Entries 12 and 13

Yearning to Remember

Oh. My. Lord. I can't believe this happened! Jae Eun... He *kissed* me! On the lips! I can't believe it!

We were talking about the language of flowers (which is increadibly romantic, by the way) and he asked if I remembered the boquet he'd given me the day before. Of course I do, Lilacs and Buttercup. When he had me look up their meanings, my heart started fluttering. Then, when I turned to ask him why he'd given those flowers to me, I found my lips touching his.

Aigoo, it was amazing! Surrounded by all the beautiful flowers, and he was so gentle and soft about it. I just... I melted.

He asked me out for a date this weekend; he wants to take me camping. I'm a little hesitent - I mean, camping for a first date? - but I said yes. The plants in the shop should all be okay for a few days; at least, that's what Jae Eun told me.

Omo, I can't stop smiling! Jae Eun, he makes my stomach dance, and he's so handsome. So, I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

-Key

 


 

I'm packed and ready, have permission from my therapist. Everything's set for the camping trip with Jae Eun. I'm really excited; I feel like I'm starting to live like a normal human again. But something still feels... Off. Actually, something has felt off for a while now. I mean, I feel like I've forgotten something really important. Something big. But I can't remember what it is. Doc says I shouldn't try to force myself to remember, because I might end up with false memories. Jae Eun... He saw me getting worked up about it the other day. He said, "Don't worry about your memories. I know it must be frustrating, but I'm sure everything will come back in time. And if it doesn't... Then maybe there's a good reason why."

Aigoo... Jae Eun is like a prince sometimes! He doesn't get upset when I space out or can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing. He helps to calm me down when images flash around inside my head all too fast for me to make any sense out of them. He orders me food if I'd forgotten a lunch, and I've noticed he remembers what I like to eat.

I love talking with him, hearing stories of how he grew up in this town, his friends, the parties he's gone to. And he seems equally absorbed while listening to me talk about life at the hospital, or at the home I'm at now. I really think he likes me.

-Key

 




 Well everyone... This is the last chapter of Yearning to Remember. Sadly, I've run out of room in this format for where I want this story to go. So it's the end of the road for now. I'll be working on a sequal, for both this story and Letters From a Forgotten Lover. I'll be writing it out in full before beginning to post it though, so please be patient. I'm sorry I've left you all with this as the ending. I thank you all so much for your love and support for my little story, and I hope you continue to love my work. I love each and every one of you who commented, read, and upvoted this story.

~JordiePi