Meet the Employees

What If... My Answer is Beautiful

A/N: Thank you for everyone who commented and subscribed to this story/drabble!!! 

This was supposed to be a drabble that I thought of one night, but it seemed to have gotten a lot more attention than I originally planned.... but I'm not complaining. 

Anyway here is a little thank you for being so good to me!


As Chen came to a stop from holding out his note, everyone was silent for a minute. That was until a tall man with elfish ears began to clap hysterically. The other employees joined in clapping at their fellow employees’ performance along with their customer’s performance as well.

Not being able to hide how happy he was, Baekhyun ran over to Kyungsoo and startled the other by hugging him. Baekhyun released Kyungsoo and shook him by the shoulders, “Yah, where did you learn to sing like that?!” Baekhyun demanded.

Everyone silently waited for Kyungsoo’s response. 

“Well," he began softly. "My mother and I used to sing a lot when I was little and I kind of fell in love with it, I guess,” Kyungsoo bashfully shifted his eyes to train them on the wooden floor, avoiding Baekhyun’s stare.

“Gosh, you’re too cute!” Baekhyun said while crushing Kyungsoo in another hug. Kyungsoo turned a bright red and tried to squirm his way out of Baekhyun’s grip.

The other employees just watched Baekhyun squish Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo trying to escape. Some let out small chuckles while others just smiled.

Not being able to take any more of Kyungsoo’s embarrassment, the manager went to pry Baekhyun away from Kyungsoo.

“Baekhyun you just can’t go around man handling people, especially when they’re customers,” the manager lightly scolded with a sigh, placing Baekhyun behind the counter.

“But Suho hyung~” Baekhyun whined. “Kyungsoo is just SO cute! How can I not squish him?” Baekhyun countered, pointing at Kyungsoo.

Said man blushed even darker, coloring his entire face and spreading to the tips of his ears.

“I’m not that cute,” pouted Kyungsoo in a small voice. However, Baekhyun heard every word.

“See?! He’s even humble about it too. It makes him even more adorable…” Baekhyun continued.

Suho just let out an exasperated sigh as Baekhyun continued his rant. He looked towards the blushing man and felt that the male was beyond adorable with his cheeks stained red. So to comfort and make him feel less nervous and embarrassed, he went up to the customer and held out his hand.

Kyungsoo stared at the outstretched hand in front of him, and then looked up into the owner’s eyes.

“The name is Joonmyeon, but you can call me Suho. I am the manager of My El Dorado. Nice to meet you,” said Suho.

Kyungsoo took the hand into his own and shook it, “Nice to meet you Joonmyeon. My name is Kyungsoo. I really like your restaurant. Why haven’t I heard of it before? I’m pretty sure a restaurant with handsome employees is bound to be talked about.”

All the employees’ faces lit up a soft pink at Kyungsoo’s compliment, especially Suho’s. Taking his hand away from Kyungsoo’s, Suho used it to scratch the back of his head.

“Uh, actually we are quite popular. But people tend not to talk about us because they want to ‘keep us a secret’ from other people. I really don’t understand their logic. But hey, if it keeps them coming back I really don’t mind,” explained Suho.

Kyungsoo took a minute to let the information sink in and then a thought struck him. “May I please meet your other employees since I already met Minseok, Luhan, Baekhyun and you, Joonmyeon,” Kyungsoo asked Suho.

Suho couldn’t say no to the male before him. Kyungsoo’s face wasn’t the deep shade of red anymore, but more of a blooming pink and he had his eyes wide practically begging Suho. With another sigh escaping his lips for the umpteenth time that night, Suho commanded, “Everybody line up.”

All the employees lined up in front of Kyungsoo in accordance of what job they held.

At the beginning of the line were the waiters. The first of the waiters was a really handsome, tanned man who introduced himself as Jongin, but everyone called him Kai. Next was Baekhyun, who playfully winked at Kyungsoo, and then Luhan. The last waiter was a guy with elfish ears who introduced himself as Chanyeol. Kyungsoo greeted them all back with a gentle smile.

The next employees were the baristas, who were also the youngest and eldest employees. Kyungsoo already met Minseok, who introduced himself as the eldest. But when he looked at the other employee, at first, his face was cold and expressionless. Yet, Kyungsoo gave him an encouraging smile thinking that the youngest employee could just be nervous, resulting in the said employee stuttering his name out with a cute lisp as Sehun and a light pink blush spread across his cheeks. Kyungsoo made sure to voice out his thought about how cute the youngest was quietly; however, Sehun heard him and it made his blush darken slightly.

