4. Suits

Pieces

A/N

Hey! It's Litha. I am so sorry for taking so long on the new chapter! I got swamped with work and personal stuff... my best friend passed away last summer and I just couldnt get myself to continue writing this fanfic centered around her bias....

I am a bit better now, but I apologize for the chapter being kind of short.

I also dropped the beta so maybe I can update a little more often, when life isn't busy...

---

“Is this your idea of dressing up? Geez dude, no wonder you need my help.”

 

“I didn’t ask for your help, you just barged in!”

 

“And it’s good that I did!”

 

Jeonghan sulked as Seungkwan once again disapproved of his outfit.

“Besides. What’s wrong with this outfit? You seemed to love it when we bought it together?”

 

Seungkwan sighed. “That was ages ago. It still is a fine suit, it’s just not good enough right now.”

He eyed Jeonghan up and down, clicking his tongue, seemingly lost in his thoughts.

 

“How is it not good enough now?” Jeonghan asked, looking at his suit in the mirror. It was a kind of burgundy color,  it still fit him perfectly, despite the fact that they had bought this suit well over a year ago. It was a bit too big for him back then, but it seemed that Seungkwan had an eye for these things.

 

“It clashes with your hair!” Seungkwan threw his hands up in frustration, going through the clothes in Jeonghans closet. He didn’t ask for permission, but Jeonghan knew better than to disrupt Seungkwan when he was in diva mode.

Once again looking in the mirror, he realized Seungkwan was right.

He had only been focussing on the fit of the suit, not the entire picture. The deep red/purplish color paired really well with his skin, and it would have looked amazing, were it not for the fact that it did not pair well with his silvery/lilac hair.

 

“Here, put this one on.”

Seungkwan disrupted his thoughts, holding out a suit to him, before leaving the room.

 

Jeonghan stared at the midnight blue suit in his hands. As always, Seungkwan had impeccable taste, he thought to himself while holding it up to his hair. The color matched his hair well.

He started taking off the burgundy suit and put on the dark blue one.

Even though he wouldnt need it for another few days, Seungkwan insisted everyone try on and pick out their suits today, just in case.

Lucky for him, the blue suit also still fit perfectly.

 

Well, mostly.

 

The only thing that had to be altered were the sleeves, being way too long. Nothing a tailor couldn’t fix.

The door opened and Seungkwan walked back in again, Joshua trailing behind him in a red suit.

 

“How does it look?” Seungkwan asked as he walked up to the walk-in closet.

 

Jeonghan turned around, tugging at his sleeves, prompting Seungkwan to tug at the material as well. “Might need the sleeves altered.”

 

Seungkwan tugged again, nodding in agreement. “I’ll call the tailor over. You can stay with Jeonghan while the tailor is here, right Joshua?”

Joshua nodded, not wanting to interrupt Seungkwan while he was this busy.

 

“In the meantime there’s Jihoon to help. He has trouble matching his suit to his hair as well. I really love your hairstyles, but it sure as hell makes picking out a fancy suit a hell of a lot more difficult!”

 

At the mention of Jihoons name, Jeonghan was reminded of the events of last night.

 

“Yoon Jeonghan, will you go out with me?”

 

The words echoed through his head, and he unintentionally called out for Seungkwan to stop.

 

The fluffy haired boy stopped in his tracks, walking back into the closet where Jeonghan and Joshua stood.

“Yeah, anything else Jeonghan?”

 

Joshua also looked at him with curiosity. It was generally not a good idea to disrupt Seungkwan whilst he was playing stylist like this. Especially since he wanted everything to be perfect for the dinner party, the first one he actually helped organise.

 

“Jihoon asked me out last night.”

 

Joshua’s eyes widened in surprise, and Seungkwan almost dropped his notebook, mouth slightly hanging open.

 

“AND YOU’RE ONLY TELLING ME THIS NOW?!” Seungkwan shrieked, causing the other boys present to cover their ears. His voice had suddenly risen a few octaves and Jeonghan was pretty sure that he was going to get complaints about excessive noise if Seungkwan didn’t stop.

 

Seeing their pained expressions, Seungkwan realized he was being overly loud again, immediately shutting his mouth again.

 

“Everything alright, young master?” The Boo family tailor came walking in, looking rather worried.

 

Seungkwan smiled wide. “Yeah, everything is just fine.”

 

The tailor looked a little uncomfortable, but quickly regained his composure as he bowed to the 3 boys gathered in the walk-in closet of Jeonghans dorm room. It was rather crowded, now that 4 people occupied the space, a fifth just joining them.

 

“I heard Seungkwan all the way from the other side of the building. Is everything okay?”

Jihoon pops his head in, curious about both Seungkwans whereabouts as well as why he was screaming like that.

 

Jeonghan lived in a dormroom at the east corner of the building, in room 17. Jihoon the other side, the west corner, in room 2. Being a prestigious college for the wealthy, the rooms were rather big. If they wanted to visit each other, they'd have to cross the entire length of the building. That's why they mostly hung out in room 9, Joshua’s room, because it was right in the middle. Also because it was close to the elevators.

 

Seungkwan just twirled around, catching Jihoon in a big bear hug. The older boy was not pleased, trying to push him off.

