End

No. 9
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I wish to clarify that this is a work of fiction. If you're a Hwayoung fan, please do not be offended with what you read, I'm in no way trying to use this story to flame anyone. And I do not advocate suicidal thoughts in real life.

Not edited for spelling and grammer etc. pardon for any errors.

 

This is an angst fic, but I still hope you'll enjoy reading it. 

 

Author's POV

Hyomin walked out of the practice room with the others members. They have been warming up their vocals for the last hour. After a long hiatus, they're finally going to have their comeback. And now the girls were making their way to the meeting room to greet S. Tiger who had helped produce the upcoming song. 

Hyomin was walking at the back with Qri, Hyomin was engrossed with her phone and Qri had to hold the girl's hand to make sure the younger girl doesn't end up walking into a wall. 

Jiyeon who had just turned her head around at that very moment saw the two girls holding hands. The maknae felt her heart hurt a little and hence she decided to do what she does best, return her Hyomin unnie the 'favour' by getting close with Eunjung. This was definitely one way to get her unnie's attention. 

"Eunjung unnie~ I'm starving!" Jiyeon's husky voice broke out loudly along the hallway and it caught every girls attention other than Hyomin. The older girls laughed at their maknae's antic after all they just had a big lunch an hour ago. Even Boram who's hungry all the time wasn't complaining about hunger yet. There was a reaction from everyone, but Jiyeon notices how her Hyomin unnie was still keeping her face glued to the phone. 

Jiyeon can't help but feel her face letting out a frown as her plan that have worked most of the time, failed. This game if jealously had been going on for quite sometime, and almost every single time Jiyeon won. It all began a few years ago..


Few years ago

For Hyomin and Jiyeon, things were going on well. 'Well' as in things were smooth, no problems. The two had feelings for each other and they saw it coming long ago. It was inevitable, they have been living in the same room for years and naturally they would grow close and move into the part where a strong friendship develops into something called 'Love'. 

They had never really gotten the chance to clarify their feelings about one another because deep down they had already knew that their hearts belonged to each other. And they actually thought they knew what the other is thinking by making eye contact. They call it telepathy. 

But little did they know that this game of charades was really the cause of all problems that were about to come. Both of them had the habit of keeping their own thoughts to themselves, and both ended up guessing each other's by looking at the other's actions. 

It's dangerous to guess. Guessing brings about misunderstandings. Jiyeon realised it easily, maybe that's why she hated the word "Misunderstand". But still the younger girl wasn't smart enough to do anything about it. 

The game of keeping quiet and guessing didn't cause any problems at first. But the consequences of the two girl's choice became more clear when a new member, Hwayoung, joined the group. Nothing much happens in the beginning. But when Jiyeon felt that her Hyomin unnie was treating the new member a little too well, things start to take a turn and went down hill. 

It would be best if Jiyeon had clarified about how she was uncomfortable with her unnie being a little too caring towards Hwayoung. But the stubborn girl decided to kept silent. 

During that period, the two grew a little distant. While Hyomin was trying to welcome the new member in her own ways, Jiyeon who felt left out found a new shelter in Eunjung. 

A sudden change like this don't go unnoticed, and Hyomin notices how Jiyeon is flocking to their Eunjung unnie all the time. She was a little guilty for leaving the girl alone for a few times but she did not appreciate the younger girl's way of getting back at her. 

And thus Hyomin decided to not say anything, hoping that Jiyeon will realise how she's wrong and come back to her Hyomin unnie's side. 

But it never happened. On stage, Jiyeon would be close with Hyomin every now and then. But when they are off the stage, it's Eunyeon 24/7. Hyomin was hurt, but she never showed it, the girl was just grateful that her Jiyeonnie remained close with her on stage.  

Things went well a little for Jiyeon when Hwayoung left the group. It's not that she's happy because Hwayoung left, after all things went really bad for the whole group when rumours and controversy started spreading throughout Korea.  

Jiyeon was just glad that she had finally got her Hyomin unnie back. Hyomin was devastated during that period of time, she had indeed cared for Hwayoung a lot but she ended up getting ed over by the girl she looked out for. 

Jiyeon stayed by her Hyonin unnie's side for quite sometime, looking out for the older girl and reassuring her that everything was alright. This were like normal again, MinYeon being happy together and all, it felt as if they were the only two in the world. But when did happiness ever last?

The company placed a new member into the group again despite what had happened the last time someone was added in. A girl named, Areum. The girl became the group's maknae, like Hwayoung. 

Things were pretty similar and Jiyeon was afraid that history would repeat itself again. Jiyeon was afraid that the new member would one day turn her back in everyone, but this thought slowly went away when she come to know the girl better. Areum was sincere, she was gracious, humble, pretty, cute. Jiyeon had come to know that Areum was everything but Hwayoung and with that she was assured. 

But there's still something that Jiyeon was afraid of. And that's her Hyomin unnie being too overly caring again, and this time round it was Areum. A girl who's a million times better than Hwayoung. Jiyeon had seen how her unnie was 'smitten' by Hwayoung, but with Areum? Jiyeon guessed that Hyomin would probably skip the infatuation part and fall in love with the girl immediately. 

Yea, and it happened like how Jiyeon had predicted. Hyomin had a soft spot, and that's to take good care of whoever is younger than her. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be kind and caring, after all that's the reason why Jiyeon fell in love with Hyomin in the first place. But in this situation, Jiyeon would rather her Hyomin unnie be cold to everyone else and only caring toward her. 

Jiyeon went back to Eunjung and seek refuge there. Eunjung took over the job of being a loving unnie while Hyomin was busy being a caring woman. 

And that was how it really started, the jealousy, the feeling of loneliness. It never improved even after Areum left the group. In fact things got worse beneath the surface, behind the fake smiles on stage. 

In the past, Hyomin and Jiyeon would still be close off stage despite being jealous with each other and all. They could tell by looking at one another's eyes that the love and the connection was there. But now, they see nothing. The connection they once had seemed lost. 

Jiyeon became even comfortable with Eunjung and remained close that way. MinYeon was a thing of the past. Both the girls were hurting deep inside.

Jiyeon continued to misunderstand the situation, thinking that Hyomin had given up on the love they once shared hence tried to get closer with Eunjung to get her unnie's attention and make her Jealous. 

Where

Please log in to read the full chapter