After the baristas, the following two employees were the security/runners of the restaurant. When Kyungsoo asked what was meant by ‘runners’, Suho explained that the two were anywhere where they were needed. The tall employee, with sandy blonde hair and a scary expression, introduced himself as Kris and the other male with dark circles under his eyes introduced himself as Tao.

During the time that Tao and Kris were introducing themselves, the former found Kyungsoo to be slightly trembling and held a scared look in his eyes. Nudging his partner in his side, Tao wordlessly communicated with Kris through his eyes that they should lay off being intimidating, so as to not frighten the sweet customer.

With that, both kindly smiled at the small male before them, seemingly making him visibly relax.

Kyungsoo's ears perked up at the mentioning of the last two employees being the chefs. The dimpled man from before introduced himself as Yixing, while the other male with strong facial features introduced himself as Jongdae or Chen.

After Chen introduced himself, Suho was about to tell the employees to go back to work but Kyungsoo interrupted him.

“Excuse me Yixing and Chen, you both were amazing when playing the piano,” Kyungsoo said to both of the chefs. Then he turned to Chen, “Chen you really have an amazing voice, I would like to sing with you sometime again.”

Chen chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, “Thanks. You got one hell of a voice too, Kyungsoo.”

As Baekhyun and Luhan were watching the exchange between Chen and Kyungsoo, they couldn’t help but feel jealous.

“Yah~ Kyungsoo-ah,” Luhan whined. “What about me? I have a better voice than Chen.”    

“No, what about me Kyungie?” Baekhyun asked. “I have a better voice than both of them combined.”

After Baekhyun said that, all three vocalists started to argue whose voice Kyungsoo likes the best. Not being able to handle the constant arguing, Kyungsoo went over to Sehun and grabbed onto his arm, startling the other male, but also sending pleasant shivers throughout his body.

“Y-yah,” Sehun stuttered. “W-what are you doing?”

Kyungsoo just gave a look that said to trust him as a response to Sehun’s question. Kyungsoo cleared his throat gaining the stares of everybody and gasps from Baekhyun, Luhan, and Chen.

“To answer your guys’ question of whose voice I like better, it’s not any of yours,” Kyungsoo paused to look up at the male he was clinging to. “I like Sehunnie’s voice the best,” Kyungsoo said while sticking his tongue at the three that were previously arguing.

Nobody said anything and for a few seconds it was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop. The silence didn’t really last long because it was soon filled by laughter from everyone except the three pouting vocalists and the youngest employee.

Kyungsoo still clung to Sehun when the laughter died down and everyone was chatting amongst themselves. Sehun didn’t necessarily mind the closeness he had with the cute customer that clung to him. Sehun actually found it even more endearing.

While Sehun was thinking about Kyungsoo, the smaller, however, had a sudden thought pop up in his mind. And instead of letting go of the arm of the youngest employee, Kyungsoo pulled him along to go to the person Kyungsoo had a question for.

The person of interest was Yixing.

Sehun didn’t put up much protest. He was just enjoying being close to this particular hyung. When Kyungsoo was in front of Yixing, he didn’t even bother to let go of Sehun’s arm because he actually liked holding onto it.

“Um Yixing hyung,” Kyungsoo said to get Yixing’s attention. Yixing, who was talking to Suho about something, turned towards the direction in which his name was being called. What he found was Kyungsoo still hanging onto Sehun’s arm. Yixing cocked his eyebrow at Sehun and the other just shrugged him off. Yixing, then, turned his attention to the male that was clinging onto the youngest.

“Yeah Kyungsoo, what is it?” he asked curious.

“I-I was w-wondering if I c-could cook s-something for you guys as a t-thank you for your services,” stuttered Kyungsoo, slightly tightening his grip on Sehun. Sehun felt Kyungsoo’s grip tightened and he, over the top of Kyungsoo’s head, gave Yixing a signal telling him that he was alright with Kyungsoo cooking.

A soft chuckle escaped Yixing’s mouth, while he shook his head. “Well we have to get the others’ permission to see if it’s alright.”

Kyungsoo face lit up and he excitedly followed Yixing, all the while still clinging onto Sehun. It seemed to Kyungsoo that Yixing was leading them to Suho, who was now talking to Kris and Tao about tightening their security system.

When Tao glanced past Suho for just a second, he saw Yixing and Kyungsoo coming up behind the manager. Tao motioned for Suho to look behind him with his eyes pointing to the people that were getting closer.

Suho nodded his head at Tao’s signal and waved his hand dismissively towards the two security guards. But before the two guards could even turn around, they were stopped by a soft shout. “Wait! Tao. Kris.”

The two said males turned their heads to the customer who was still clinging to their maknae; he appeared to be kind of shy, even though it wasn’t very noticeable.

However, both Kris and Tao took notice of this obviously, since they were supposed to take notice of everything that went on inside the restaurant. Like how right now, Kris could tell that Luhan was stealing some cookies from the display case again without even glancing in his direction and how Tao could tell that Minseok was beyond annoyed by the way his lips were in a tight line from all of Chen’s annoying teasing.

But, Kyungsoo didn’t know any of this and he tried to hide his shyness by slightly tightening his grip on Sehun, who understood perfectly how nervous the smaller male was being. Sehun shifted a little, not noticeable to the others, but noticeable to Kyungsoo who smiled inwardly.

Yet, when Kyungsoo was about to ask Suho, Kris, and Tao about him cooking them a meal, Yixing already beat him to it.

“So guys,” Yixing started. “Kyungsoo offered to cook us a meal to thank us,” With the mention of a meal the other employees began to gather around to see what was going on.

Baekhyun, Luhan, and Chen all immediately crowded around Kyungsoo, waiting for the details.

“What is this I hear about a meal?” Baekhyun asked.

“Are you cooking for us Kyungie?” Luhan questioned hopefully with both his hands clasped together.

“Please cook for us Kyungsoo,” Chen playfully pleaded while rubbing his hands together.

Kyungsoo hid his head in Sehun’s arm. He was so embarrassed and he couldn’t look at any of them any longer because he didn’t want them to see his burning face. The customer kind of felt bad for clinging onto Sehun so much, but at the same time he felt extremely comfortable touching the young barista. And he thought that Sehun didn’t mind because he wasn’t telling the other to get off of him.

So with his head buried in Sehun’s arm, Kyungsoo shyly nodded his head as if it wasn’t his idea in the first place to cook them a meal.

Loud cheers erupted from three employees, while the rest of the staff all smiled at the hiding male.

“Yah! Why are you three always so loud?” exclaimed Minseok who was beyond annoyed at their behavior.

“Because we still have our youth, unlike you, gramps,” explained Baekhyun.

“Why you piece of –” Minseok took a lunge at Baekhyun, but was held back by Kris.

“Okay!” shouted Suho, officially cutting off what the eldest employee had to say. A few snickers coming out of the three loudest were heard, but Suho clapped his hands to get the attention of his staff. Once he got everyone staring at him, the manager continued, “Since Kyungsoo is being generous and cooking us a meal, why don’t we close up for today?”

Multiple sets of cheers erupted from the employees, which caused a timid smile to spread across the customer’s face and a soft giggle to escape his heart shaped lips.

That one giggle produced a small smile from the youngest employee, which didn’t go unnoticed by Chanyeol, who came up and slapped a hand to the maknae’s back.

“Ah finally. The maknae’s stone, cold face cracked and he smiled,” teased Chanyeol.

While the other employees began to coo at their youngest, Kyungsoo glanced up at the owner whose arm he was clinging to. The smile that Chanyeol mentioned disappeared from Sehun’s face and was replaced by a scowl that was directed to his fellow coworkers.

Shifting his feet and letting go of Sehun’s arm, Kyungsoo stood in front of Sehun. The younger was too busy glaring at his hyungs that he didn’t notice the lack of weight on his arm or the person in front of him.

Silently fuming on the inside, Sehun was startle when small hands found themselves on the sides of his face, tilting his head downwards to gaze into a pair of wide doe-like eyes. Just like the first time the shorter male touched him, little currents of electricity ran down his back, sending ripples of pleasant shivers throughout his body which increased when small fingers traced his lips.

The fingers on Sehun’s thin lips trailed themselves to the corners of the maknae’s mouth. Putting a slight pressure and moving upwards, Kyungsoo conceived a smile on his own face. “Your face is meant for smiling Sehunnie, no time for frowns.”

Silence filled the entire restaurant. All the employees stared at the scene in front of them, watching how Sehun’s face turned a pale pink and Kyungsoo still smiling gently at the maknae.

His body acting on its own, before his mind could even think of anything to do, Yixing reached his hands out to grab onto Kyungsoo’s hands. Smoothly prying the customer’s hands away from the maknae’s face, Yixing began to back up, leading Kyungsoo away from everyone.