“Congratulations, you sneaky bastard!”

 

Jihoon sent a glance in Jeonghans direction, a slight blush creeping up his cheeks.

“You told him?!”

 

The tailor stood by, watching as the boys bickered, a small smile on his face. It was nice to see Seungkwan get along so well with these boys, even if they were older than he was.

Despite the bickering, it seemed that these boys had accepted Seungkwan as one of their own, and were not using him for his wealth. It was a thing that had happened before in the past, and he could remember how broken up the boy was about it.

 

He cleared his throath, and now 4 pairs of brown eyes looked at him.

“Young masters, may I remind you that neither I, nor you, have all day to prepare for the banquet that's being held end of this week?”

 

Seungkwan clasped his hands. “Right! Jihoon, I'm coming with you to pick out a suit, and you're going to tell me everything about last night. Jeonghan, you are going to tell me as well, after I come back tonight. I'm going shopping with Hansol first.

Alfonso, you take care of their tailoring work. Jeonghan only needs his sleeves altered, Joshua’s jacket needs to be taken in around the waist area, and also his pants are too long, but that's as far as I can see. Tailor it to perfection. You know the drill.”

 

The tailor nodded, following everyone out the closet and inside Jeonghans room. Seungkwan waved everyone goodbye as he and Jihoon left te room. Alfonso, the tailor went to work, taking out his measuring tape first.

 

“Did you say yes?” Joshua suddenly blurted out the question, startling Jeonghan. It had occured to him that they had never heard the answer, only that Jihoon had asked him out.

 

This time, it was Jeonghans turn to blush lightly.

“Yes, I did.”

 

Joshua paid no attention to the blush, smiling serenely instead.

“Well congratulations, I'm sure you'll make a very cute couple.”

 

Jeonghan returned the smile, grateful that Joshua didn't about blushing, which some of his friends would have done.

“Thank you.”

 

It was silent for a while as Alfonso worked on the fit of Joshua’s jacket. The yellow pins he used formed a stark contrast with the red material of Joshua’s suit.

Jeonghan just stared at the color, thinking that he should wear his own red suit at least once.

 

Since they were still relatively young, they could still pull off wearing colored suits like this. But they were in their last year of high school, and starting college soon, he knew the period in which this was acceptable, wasn’t going to last much longer.

 

“When’s the date?” Joshua broke the silence, waking Jeonghan from his thoughts.

 

“The day after the Boo dinner party. It's ideal because we'll be staying with our families for the weekend, and don't have to stay on school grounds. We could just sneak off, but I wouldn't know how, and as far as I know, Jihoon doesn't either.

Rule breaking isn't really my thing.”

 

Joshua suddenly burst out into laughter, somehow managing to stay still enough as to not disrupt Alfonso with his adjustments to the suit.

Jeonghan only looked at him confused, not understanding what was so funny about the situation.

 

The laughter eventually ceased whilst Alfonso compared different colours of thread to the suit, eventually settling on one and starting to sew the suit right there and then, whilst Joshua was still wearing it.

 

Jeonghan kept silent, waiting for Joshua to explain his sudden laughing fit. But the latter kept silent, as there was a needle close to his core.

A moving one.

 

Jeonghan played with the cuffs on his sleeves, not knowing what else to do, but a stern look from Alfonso made him stop his actions. Just like everyone in the Boo family, he’d rather not piss off the tailor working for the Boo family. Or anyone in the Boo family for that matter.

 

Alfonso got on his knees to work on the pants and Joshua released the breath he’d unknowingly been holding. Jeonghan combed one hand through his hair, a futile attempt to keep it out of his face. His pale face seemd even paler, illuminated by the faint light coming through the windows, and Joshua could only stare. Jihoon was lucky an angel like this agreed to go out with him.

 

“Joshua?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why were you laughing?”

 

Joshua shrugs. “It's just that I tried imagining you and Jihoon breaking the rules together. It just looked so cute and surreal!”

 

Jeonghan frowned again. “That’s it? That's what got you laughing so hard?”

 

“It was funnier in my imagination.”

 

Alfonso stood up, eyeing his work on Joshua’s suit.

 

“The basic work is done. If you could change, I can take the suit in and finish alterations in the atelier.”

 

Joshua nodded, quietly leaving the room to get changed. Alfonso went to pin Jeonghans sleeves in the meantime, careful to not accidentally prick the delicate skin.

 

A casually dressed Joshua came back in as Alfonso requested Jeonghan to stretch his arms over his head to test the pinned length of the sleeves. The pins grazed his wrists, but did not break the skin.

Alfonso hummed in affirmation and he lowered his arms again, patiently holding them still as the tailor compared different colors of blue thread and started the basic stitching.

With his red suit in hands, Joshua stood by, silently watching.

 

“Hey, you want me to drop you off at your place this weekend?”

Jeonghan suddenly asked Joshua.

 

“My sister is coming to pick me up, but we can drop you off on the way?”

 

Joshua smiled, shaking his head. “Nah, thanks, I'm good. There are friends for America coming over so I'll be leaving Friday instead of Saturday. I'll introduce you to them at the dinnerparty? “


Jeonghan smiled serenely. “Sounds good.”

---

Lee Jihoon Woozi
Hong Jisoo Joshua