Chapter 4

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 4

The next morning, Gui didn't feel like getting up for school. She just laid on her bed, with the blankets pulled over her head. Wu Ye ye was waiting for her, but she didn't come down for breakfast. He was getting worried, so he had asked Xiao Nan to check on Gui. She went into her room and found her sleeping. She walked over to Gui's bed and pulled the blankets down from her head.

Gui was stilling sleeping, but there was something wrong with her. She was sweating. Xiao Nan put her hand on Gui's forehead. She was burning. Xiao Nan ran to Gui's bathroom and took out the first aid kit. She took it back to Gui and looked for the thermometer. When she found it, she stuck it into Gui's mouth. She waited for a few minutes, then took it out. Gui had a fever.

Xiao Nan left Gui's room and went downstairs to report to Wu ye ye. When she entered the dinning room, Ya Tou, Xiao Jie and Aaron was already sitting in empty seats, waiting for Gui. Old Master Wu looked up from his food and motioned Xiao Nan to him.

"Old Master Wu, Young Mistress Gui has a fever, so she will not be attending school today," she said. Aaron looked up from his book and stared at Xiao Nan. He wasn't sure if he heard her correctly.

"Um...did you say that Gui had a fever?" he asked, putting the book down. Ya Tou and Xiao Jie stared at him. Xiao Nan looked at Aaron, then back to Old Master Wu.

"Yes, Young Master Yan. Young Mistress Gui has a fever. She will not be going to school with you guys today. But, after class you can come by and visit her," she said as she smiled at them. Ya Tou, Xiao Jie, and Aaron grabbed their things and headed out of Gui's house. Aaron put his head down and walked to school quietly. Xiao Jie and Ya Tou watched him as he walked in front of them. They knew that something was wrong with him.

"Psh...Ya Tou, don't you think Aaron is acting strangely this morning? I mean, look at him. Since he heard that Gui is sick, he's been like that since we left her house," Xiao Jie whispered to Ya Tou.

"I don't know. Maybe he likes her," she whispered.

"Maybe? Let's ask him," Xiao Jie said smiling. They tried to catch up with Aaron. When they were next to him, he looked up from the ground. Ya Tou gave him a big smile. He didn't know what they were thinking, but he knew that they were up to something.

"What?" he asked when they got to the bus stop. Xiao Jie just kept smiling at him. He stared at her, confused.

"Nothing," said Xiao Jie as she laughed.

"Um...Ya Lun, I have a question to ask you. Do you...like our Ghost?" Ya Tou asked. Aaron turned and faced Ya Tou. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Ya Tou just asked him if he liked Gui...but did he? Xiao Jie and Ya Tou waited for his answer. "Ya Lun, did you know that not answering means that you like her?"

"Um...I...I...I'm falling for your Ghost," he confessed. He didn't see the point in hiding it from Ya Tou and Xiao Jie, since they already knew. Ya Tou opened and closed it. She didn't know what she was expecting, but this was not what she had expected. Xiao Jie stared at Ya Tou. She was just as shock as Ya Tou was.

"Can you repeat that?" they asked in unison.

"I said that I'm falling for you Ghost," he repeated himself.

"What? Really?" asked Ya Tou. Xiao Jie just stared at Aaron, not believing what she just heard. He had fallen for Gui. Aaron, the hottest guy on campus, had fallen for Gui, the blind girl on campus. She was trying to understand this equation.

"Yea, I think so," he said.

"Since when?" asked Ya Tou.

"Since I first met her. At the street vendor," he told them.

"Street vendor?" asked Xiao Jie, remembering the conversation they had when they first met him. "Ah, the street vendor. Where you two met when she was discharged, right?" Aaron nodded his head.

"You mean, you have fallen for her since last year?!" Ya Tou asked, almost shouting.

"Wow, why didn't you say anything?" asked Xiao Jie, once she got a hold of the conversation.

"I wasn't sure if I liked her or not. But, as I spent more time with her, I just realized that I loved her since the day I met her. I think that's why I approached you three. I mean, I always knew that you three are in this school, but it never occurred to me before. Ever since my mother died, I just kept to myself and I'm really cold towards other girls. But, when I saw her at the street vendor, I was instantly attracted to her. I think what made her so special, is that she's blind," he confessed to them. He was not use to opening up, but he knew that he can trust Ya Tou and Xiao Jie.

"So, do you like her because she's blind, or because of her personality?" asked Xiao Jie.

"It's her personality that made me fall in love with her. I don't care if she's blind or not," he said, when the bus arrived. They all boarded the bus. No one said a thing. Ya Tou and Xiao Jie sat next to each other by the windows, while Aaron sat by himself. He was deep in thoughts.

Ya Tou took out her ipod and listened to it, as she watched the streets come strolling by, she loved listening to music. It was what made her feel alive. Xiao Jie, on the other hand, was reading. She loved to read as much as Gui. When she first met Gui in high school, they were both in the library. Gui had never met anyone who enjoyed reading as much as she does. So they got along instantly. Xiao Jie knew who Gui was, and she was surprised when Gui started talking to her. When Gui asked her to join Morning Glory, she hesitated, but Gui insisted that she should join, so she did. She got to know everyone through Morning Glory, even though she doesn't feel accepted by the other members, she knew that she wasn't the only one who was out of place.

