My Sun And Stars And The Moon Of My Life

My Sun And Stars And The Moon Of My Life

It had been difficult for Jimin to choose a birthday gift for his boyfriend. He’d thought of buying some cologne but then he’d remembered that Taehyung’s nose was too sensitive.

But it was okay, Jimin loved the natural scent of the forest and rain clinging to his boyfriend’s skin and hair anyways.

He wandered around the mall for a while, reminding himself that he should take a shower first before meeting up with his boyfriend later on.

Taehyung would whine about his scent on Jimin being gone, but if the elder didn’t shower, then the Werewolf would get overwhelmed and nauseous by the stinking smell of other people sticking to him.

The younger’s birthday wouldn’t be for another couple of weeks, but Jimin wouldn’t have the time to go out then.

Feeling hot, frustrated and on the verge of tears, the throng of people Christmas shopping making him dizzy, Jimin found the beacon of light when he was about to give up.

Jimin stared at the front of the store, eyes zooming in on the perfect birthday gift for his boyfriend.

He had made up his mind.


“Ah! Babe-! You must be freezing, come in!” Taehyung exclaimed when he opened the door to see his boyfriend standing there with flushed cheeks and snow clinging to his lashes, holding on to plastic bags filled with food and one with cake.

Stepping into the warmth of Taehyung’s house and putting the food down, Jimin carefully slid out of his outerwear, before turning around and winding his arms around the younger’s waist, feeling the other instantly nuzzle his face into his neck.

“Happy birthday,” Jimin whispered softly. He could feel the younger’s arms tighten around him as his own did on the other. The sudden cold nose pressing against his shoulder made Jimin jump a little and he let out a small snort.

After a few moments, Jimin started to giggle as he tried to draw away from the younger’s hold, feeling the arms around him tighten.

“Taetae, you know that it tickles whenever you scent me-” Jimin let out between his laughter, finally able to pull away from the other and skipping into the living room, throwing himself onto the couch with a content sigh. 

He could hear Taehyung whine, before the younger’s body landed on top of his. Jimin let out a groan as the air got squeezed out of his lungs and wriggled underneath the Werewolf to get into a more comfortable position.

“Well,” the younger started, “You washed my scent away so, like, deal with it.” He muttered out as he cuddled with the elder, leaving kisses against his exposed skin that peeked out from his fluffy sweater.

“You know I’m doing it for your own good, though,” Jimin mumbled out quietly as he started to card a hand through Taehyung’s soft locks. The younger just hummed, moving his head down to rest it on the elder’s chest.

Jimin had noticed how much it calmed Taehyung down when he listened to the elder’s heartbeat, hands pressed to his skin to feel the pulse beneath his fingertips.

Alive and breathing.

Safe.

Not even Taehyung’s pack, his family, could calm him down and keep him in check the way Jimin could. 

“Come on, let’s go prepare the food!” Jimin exclaimed giddily, pushing Taehyung’s body off of his with a cackle and raced to the kitchen, the younger letting out a playful growl as he followed suit.


Right when Jimin got done with the preparations, Taehyung walked to the front door and yanked it open, revealing a startled Jungkook with his fist raised in the air, probably about to knock. Yoongi and Seokjin, who were behind the boy, chuckled at the little jump he did when Taehyung suddenly hollered a Hello! at them. Taehyung received birthday greetings as he hugged them all.

Jimin ran from the kitchen and greeted the trio with a smile, giving them all a hug as he ushered them into the warm house.

“Oh, hyung, you didn’t have to bring food!” Jimin exclaimed when he saw the various plastic bags in Seokjin’s, Yoongi’s and Jungkook’s arms as he trailed after the three of them into the kitchen with Taehyung clinging to his waist. 

Seokjin smiled apologetically at Jimin. “I’m sorry Jimin-ah but your food..” Taehyung sniggered at the incredulous Hey! from his boyfriend and held him tighter as he nuzzled his nape.

Seokjin chuckled, reaching out to ruffle Jimin’s hair, who had a pout on his lips.

“I’m just joking kid. You know how much we eat. Your food alone won’t even be enough for Taehyung,” the eldest said cheerfully as he took out the food from the bags.

“Honestly, I don’t understand how you can eat all this,” Jimin heard Jungkook mutter under his breath. With a grin, Jimin reached up and ruffled the youngest’s perfectly styled hair, making him scowl.

“You’ll find out one day, maknae,” Jimin said as he shared a knowing smile with Taehyung. Jungkook could only stare in confusion, guessing it was just one of the couple’s many “inside jokes”. 

The sudden BANG! of a door colliding with a wall made Jungkook and even Jimin jump and the elder’s heart started to race in panic, but a reassuring press of Taehyung’s lips on his nape made him calm down.

“Don’t worry, it’s just Hobi-hyung and Joonie-hyung.” 

“We brought booze-!” Namjoon bellowed as he walked into the house with a big grin on his lips with arms raised in the air, hands holding onto plastic bags containing alcoholic beverages, mostly laced with herbs so they could actually,at least, get a little drunk.

An excited Hoseok trailed right after him, instantly tackling the three youngest’s into a group hug. “Happy birthday Tae and happy new year everyone!” He screeched loudly. Various replies of Happy new year! resounded throughout the house as they all gathered around the dining table, ready to dig into the food. 

Taehyung grinned happily as he looked at his friends, his pack, his family. 


The seven of them were huddled together in the cold, standing in the middle of the playground beside Taehyung’s house, waiting for the fireworks to light up the night sky and for the new year to come. 

“Hey babe,” Jimin said softly as he nuzzled into Taehyung’s chest, who kissed the top of his head. “I haven’t given you your birthday present yet.”

Taehyung perked up at that. “Give me now, give me now!” He said excitedly as Jimin drew away and took out a package from the inner pocket of his jacket. The others watched curiously as Taehyung tore away the wrapper.

Loud groans echoed throughout the playground as Jimin cackled at the exasperated glares he got sent his way. Jungkook looked just as confused as ever. “Is this one of your many inside jokes?” Jimin leaned on the youngest as his body shook with laughter. “Y-yeah,” he wheezed out. 

“Remember that one time someone howled and the rest followed right after and it lasted for an hour-?” Jimin giggled and Jungkook’s face lit up as he remembered the moment. 

“I don’t know what that was, but it was hilarious,” Jungkook said with a small laugh. Yoongi growled quietly.

“I swear if any of you heads start a howl chain now I’m going to cut you,” he grumbled under his breath, causing Jimin to crack up even more. 

“I didn’t mean to do it, I got panicked, okay?” Someone muttered out quietly.

“Babe,” Taehyung whined. “This is the twelfth chewing toy you’ve gotten me!”

He squeezed it, making it squeak. Jimin saw Namjoon perk up at the sound and a giggle tumbled out of his lips. 

“I’m sorry darling,” Jimin mumbled, voice laced with mirth and eyes sparkling with happiness as he wound his arms around his boyfriend’s shoulders. “But it’s still so funny, even after all these years.” He sniggered at Taehyung’s pout and pecked the younger’s lips. “You love me and you know it,” Jimin sing-songed, the corners of the younger’s mouth twitching up at the aegyo the elder was doing.

“Anyways, why bite this when I can bite you,” Taehyung suddenly said, voice low and husky as he leaned closer to Jimin, causing the elder to splutter and for the others to groan out in exasperation. 

“Y-yah,” Jimin stuttered out. “There’s a child here!” Jungkook grumbled under his breath. 

“I resent that.”

 


When the fireworks finally lit up the sky with bright colors, Jimin couldn’t help but tear up as he gazed at his friends, feeling thankful that he had these wonderful people in his life.

“Well, finally,” he heard Taehyung chirp and looked to the side to see that Yoongi was cupping Namjoon’s face as their lips locked. Seokjin, Hoseok and Jungkook were huddled together, grinning happily as the youngest took pictures with his phone. Jimin brought Taehyung down into a deep kiss, before pulling away and running to the others.

“Happy new year!” Jimin shouted and they all gathered into a big group hug, yelling their lungs out to be heard over the crackling fireworks.

When they all drew away from each others, Jimin pulled Taehyung to the side and took out his actual present. “Here,” he mumbled as he held the package out, the younger looking pleasantly surprised as he took it from the elder’s hands. 

Taehyung’s eyes widened when he opened it, revealing two pairs of dog tags, one with a key charm and one with a locket charm, the keyhole shaped like a heart. “You never get tired of these dog jokes, do you?” Taehyung said softly, a gentle smile on his lips as he stared into Jimin’s eyes, who looked so happy and tenderly back.

“No, I don’t,” he giggled out. “The locket one is mine, and the key is yours, because you hold the key to my heart,” Jimin giggled at the eye roll Taehyung gave him. “You’re so cheesy!” Taehyung sniggered as he brought his dog tag closer to his eyes, reading the imprinted text there.

You’re my sun and stars and the moon of my life, the ruler of my heart. Whatever you do, I don’t think I will ever be able to stop loving you. 

Yours truly and forever, Park Jimin.

Taehyung felt a warmness spread throughout him as he looked at Jimin again, who seemed embarrassed the longer the younger stared at him.

“That’s my line, you know,” Taehyung finally said. “Not because I’m a huge Game of Thrones fan,” -Which you are, Jimin snickered- “But because I really mean it. You know what the moon mean to us, to me. It has such a hold on me, and I’m- I’m helpless against it-” Taehyung breathed out and Jimin’s eyes softened as he cupped the younger’s face. 

“You’re the moon of my life but you’re so much better. You’re beautiful and you make my heart speed up everytime I look at you and I’m so hopelessly in love with you, but you’re also my sun and stars because you belong to me as much as I belong to you, because you light up my days and nights,” Taehyung said, voice so steady and sure as he looked at Jimin. 

“Wow-” was all Jimin could utter as he blinked, surprised when he felt tears running down his face. “I-I’m so proud, you’ve gotten so much better at talking, Kim Taehyung, but you’re way too cheesy-!” He giggled out as more tears ran down his cheeks. 

Taehyung cupped his face, his own eyes glinting with tears as he grinned at the elder, wiping the elder’s tears away with a choked out chuckle.

“You love me and you know it,” he parroted back.

Seokjin sighed in fond exasperation as he engulfed the two in a hug, the rest of their friends following right after.

“Yah, you children are so dramatic-!”