Unbreakable

Glass Made of Strength
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook is strong?

 

In the beginning, Kyuhyun doesn't see it.

 

Since he first joined the group, Kyuhyun has always had the impression that the older man is made of glass—a fragile glass that's always in the danger of shattering when treated roughly. He thinks that the other is prone to breakage if handed to rough hands and handling, or perhaps even when just exposed to harmful environment. How can he not, when all Ryeowook excludes is the aura of an innocent child suddenly into the spotlight?

 

Kyuhyun can't and won't deny, Ryeowook looks like a pure angel; untainted, delicate, and blindingly innocent.

 

Maybe that's why Kyuhyun swore to himself one day that he'll protect Ryeowook at all odds, even he himself turns into a devil.

--

 

It has been an accident.

 

The first time Kyuhyun sees that Ryeowook is strong after all, despite his earlier prejudices against the man, has just been out of pure luck and perhaps, a little bit of destiny.

 

Sobbing has been the first sound he has heard that evening; worry crawling up his spine as he nears to the source of the sound. The sounds are coming from the locked bathroom and Kyuhyun's afraid that something bad is happening to the man on the other side of the door. Although the sound has been promptly followed by another, which probably has twisted his heart more than the sobbing has.

 

Ryeowook is retching.

 

It's aggravating, Kyuhyun thinks as he angrily grits his teeth, that the company can't see how perfect Ryeowook looks. The older man isn't fat, he's a pinch of perfect, and he doesn't understand why the company demands Ryeowook to lose more weight when the man already looks amazing in the first place.

 

Ryeowook already looks beautiful the way he is now; he doesn't need to still conform on what the company deems as beautiful.

 

But before Kyuhyun can knock the door down and demand Ryeowook to stop, the sounds suddenly halt leaving deafening silence on its wake. And his heart soon leaps into his chest once the smaller man's soft voice catches his attention in a butterfly touch.

 

'It's okay, Ryeowook. Soon, everyone won't have to complain about your appearance anymore. Just stay strong...'

 

Kyuhyun decides then that Ryeowook is strong after all.

--

The second time Kyuhyun sees how strong Ryeowook is, it has been accompanied by the sound of the heart monitor beeping beside him.

 

Everything is happening too fast for Kyuhyun. Screeching breaks, loud honking, frantic shouts—those are the sounds that has clouded his mind and hearing; leaving him painfully scared for whatever is happening. Everything happens in just a blink of an eye and suddenly all Kyuhyun can see is black.

 

The next thing Kyuhyun hears is the sound of Ryeowook's voice; sorrowful, empty, guilty, and broken at the same time.

 

Kyuhyun has never so much wanted to reach into the man he can't see but just can hear as desperate as this.

 

'If only we didn't fight, if only I hadn't been so stubborn, then this shouldn't have happened. I'm sorry Kyukyu, please wake up. I promise if you wake up I'll try not to be a burden anymore...'

 

He really wants to open his mouth and scream at the sobbing Ryeowook beside him, perhaps to say that the older is not and will never be a burden. He's desperate to hold and hug his hyung and promise the crying man that he won't ever leave; that he'll stay with him for as long as Ryeowook wants.

 

And Kyuhyun's heart suddenly calms down as Ryeowook's next words register on his ears; feeling himself drifting into a peaceful sleep as the words serve like a sweet lullaby telling him not to worry anymore.

 

'I'll try not to cry anymore, okay? But please try to wake up too! I promise you I'll be strong for the both of us so please open your eyes, and I'll be waiting for you to wake up...'

 

Ryeowook has been strong for himself and the younger, so Kyuhyun finds the strength too to wake up days after.

--

Everything is falling apart.

 

And Ryeowook has been silent all week; refusing to leave his room even if he still hasn't eaten anything.

 

It has been a huge mess—a mess that is serving as a destructive threat for Super Junior. Problems after problems always come knocking on their door and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter