Your Heart (Jihan)

Story Collection {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

This is a little sequel/prequel thing to My Heart (the chapter before) and if you've read it then you should know the warning to this chapter...


*Beep... beep...*

And so the rhythm went on and on, making him soon realize that he ended up in the hospital yet again. Sighing, he forces himself to sit up even though he felt extremely fatigued.

Jisoo was honestly quite frustrated.

Forcing a tired sigh out of him, he messes with his hair, the tubes following his arm in a tangled mess.

This was not how he planned his life. It was simply meant to be spending his life into learning about surgery at medical school and soon performing it in hospitals. He wanted to save other people, not be the one who is saved. This is the 28th time this year he's woken up in a hospital setting.

He feels even more fatigued than before after using his little bit of energy to mess with his hair.

*Knock knock*

"C...Come... in..." his voice comes out weakly, expecting to see the usual cardiothoracic surgeon that works here but was greeted with the sight of long black hair. If he had more energy, his eyes would've widened at the sight of the new surgeon.

"Um- hello, I'm Yoon Jeonghan, the new cardiothoracic surgeon," he awkwardly bows, "Er- your usual surgeon, Dr. Choi, suggested that I come and become your surgeon... something along the lines of both being new to this and being th same age..."

"O-Oh..." Jisoo inwardly curses his weak, whisper-like voice, "I'm... Hong Jisoo..."

"Sooo do you want the good news or bad news first?" Jeonghan begins, look at his paper on his clipboard.

"Do-esn't... matter..." he sighs slightly, knowing fully well that his family's history of various heart problems were no joke- afterall- that was what made him want to be a cardiothoracic surgeon in the first place.

"Bad news is that your coromary heart disease has grown severe to the point that you need to stay and constantly be checked on at the hospital now."

Great, just my luck... he decides to save his energy and mentally sighs. He asks, "What's the good news?"

"I'm an angel...?" Jeonghan awkwardly says, making Jisoo look at him oddly, "Well... more like I'm born on October 4th..."

There was an awkward moment of silence before Jisoo manages to let out a weak laugh, "That was... so poorly executed..."

"Hey, it was embarrassing, okay?" the surgeon pouts, looking very cute to Jisoo, before saying, "I''m gonna go check on my other patients now, I'll be back in a couple minutes..." and leaving the room.

Somewhere, within Jisoo's head, he knew that he was screwed and that Dr. Choi might have made the biggest mistake possible in letting Jeonghan be his new possible-surgeon.


"Just get some exercise in. It should help your groggy state more, plus I need some time to go discuss the details with the pharmacy. I'll see you in a bit," Jeonghan smiled, patting Jisoo on the back.

"Okay, that's fine," Jisoo smiles back, watching as the long-haired boy goes walking down the hallway to his right. After nearly spending a year at the hospital, he easily came to accept the fact that he fell for Jeonghan.

Although the fact was easy, he couldn't exactly allow himself to indulge in confessing. No, he knew very well that a relationship with his slowly deteriorating health is not a very good relationship. He's thought about a confession before, just not in this situation.

The last thing he would want to happen to Jeonghan is to see his crying face if he ever died.

That would be terrible. He never would be able to live it down knowing the fact that his sunshine was crying.

Jisoo cringed a bit at his extremely cheesy thoughts, even though it was the truth, before bumping into someone's back and nearly doing a double-take at the sight of the towering figure.

"Hm? Are you new here? Also you should be more carefully around here because there's a boy with hemophilia in this hospital," the tall figure turns around, looking down at Jisoo.

"Oh- uh- no... I-I've been here for about a year now," Jisoo holds up his hands, "Er- I'm Dr. Yoon's possible-future patient... um- Hong Jisoo..." addressing Jeonghan formally was odd at this point of time.

"That makes a lot more sense," he smiles, "I'm Kim Mingyu, a pediatric surg- wait a minute." All of a sudden his eyes narrow, making Jisoo feel smaller than he already was in comparison to Mingyu, "Hong Jisoo... you're the patient Jeonghan keeps talking about!"

"I am?" he was slightly taken aback but nonetheless happy knowing that Jeonghan did see him as something more than a patient.

"Yeah! He keeps talking about you whenever he hangs out with me, it's really unfair, you know," Mingyu pouts.

"Really?" Jisoo feels twice as happy on the inside now, barely able to restrict himself from smiling, but he wouldn't lie that he almost laughed when Mingyu became twice as childish through pouting more.

"You're annoying," Mingyu huffs.

"Do you like Jeonghan too?" Jisoo asked curiously. He knew by the time Mingyu was blushing and stuttering on his words. He smiles, "You should make a move, you know."

"I-I know! I'm working on it..." Mingyu mumbles.

After putting more thought to it and taking an accidental peek at Jeonghan's notes, Jisoo carefully words his next sentence, "I think... you have a better chance..." Mingyu stops blushing and looks over to Jisoo, confusion apparent on his face.

"... I think I should head back," Jisoo forces a smile, noticing that Jeonghan was walking back to his room but stopped to have small talk with a nearby nurse. He waves, "If you need me, I'll be in Room 304."

Jisoo doesn't wait and starts walking back to his room, remembering certain words that was heavily underlined in Jeonghan's notes.

Heart failure ---> discuss with Hong family about surgery


The door clicks open and Jisoo puts down his book, expecting to see Jeonghan but saw Mingyu instead. He lets out a chuckle, before letting out a small cough, "Well isn't this... a rare sight... to not see you with flowers stuck in... your hair." He tried his best to joke but breathing had become significantly harder lately.

Mingyu closes the door softly before walking over slowly, kneeling down to his bed, "'Cause I gave him coffee this time. Anyways, I heard from a nurse who works on this lobby that you're going to get surgery soon... since that's the only option left in helping you live longer..."

"Yeah... Jeonghan's going to... actually do his job..." Jisoo smiles weakly, "Hey... can you make a promise with me... for if I die-"

"You're not gonna die during surgery you idiot!" Mingyu protests but fails to keep his sadness hidden.

"If I die, Mingyu-yah... and that's a high chance because I know that... there's been a lot of transferred clients who need that blood supply as much... as I do..." he feels slightly dizzy from over-exerting his body to talk so much but continues anyway, "I know that you have the ability... to make him happy... so please... don't let him cry by himself if he fails my surgery..."

"... I don't know if I should hate you for being too kind or continue liking you as a friend.... jeez is jealousy dumb..." Mingyu mutters under his breath.

A moment of silence happens before Mingyu says, "Of course I promise."


And the day came.

Nervously waiting on the operating table, waiting for Jeonghan and other nurses on doctors set up.

"Jeonghan...?"

The surgeon turns around, pulling his surgical mask down to show his mouth, "Yeah, Jisoo?"

Jisoo thought that what he would say next may or may not be unfair for Mingyu, so, knowing that it was unfair, he decides his next sentence to keep it fair.

"When this surgery is over... I want to tell you something..."