All I Ask

All I Ask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I will leave my heart at the door 

I won't say a word,  they've all been said before you know 

So, why don't we just play pretend like we're not scared of what is coming next or scared of having nothing left

All bags are packed and set in the corner. Hyukjae is letting out a heavy breath. He's taking a look at the mirror. He looks different, no raven hair appears. No high-fashioned apparels. As simple as any men who will serve their country. 

Donghae looks more like a grey lump. Tears' stain is easily noticed on his sweatshirt. The day is coming. Hyukjae going to army is never on their list. Donghae dreamed they can live their life far away from Korea. In Britain, for example. Both of them don't need to go to army if they live abroad. They won't. Donghae won't let it happen. But his lover is keen to serve the country. Hyukjae is one of choosen scientist also engineer in Korea. His expertise in automotive especially warmachine is needed. After all, they need money for living. Yes, hyukjae wants to move to other side of the world too. He shares same dream with donghae. They will build a happy family there. But living in Britain will cost them hugely, furthermore they wish to adopt a child or two. And hyukjae knows donghae will put all his heart to their kids and will have no time for a job. Besides, hyukjae won't let him work.

Being enlisted for 2 years will give them more than enough account. Department of National Defense proposed huge amount. This is their chance. But donghae doesn't want to understand. He thought it is one of hyukjae's trick to leave him. He thought hyukjae is tired of him because he never stop talking about moving to Britain. And hyukjae's response were all remain silent. Until the day, donghae was gone mad then hyuk said he will go to army. It was the day the two will never forget. Donghae ended their relationship. 

Hyukjae tried to explain it, but his lover was too stuborn. Donghae wailed how can he survive two years without hyukjae. Donghae was too attached to hyukjae, he relied his life to hyukjae. And hyukjae 100% realized the fact. The older said something about donghae staying with leeteuk, hyukjae's cousin. But the younger did not approve. So here they are, hyukjae will be leaving tomorrow and enlisting for two years. 

H: Leeteuk will pick me up tomorrow. You will accompany me, right?

D: I'm okay staying here.

H: Hae, you know I can always back to our home after I finished...

D: I don't want you to back. I believe they need you more after 2 years. You're a great asset to the country. It will be good for your career. Rather than working at basement lab and stuck in this house. With me.

H: Why you have to be so stubborn, hae? I know you don't want it. Why you put misery to our life? It's not supposed how we are. It's just 2 years, for God's sake, donghae. After that, we can move to Britain. That's what you dream of, right? Tell me you still want it?

D: I'm putting that behind. That dream is gone. Anyway, I think I need to shop for dinner. We're done talking, okay?

Hyukjae shook his head. This is the most difficult phase in his lovelife ever. He doesn't want to break up with donghae. Going to army will not change his heart. They only appart physically. But Hyukjae will have holidays too and he can visit donghae during it. Again, all donghae understand is hyukjae will leave him for two years and never come back. He believe hyukjae will find someone kinder, sweeter, and prettier than him in army pack. And he's going to be okay without hyukjae. He needs to be okay.

 

Look, don't get me wrong.

I know there's no tomorrow.

All I ask is...

Donghae put all the shopping bags in table. He starts to sort ingredients he needs to make dinner. He will cook special menu, hyukjae's favourite. Japanese food. Curry udon, chicken katsu, and ebi furai. All memories from their trip to Japan flashing. Donghae never forget how happy they were when they out from their country. Free like a bird. Lovebirds. Kissing under sakura blooms, shopping till drop in Shibuya, late night hiking in Sapporo, until getting drunk and falling asleep in front of gay bar.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter