LIKE A DAYDREAM

D-DAY

 

Jinyoung waited for this very special day to attend his favorite band’s concert, DAY6. He got free tickets from his friend Jaebum and even asked for one day off at the café he’s working at. It might sound boring to go alone without any company but Jinyoung thought he can enjoy by himself to the beat of their instruments and golden voices. Jinyoung really likes their songs and even played it nonstop on his phone as he fall asleep at night. He thought DAY6 songs has something on their music in which it makes you connected and hooked with their lyrics.

Jinyoung lined up feeling really excited; wearing his eyeglasses, ed checkered polo with with white tee inside, jean shorts and his favorite vans. Everyone can guess that he looks like a typical fanboy. When he stepped inside the venue, he could feel his growing excitement from the atmosphere. He’s finally going to see them and watch them perform live. Excitement and happiness were evident on his face as he looked around in amazement. Spotlights made his eyes sparkle and the chilly vibe gave him goose bumps. Jinyoung stood up near the stage; it’s good that he lined up early that he managed to get a nice spot.

The lights turned off as fangirls started to scream and cheer for DAY6. Jinyoung clapped his hands and roared with them. Soon, the spotlight spotted the drum which started beating to the tune of Congratulations. And when the vocalist started singing the first part, Jinyoung left his jaw unknowingly opened. Their live performance sounds even better than the studio version. The feelings and emotions were clearly expressed to the audience that every beat of the instruments will make you feel lost in the moment.

“Amazing.” Jinyoung said in awe.

 

After the first song, Jinyoung clapped and screamed together along with the audience because it was an amazing performance. It’s just the first song yet it was already extremely beautiful. Next song was Freely; it’s an upbeat song so the audience made loud noises as they jive together with the beat. Jinyoung jumped nonstop when it hit the chorus part and even shouted “EVERY BODY DANCE”. Jinyoung looked around and noticed a guy standing beside him, quietly watching and listening at the band. Jinyoung felt quite happy seeing a fanboy together with him since everyone else were fangirls, even though the guy looked someone who’s not as hyper as him, Jinyoung wanted to talk to him.

“THEY’RE SO AMAZING RIGHT?!” Jinyoung said cheerfully while clapping his hands to join the beat but it looks like the guy didn’t hear him so Jinyoung stepped closer and blocked the guy’s view with his face. The guy was quite shocked with Jinyoung’s presence, not expecting that a random face would suddenly appear from his sight.

“I SAID THEY’RE SO AMAZING!!!” Jinyoung said in a louder voice, hopefully good enough to be heard. The guy probably heard him but he was still lost and shocked from Jinyoung’s presence. They don’t even know each other right?  The guy just nodded. Jinyoung smiled from the response he got.

Jinyoung continued putting his hand in the air following the beat. If he only got some light stick, it would’ve been better. During the break, they played something on the screen. Jinyoung bobbed his head and danced to the rhythm. He looked to his left side again, since he was so excited and couldn’t control his emotions he decided to talk to the guy again.

“ARE YOU ALONE?!” He asked again. The guy widened his eyes and tried to hear Jinyoung out because it’s quite loud due to fangirls’ screams. Since the guy didn’t hear him, Jinyoung had to step closer and whisper directly to the guy’s ears.

“I said are you alone!!?” Jinyoung quickly parted after asking.

“Ah. Y-yeah.”  Their eyes met and the guy awkwardly nodded, trying not to create longer eye contacts.If it's not dark, Jinyoung would probably notice the guy's forming red cheeks.

Jinyoung smiled because he found the guy really cute and adorable. He stretched out a hand and introduced his name.

“I’M ALSO ALONE. MY NAME IS PARK JINYOUNG!!!!!” Jinyoung yelled. The guy looked down and slowly approached Jinyoung’s hand.

“Mark.” The guy responded but Jinyoung could barely hear him so Jinyoung showed a face with ‘What’ expression.  The guy his lips and tried to lean closer. “MARK”

Jinyoung beamed a smile showing his whiskers upon hearing it clearly, Mark’s effort in speaking louder than his usual voice was just so adorable. Not to mention Mark's warm hand that touched his cold palm.

“MARK!! IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU!!” Jinyoung responded. Mark just nodded.

The next song was one of Jinyoung’s favorite, Letting Go.  Jinyoung was left speechless once again. Their voices sent chills all over his body. Everything was beyond amazing.

“WOW! WHAT WAS THAT! THAT WAS SO GOOD RIGHT?! THEY’RE SO GOOD IN LIVE! CAN YOU BELIEVE I’M HAVING CHILLS ALL OVER MY ARM FOR THE WHOLE TIME? I SWEAR IT WAS THE BEST PERFORMANCE I’VE EVER SEEN” Jinyoung couldn’t control his amazement. He literally grabbed Mark’s arm to pull him closer and talked to him after the song. Mark awkwardly smiled and nodded at Jinyoung.

“R-right. It was amazing.” Mark responded in a not so loud voice but good enough to be heard by Jinyoung.

“CAN YOU FEEL THE BEAT RUNNING THROUGH YOUR VEINS? EVERY BEAT OF THE DRUM GAVE ME GOOSE BUMPS. I SWEAR I CAN’T MOVE ON.” Jinyoung continued to rant like someone who can’t contain his feels.

Mark just nodded. Not really sure how to react. Actually he agrees with Jinyoung but just couldn’t express his amazement.  Jinyoung realized that Mark doesn’t seem to be as excited as him so he laughed to himself and thought that he’s probably annoying Mark.

“Oh~ I’m so sorry I was kind of excited! I’m just alone and we’re the only guys in the area so I decided to talk to you! It’s rare to see fanboys in the sea of fangirls.” Jinyoung calmed down a bit and lowered his voice.

“Ah. Y-yeah. Well it’s nice to meet guys here.” Mark casually replied with no emotions at all. He can really pull off an awkward vibe anywhere, anytime.

Jinyoung feel a little bit embarrassed from being so excited, he was thinking that he probably annoyed Mark a while ago since he was quite clingy and noisy. Jinyoung pursed his smile and decided to keep it calm.

DAY6 started to play some cover songs like ‘OFFICIALLY MISSING YOU, ALL OF ME’ and others.

“I really like this song.” Jinyoung said once again to Mark when All of Me started playing. He can’t refrain himself from not talking so he just decided to keep calm. Trying not to freak out Mark.

“It’s nice.”

“Do you like it too?”

“I like Officially Missing You more.”

Jinyoung almost laughed hearing Mark’s response. Did he say he likes Officially Missing You more? Jinyoung thought it’s quite a girly song… but who cares everyone has their own choice for music.

When they played Baby, the atmosphere became light and quite romantic. Jinyoung would just follow the beat with his body. He unknowingly looked at Mark and noticed that he was taller than him. He looks like a pretty adorable cute guy with his angelic features. How can he just notice this? The whole song was like a moment of full appreciation from Mark's face. Jinyoung likes how spotlight danced and made Mark's face shine. He loved how Mark casually his lips and bobbed his head while listening to the song. He's perfect. 

She will be loved was played and Jinyoung failed to realize that he was unknowingly staring at Mark for so long, he only got back to his senses when Mark looked at him in the eye which sent chills all over his body.. Jinyoung instantly looked away and cleared his throat. He bit his lips and wanted to slap himself. That was so embarrassing. To regain his pride from the sudden embarrassment, he decided to talk to him..

“Why are you alone?” Jinyoung casually asked.

“I was actually just invited.”

“By whom? Why didn’t she or he come with you?”

“It’s actually a ‘he’.”

Jinyoung formed an ‘O’ shaped mouth. Is he possibly? No. Jinyoung, not everyone who goes out with a guy is considered to be a part of their club.

“Do you know YoungK? He’s my friend.”

“W-WHAT? THIS YOUNGK?! HE’S YOUR FRIEND?!” Jinyoung exclaimed while pointing at the stage, specifically at YoungK.

“Yeah.” Mark slightly chuckled.

“LIKE WOAH~ REALLY? YOU’RE FRIENDS WITH A MEMBER OF A BOY BAND…THAT’S COOL”

“Well. I guess I’m lucky? I’m not actually a fan. I just checked them out tonight and they’re absolutely good.”

“Seriously you’re lucky! Well. I also know someone from them but I don’t know if he can still remember me. We quite know each other during college. We took music together. He’s Wonpil.” 

“Well.. Um..Would you like to meet them at backstage?”

“Sure… WAIT WHAT?” Jinyoung's eyes went wide.

“If you just want…”

“OF C-COURSE! YEAH! SURE! I WANT. Oh My God! A-are you serious?” Jinyoung stuttered in his excitement. Mark smirked from his cuteness.

 Happy started playing and Jinyoung continued grooving to the beat while clapping his hands. Mark chuckled while looking at the hyper Jinyoung. Mark would admit that Jinyoung is such a cutie since awhile ago. He can carry out a conversation with him even though he just pulled an ultimate awkward vibe awhile ago. The way Jinyoung, grooved his hips and booty while clapping his hands makes Mark giggle~ 

After the concert, Jinyoung followed Mark inside the backstage feeling his heart beating really fast and his hands were really cold.

“Mark!! What’s up bro!! I’m happy you came!” YoungK came out of the room and high fived Mark. Jinyoung just stood behind Mark. When YoungK saw Jinyoung hiding behind Mark, he quickly pointed out Jinyoung from his lips and asked Mark.

“Ah! This is Jinyoung! He’s looking for Wonpil! I think they pretty knew each other before.”

“Hello! I’m Park Jinyoung! Nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you too Jinyoung-ssi! Thank you for coming tonight! Wonpil is inside… you can look for him there~” YoungK tapped Jinyoung’s shoulders. Jinyoung bowed 90 degrees and thanked YoungK nonstop.

When Jinyoung disappeared, YoungK gave Mark a weird smirk.

“W-what?” Mark defended.

“He’s cute.”

“I know. He was jumping and screaming like a kid a while ago.”

“So ... you’re using my band as an advantage? Acting cool for your first date?” YoungK chuckled.

“What? I just met him tonight.”

“Yeah. A perfect date. You actually looked good together.” YoungK tapped Mark’s arms and gave him a smirk.

 

After the concert, they both headed outside the venue. Jinyoung looks so happy for meeting DAY6 personally thanks to Mark.

“Wonpil said he saw us at the audience and recognized me!! They even gave me signatures because I’m Wonpil’s friend, seriously they’re so nice.”

“Good to see that you enjoyed.”

“YEAH I DID! Thank you so much Mark! I’m happy we met like this. This is like a day dream to me!!” Jinyoung smiled while facing Mark. They stared at each other's eyes for a moment. Jinyoung's cheeks blushed when he realized that they are staring at each other for so long without a reason. Mark's face is just too irressistible... 

"I'm really thankful Mark! Thank you for this day! I enjoyed your company!" Jinyoung looked down, trying to hide the forming red cheeks on his face.

“So what are your plans for tonight?”

“Hm?”

“Want to grab some dinner?”

 

Jinyoung blushed not really expecting what he heard. “Sure” From an unexpected place, time and person. He heard something nice which sounds like a dream to him.

 

/