final

Resurrection

Sickly sound of blade piercing into flesh echoed through the dark valley. His eyes wide in fear. Pain and death were dancing around in those brown orbs. When the knife impaled in between his ribs, reaching the still beating heart, he knew right then that this night would be the last night he would ever watch the stars for this would be the last day he will be breathing.

   It was painful. But then again, death was supposed to be painful. Mir could only weakly moan when he felt the blade deep inside him twisted and the shadow looming over him chuckled in mad fun seeing him suffer. What had he done to this stranger that this stranger was so happy seeing him suffered this way? He swore he never seen this guy before. Or was Mir just an unfortunate guy who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, chosen as a victim to a heartless soul that sickly love seeing blood flooding the earth, painting it red. Maybe he was really out of luck.

    "MIR! NO!"

    Mir's already half lidded eyes casted towards the sound of that familiar voice, watching just in time as Seungho, his strong dependable leader lunged towards the stranger bringing both of them to the side of the dark alley, away from Mir.

    Mir couldn't see more of what happened after as he let his eyes closed fully and lied he head down on the hard ground, iron smell of his own blood filling the air. His trembling fingers touching ever so slightly over the area around where the blade handle still protruding out, each breath he took in was painful. His whole body quivered and felt ice cold despite the searing burning pain on his chest.

    "Oh god... Mir. No..." Mir felt a pair of gentle hand maneuvered his head and the hard ground under his head was gone replaced by Seungho's lap. "Hello! I need an ambulan! My dongsaeng got stabbed! Yes! One person! Don't ing ask me to calm down! My dongsaeng got stabbed! Send help. Now!" Mir heard sound of y growl and when he opened his eyes with remaining strength he had, he saw Seungho raising his hand, ready to throw away the phone in rage but halted at Mir's weakened voice.

    "Hyung."

    Seungho snapped his head down, looming even closer to Mir's face with wide wary eyes. The leader seemed lost. Seemed so... Frightened, a sight Mir never had chance to behold before. It made Mir smiled even the slightest thinking Seungho was scared for him. Feeling for the first time to have someone so scared in his stead. Feeling appreciated. Feeling needed. Feeling loved.

    "Mireu-ya." Seungho called back, right arm rounding Mir's back to maneuver the maknae onto his laps, pausing a few times as Mir winced and hissed in pain, doing his best to keep his moves gentle for he didn't want any more pain imposed on the injured maknae. When Mir's smaller frame was safely lying in his embrace, Seungho's free hand flattened on the area where the knife was still buried, warm blood still oozed around the glistening blade, making the older's heart trembled in his chest and soon plummeted into his stomach. Too much blood. Too much... "Mireu... Hey... Hey, maknae..." He called quietly when he saw Mir's eyes closing slowly, and smiled ever so slightly when Mir's wide beautiful eyes were opened again at his calling, peering up at Seungho with innocence maknae's seemed to always possessed that could rival a child, innocence that Seungho always trying to protect.

    "Hyung... It's cold..." Mir said, coughing a little.

    Seungho shifted slightly and his arms rounded around Mir a little tighter, as he rubbed on the maknae's arm hoping it would gave warmth the maknae needed.

    It hurt him so much to see the usually bouncy happy boy looking so frail and small in his embrace. Pain that he never felt and would have never even thought would exist was stabbing deep into his chest, rendering him almost breathless as if it was him who got a sharp blade plunged in him.

    Mir gave out a soft smile, skin paling and getting cold at fast pace. With a groan, he managed to lift his hand until his pad of fingers touched Seungho's cheek which Seungho immediately covered with his own hand, ignoring how his cheek was by now smeared with Mir's blood. "Don't cry."

    Seungho frowned. Cry? That was when he realized that he was indeed crying. Fat droplets of tears seemed endlessly dropping out of his eyes, plopping quietly unto Mir's face as he hung his head lower, releasing sobs that were stuck in his throat before.

    "Am I going to die, hyung?" Mir asked quietly, managed to have Seungho to lift his head again and to lock eyes with him.

    "No! You're going to live. You're going to survive this and live for a long time." Seungho tried to convince the maknae though his pupils obviously shaky. Maybe he, himself, didn't believe in his own words.

    Mir let out a tired chuckle, humming and closing his eyes. "Hold me closer hyung." Seungho obeyed, endlessly praying to whatever power that might have existed above to save the younger, to let the younger stay by his side for a long time.

    When Mir was being a bit too quiet, Seungho called the younger's name again. However, this time, those lovely brown orbs kept hiding behind the closed lids, making Seungho's heart beat painfully hard against his ribs. "Bang Cheolyong!" He shouted, voice echoing through the quiet alley.

    Mir's eyes popped open, and Seungho sighed in relief. He was still here with him. Seungho still didn't lose the younger.

    "Yea, hyung?" Mir answered innocently despite his lids drooping more as seconds past. He was too tired. His whole body feel weak that even keeping his eyes opened was becoming hard to him. He was losing strength to keep fighting against death.

    "Stay awake Mir!" Seungho pleaded.

    "I'm tired, hyung." Mir whispered, head almost falling limp to the side when Seungho's hand cupped his cheek, thumb ghosting over flesh just under his hooded eyes.

    "Just stay awake for a little more. Okay?"

    "But I'm so sleepy."

    "I know. Just listen to me on this. Please. Eoh?"

    Mir blinked slowly and Seungho become anxious that Mir might lose his consciousness in matter of second. That a bit too long of blink was the end for the maknae. "Hey. I want to see these huge eyes open, hear me? What should I do to keep you awake? Just tell me, I'll do it." He desperately pleaded, hands slightly shaking Mir's weak cold body.

    Mir's lips slightly tugged into a smile. "Sing for me."

    If it was any other day in any other situation, Seungho would have questioned the sudden request and would have strongly rejected. Despite him having beautiful voice as the lead vocal of MBLAQ, he never sing especially for only one person, his group members in particular. His fiery attitude drove him away from such way of showing affection. But today, he would granted every wish of Mir no matter how ridiculous they were just to have Mir stay awake until help arrive.

    "What song?"

    "The one you sing in your movie." Mir requested.

    Seungho nodded, shifting Mir to sit up slightly before his melodious voice billowed through the air around him. Slightly shaky than normal but still beautiful. His eyes were trained on Mir for the whole song and he was grateful Mir kept trying to stay awake. He saw the fight Mir was putting forth. Mir was a fighter. A strong one.

    "It's nice." Mir said few seconds after Seungho finished. "I'm going to miss you." He coughed again, this time blood splurted out his mouth, coloring his pale lips.

    "Shh... Don't talk." Seungho Mir's silky locks, feeling his warm tears streaming down his own cheeks mercilessly at the sight. He could clearly see how Mir, despite being secured in his embrace, the younger actually was slipping away through his fingers and he painfully realized there was no way he could hold back the leaving maknae no matter how desperately he tried to reach the younger, to hold him in place, by his side.

    "I'm sorry hyung."

    "For what?"

    "For everything. For not being able to protect MBLAQ. For being... Such a bad dongsaeng. I wish I could have done more for you and Byunghee hyung. But I guess there's no use now."

    "Don't say that." Seungho bent over the younger and tenderly pressed his lips on Mir's forehead, crying even more as his lips touched the cold skin. How he wished he was greeted by Mir's lively warmth instead. "You're the best dongsaeng I could ever wish for."

    "You're too kind hyung. I don't... Never... Never were... I jus wish... At least..." Mir's voice getting weaker and smaller, his sentences were scattered, slowly trailing off until he was completely silent. And when the maknae kept quiet, Seungho pulled away slightly, alarm blaring in his mind seeing Mir was now limp in his hold, eyes closed, chest wasn't moving anymore.

    "Mir... BANG CHEOLYONG! WAKE UP!" Seungho lost it, shaking Mir's shoulder, ignoring the help that finally arrived, ignoring the paramedics trying to take Mir into the ambulan as he kept on shouting the maknae's name, shaking the boy's cold body.

    He cried, he wailed, he shouted.

    However, as Mir was torn away from him, everything seemed to freeze. He had managed to grab Mir's hand before Mir was completely taken away from him. That was when he felt that. He felt Mir's hand slightly moving, loosely squeezing his own hand for the last time. And that gave him hope.

      It didn't matter if people was going to say it was just his own imagination. Mir was gone. His breathing stopped. His heart stopped. It was impossible for the maknae to even have strength to even move a finger but Mir did. Seungho believed that. His faith was stronger than ever.

    Mir heard his desperate cries. His pleas...

    He was still going to believe in what Mir had left him with. Hope. And silent promise only him and Mir would understand.

    Mir was going to survive this.

    He must!

     He will....

 

 

 

What else can I say. I just can't kill our cute adorable puppy even if it's just a fic *blink innocently*