home, he went to her room at once and reprimanded her. “Park Jiyeon!”

“I’m a Kim now, oppa!” Jiyeon pouted and stood up to his side to get his tie off his shoulder.

“Fine, Kim Jiyeon. Stop doing those ridiculous stuffs in class.”

“Why? You don’t like it? I’ve watched dramas and the guys all love their other half to do things like that!” She walked over to the bathroom and let the hot water out onto the bathtub for him.

“We’re not even real. You know this whole thing was just an arrangement, don’t you? And don’t have to do that, I’ll just take a shower.”

Jiyeon sighed and off the tap before releasing the water down the drain. “Oppa… It’s an arrangement but we’ve been living like this for a year already. I’m sure our parents want us to live together for the rest of our lives.”

Myungsoo the top of his dress shirt and rotated his stiff neck, “You know it’s impossible, don’t you? We don’t even love each other.”

“I don’t know…” Jiyeon pouted as she sat on her bed sadly, “I don’t even know what love is.”

“You’re still a kid.” Myungsoo exclaimed and turned around, heading towards her door, “You don’t know what love is.”

Jiyeon tried to process his words well.

And indeed, she found out she doesn’t really know what love is. It seemed to her that her life was arranged perfectly for her and she just have to live it well. So she doesn’t even know how it felt like to love someone.

She let out a huge sigh before exiting her room to the kitchen to prepare their dinner again.

The dinner was silent.

None of them talked and only the sounds of spoon clacking the plate could be heard.

They ended their dinner like that and Jiyeon went back to her room after finishing the dishes up. She tried her best to finish her homework but she was stuck on a math question again.

It had always been like this.

Her math was poor and she will be stuck on questions she found it hard to do. Of course, there were lots of them. She had no choice but to ask for help from her husband next room.

“Myungsoo oppa?”

“Come in.”

Jiyeon entered as told and walked over to his table with the book tightly hugged against her chest.

“Math question again?”

She nodded her head with a pout on her lips.

Myungsoo sighed and started clearing the space on the table next to him, “Bring a chair over.”

Jiyeon beamed and did as told. She came back with a chair a minute after and sat right next to him. She began asking him questions she didn’t understand and he taught her well.

“How are you doing for your test this Friday? Can you make it?”

“Oppa~” Jiyeon whined a little and frowned sadly, “I can do it!”

“Alright, I’ll wait for your good news then.” Myungsoo nodded his head, agreeing with her.

“Why not we make a deal?! If I did well for the test, you have to bring me to a fine dining restaurant for dinner!”

Myungsoo raised a brow as he smirked, “You sure you want to make this bet?”

“Of course! Why? Are you scared now, oppa?” Jiyeon cooed.

“Me? Scared?” Myungsoo scoffed, “Alright! The deal is on.”

“ASSA! I’ll make sure I ace the test, oppa! Just you wait!” She was so determined to get her test done well. She wanted to eat some expensive food for long, but she doesn’t have anyone to acco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter