Final

Keep me (inside the pocket of your ripped jeans)

It has been a long day for Seunghyun. Chasing crooks here and there, following up leads to solve cases and dealing with rather nosy peers that act as if they have nothing else to do but stick their noses in Seunghyun’s business.

Seunghyun is actually one of the best inspectors in the Homicide Division of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Everyone adores him because not only that he is good looking and often dubbed as Adonis, (he also has a body like Adonis) he has a good heart and great at what he does, serving his people and assuring everyone can sleep safe and sound at night. Hence the spreading distaste by his envious peers is inevitable, especially with a promotion just around the corner which Seunghyunignores for the time being. He doesn’t want to assume or claim anything unless the chief confirms it.

He can feel his legs starting to get sore, he chased the primary suspect of a homicide two nights ago through the busy streets of Jung District, somewhere along Chungmuro to be precise, and 17 flights of stairs of Kukdong building. He was panting heavily by the time he tackled the suspect but the adrenaline kept him going. The hard work did not end there for when they returned to the station, a pile of paper work hindered him from having at least 5 minute break.

The living room is dark and empty when he enters their house. He immediately worries. He locks the door behind him and turns on the light.

“Ji! Are you home?” Seunghyun calls out; his mind already making up awful scenarios that involved his boyfriend.

When he doesn’t get any answer, he starts to worry. It’s very unlikely for Jiyong to not welcome him home. If there is one person who is always excited to see him everyday after work, it is Jiyong. Normally he would be clinging onto Seunghyun and gushing over him, asking how his day went and cutting him midsentence because something very exciting happened in my class today Hyunnie! and Seunghyun would find himself grinning from ear to ear as he listens to Jiyong talk about his preschool students. But that never happens.

Without wasting anytime, he begins sprinting through the house. Bustling through every door whilst calling out Jiyong’s name, his heart races as each passing second that he doesn’t see nor hear from his boyfriend. He isn’t in their bedroom or even in other rooms upstairs so he rushes downstairs to recheck every corner and when he reaches the kitchen, he hears faint sniffling sounds coming from under the dining table. He stops in his tracks and tentatively checks.

Seunghyun doesn’t know if he should feel relieved that Jiyong is here or be even more worried because Jiyong is crying. Kwon Jiyong, a walking sunshine and positivity is crying under the dining table. He crawls his way and sits next to the crying man. There are used tissue papers scattered all over the floor but Seunghyun doesn’t really care about the mess.

“Jiyong? Hey sweetie? Why are you crying? Did something happen? What’s wrong?” He asks, his voice soft as he reaches for the younger man. He watches as Jiyong slowly lifts his head to look at him. There are tears streaming down his face, his eyes all puffy and nose red from blowing too much. He has never seen Jiyong this upset before, maybe once when Seunghyun’s dog died but that was years ago. Jiyong cries over sad films, yes, but not like this – as if something extremely devastating happened and he is slowly being wrecked apart. When Seunghyun reaches to wipe the tears on Jiyong’s cheeks, the younger lets out a loud sob and throws himself in Seunghyun’s arms, burying his face against the other’s strong chest. “H-hyunnie..”

Seunghyun feels something breaks inside him, he hates seeing Jiyong cry. Jiyong’s tears are his kryptonite and no matter how many miles and flights of stairs he runs, bullets he dodges and fires, and a lot of danger he subjects himself into, he will always be weak when it comes to Jiyong’s tears.

Jiyong chokes out his name again so he tries to wipe the crying man’s tears and ignores how there is no longer a dry spot on his shirt. He is beginning to panic because the more he cradles Jiyong, the more he breaks and Seunghyun needs him to stop crying or else he would buy plants the next day and leave them out under the sun until they wither away. He knows Jiyong will not forgive him for it but he is enraged – whomever or whatever made his adorable cuddle pumpkin muffin cry doesn’t deserve to exist anymore. Or maybe he is just exaggerating… he swore to never betray his badge, his integrity, his character or the public trust, after all.

“Jiyong, sugar plum, please tell me what’s wrong. I’m very worried right now and I need to know what happened so I can help you.” Seunghyun is starting to sound desperate. He has his fingers busily Jiyong sensitive spots that he is sure will help soothe his crying boyfriend.

“H-Hyunnie… my.. my.. s-students.. they- they wrote me letters.. f-for teacher’s day..” Jiyong’s bottom lip quivers as he speaks “they trust me s-so much.. H-hyunnie.. they lo-love me..”

Seunghyun is momentarily left flabbergasted at his boyfriend’s words but pleased that nothing terrible happened and he doesn’t have to buy plants anymore. He takes a deep breath and tightens his arms around Jiyong’s shaking frame. “Sshh. Don’t cry.”

Jiyong looks up at him, there is a glint in his eyes but tears keep spilling down his face. He wipes his nose with the collar or Seunghyun’s denim jacket. “What if.. what if I am not good enough? What if I lack so much and can’t teach them what they need to know? They deserve better Hyunnie but they still t-trust and love me a lot.”

Seunghyun’s mouth falls open. This is the first time he hears Jiyong doubting his abilities and it hurts him a lot because Jiyong is one of the most wonderful, genuine and down to earth people he knows. “Come here you amazing, funny, quirky yet utterly charming and kind-hearted teacher.” He presses a gentle peck on the younger man’s head. “Don’t you ever question your own capabilities okay? I have never met someone as great as you are. You manage to stay energetic and enthusiastic from the moment you wake up until you go to bed, you have your bright and lovely smile on your face all throughout the day so your students will be more motivated to learn, you stay up late making your lesson plan and cutting out materials and visual aids for more effective teaching, you take good care of your students as if they are your own children. Jiyong, if I could award you as the best teacher in this Universe and have people make thousands of sculptures of you so every school in this country can have you displayed and tell them that this man, Mr. Kwon Jiyong, is every teacher’s role model, I would in an instant because you deserve it all and so much more.”

When Seunghyun looks down at the man in his arms, he feels his heart racing because Jiyong is staring up at him like he has done something so patriotic, like he is a reward a child receives when he did something good, Jiyong is staring up at him like he is the sun – the center of Jiyong’s universe and Seunghyun is unsure if he deserves that because if anyone in that room deserves to be looked at that way, it is Jiyong. Jiyong is the sun, the star, and a lot more.

He continues wiping the tear stains on Jiyong’s soft cheeks, a smile spreading on his lips as he does. Jiyong curls his hands against the fabric of Seunghyun’s shirt and lightly tugs on it.

“Thank you, Hyunnie.” Jiyong whispers. Seunghyun’s smile grows bigger. He convinces Jiyong to move from under the dining table to their bed and the younger easily agrees. He carries the smaller man as carefully as he can, earning small protests about how he can walk on his own but Seunghyun is not listening to him. He also makes him drink a glass of water to stay hydrated. After breaking down that much, Seunghyun thinks Jiyong deserves to be pampered.

He tucks Jiyong in bed and caresses the younger’s face before he announces that he needs to take a shower and that it isn’t right if Jiyong sleeps next to a sweaty smelling man. Jiyong laughs at this and tells Seunghyun to be quick. It is not really a request, but a demand.  And Seunghyun is too whipped to do otherwise so he showers as fast as he can, putting on some warm clothes before slipping under the covers with Jiyong.

“You’re so warm, Hyunnie.” Jiyong hums. He attaches himself on Seunghyun, limbs automatically wrapping around his broader boyfriend.

“Am I really?” Seunghyun smiles as he pulls Jiyong closer against him.

“Mhm.” It is so comfortable to stay like this. Jiyong can already feel exhaustion taking over. “You promised me a walk in Yeouido park tomorrow after your shift. You pinky swore we will take photos in the cherry blossom tunnel.”

“Of course, baby. When did I ever break a promise?” One of the things Seunghyun can brag about himself is that he never breaks a promise, especially when it comes to Jiyong. No matter how hectic his schedule is or how tired he is, if he said he would be there or do this, he definitely will. And as a matter of fact, Jiyong loves him for this reason and more.

“Alright.” Jiyong wiggles closer until he is comfortably snuggled against Seunghyun but soon he is slowly pulling away and shifting so he is above the older man. Seunghyun looks at him with a confused expression and raises his eyebrow. Jiyong just smiles and shakes his head, dipping his head to slot his mouth with Seunghyun’s.

The kiss is slow and gentle like most of their kisses, Seunghyun can feel Jiyong smiling against his lips so he presses closer until the younger’s scent and taste assail his senses. There is this unadulterated warmth followed by sparks surging violently through his veins. Everything is just so pure and profound like they are kissing for the very first time.

Jiyong is the first one to pull away, his eyelids are heavy and beginning to droop. A yawn forces out of his small lips and Seunghyun is this love struck idiot who is wholly and irrevocably in love with every little thing Jiyong does.

When Jiyong slides down to settle himself back to his previous position, Seunghyun heart swells with pride knowing that Jiyong is his the same way he owns Seunghyun. He gathers him back in his arms and tightens his hold to remind the younger that he is there to keep him safe no matter what. Not that he needs a reminder or something..

“Good night Hyunnie bear. I love you.” It comes out almost as inaudible from Jiyong. His eyes fluttering close as he makes faint noises, an indication that he is seconds away from slumber.

“Sleep well Jiyongie. I love you.”

 


notes: 

written outside the compilation etc because i love this au and there might be more 

let me know what you think! prompts for this au is also accepted. thank you. 

btw this is written for everyone who subscribed and commented to my other fics. i love you bubs :*