They got off the next stop and continued walking to school. When they entered the gate, there were students waiting for them. They froze in their place, with confusion. The students were just standing there watching them. Ya Tou stared at Xiao Jie then at Aaron. Xiao Jie shrugged at Aaron, when she caught him staring at her.

"What's going on?" Ya Tou finally asked.

"I don't know, but it looks like we are going to find out soon," answered Xiao Jie. They started walking, when the crowd split up, leaving room for them to walk through. Xiao Jie looked at Ya Tou in confusion. Aaron was walking in front of them. Everyone was watching them, some were cheering, others just stared at them coldly, some had gifts and others were empty handed.

When they reached the end of the runaway, those carrying gifts, walked up to Ya Tou and Xiao Jie and handed them the gifts. They thanked them for the gifts. Aaron turned and saw that there were people giving them gifts. He watched them, as he waited patiently. When Ya Tou and Xiao Jie were able to get away from those who were in their way, they walked with Aaron to class.

Ya Tou and Xiao Jie walked to Ya Tou's first class together, leaving Aaron by himself. When they entered the classroom, those that were already in there, looked up and smiled at them. Ya Tou walked to her seat, while Xiao Jie sat next to her in an empty seat. One of Ya Tou's classmates walked to them.

"Hey, we all heard," she said. Ya Tou looked at her confused. Xiao Jie turned and faced Ya Tou. The girl just stared at them for a while.

"What did you hear?" asked Ya Tou suspicious. She was afraid of the answer.

"We all heard that you guys are going to bring Morning Glory down. I mean, I'm so glad because since they kicked the three of you out, it was pointless in worshiping them. I will always support you three if you guys plan to bring them down," she said.

"We are not planning on bring anyone down," said Xiao Jie.

"No?" asked the girl.

"No," said Ya Tou, "we are not planning in anyway to bring them down. What made you guys think that we are?"

"Well, I don't know who spread it, but someone saw you guys talking back to Morning Glory yesterday at lunch," she said.

"So this is what everything is about. I mean, they insulted Gui and we were just telling them what they needed to know. That's all," said Ya Tou. The girl left them as the bell rang. Xiao Jie looked at Ya Tou and shook her head, before getting up and leaving for the library.

When it was lunch time, Aaron met up with Xiao Jie and Ya Tou in the library. He had heard the news. Xiao Jie and Ya Tou were already sitting at a table with Ah Wei. Aaron walked up to them and sat next to Ah Wei.

"Okay, so, I was thinking...why don't we visit Gui after school," said Aaron.

"Visit Gui? What's wrong with her?" asked Ah Wei. He didn't have any classes with Gui, and he didn't see them that morning, so he didn't know that Gui didn't come to school.

"Ah Wei, Gui is sick so she didn't come to school today. Ya Lun, I'm up for it if you guys are up for it," Ya Tou answered them.

"I'm up for it," said Xiao Jie.

"Me too," shouted Ah Wei, too loudly. The other students that was in the library with them turned and stared at them. Ah Wei apologized and saw that Ya Tou, Xiao Jie and Aaron were staring at him. He smile weakly at them.

After school, they paid a visit at Gui's. Xiao Nan opened the door for them. She led them up to Gui's room. When they entered her room, she was lying in bed, with her grandfather sitting next to her, reading to her. They followed Xiao Nan to Gui's bedside. Old Master Wu looked up from his book and saw that her friends were visiting her. He closed his book and kissed Gui on the forehead, then he got up and left the room, with Xiao Nan following behind him.

Gui smiled weakly at them. They all smiled back at her. She struggled to sit up, so Aaron helped her out. She thanked Aaron for helping her. Ya Tou just remembered that she forgot to tell Xiao Man, so she excused herself and went outside, leaving the rest in Gui's room.

"So, what brought you guys here?" Gui asked, she knew that their were four of them, from their footsteps when they entered the room with Xiao Nan.

"Hey, can't we come and spend sometime with our sick friend?" asked Xiao Jie, playfully.

"Of course you can, but you could at least let me know, so that I can get dressed," she said.

"We wanted to surprise you and plus, you look gorgeous in your pj's," said Aaron, with a big smile. Gui blushed, while Xiao Jie and Ah Wei stare at Aaron. "What are you two staring at?"

"You just called Ghost gorgeous," said Ah Wei.

"So? She's a friend and I'm complimenting her," replied Aaron with a smirk. Xiao Jie just laughed at their silliness.

"So, Gui, how are you feeling?" she asked Gui, while the two boys have their little debate.

"I'm feeling a lot better now than this morning," she said. Ya Tou walked in and went to Gui's bedside. They talked all afternoon. When it was getting dark, they left one by one, leaving Aaron with Gui in her room. He ate dinner with her in her room. He was having so much fun after dinner, that he didn't even notice that it was nearly eleven.

When he left, Old Master Wu went into Gui's room and finished reading to her. He was half way through the book, when he noticed that Gui had dozed off already. He closed the book and placed it on her shelf. He pulled her blanket closer to her, before kissing her forehead. He left her room and closed the door behind him. He went to his room and sat on his bed.

He thought of Gui's blindness. He wanted her to get her eyes fixed, but she had refused. She wanted to live in the simplicity. He didn't understand her, but she made him smile. She was just like her father, stubborn. He turned off his lights and went to sleep.