Gone

Heart Beats - A Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh look, a one shot! Actually, this is an old one that I posted on my LJ (which I rarely use any more - same username btw) and decided to post here. Of course, it's not the best because it had been written at the time when I was just about to go to bed and yeah. Hence the reason it's kind of short and lacking any real plot. Whoops. But I thought I'd just post something here for now so this thread isn't so empty... haha. Enjoy~

Title: Gone (Oneshot)
Characters: Luhan, YOU
Rating: G
Genre: Angst, romance, slice of life
Word count: 1751-ish?

Looking down at the album in his hands, Luhan ran a hand over its cover; worn by age and the many times it had been opened and closed to be filled with memories and moments in time, its colour fading and the writing long smudged away leaving only the grooves left behind from a pen pressing too hard.

 

A melancholic smile crossed his face as he touched the edge of the cover and slowly opened it to reveal the contents inside. Photos covered every space on the page, with any blanks filled in with writing and stickers. He brushed the folded corners of the photos back, the people in each smiling bright and warm.

 

The first page was his family, his own mother and father standing side by side with a younger him propped on his father's shoulder. There was another picture of just him as a toddler, then a few more showing him growing over the years. He chuckled seeing these old photos of his past; when he was young and innocent.

 

Turning the page over, there were pictures of another family. This time they were of his wife's family; her parents and younger sisters with her standing out as the eldest one. Luhan ran a finger over her face, reminiscing his life with her. The page was also filled with photos of her younger self.

 

His hand shook as he was about to turn the page again. Luhan knew what was next. The soft rustle of paper and the lingering scent of orange blossom met his senses. His eyes began to water as he remembered the day of his wedding.

•••

"Are you ready, ge?" Tao asked, fixing Luhan's suit collar. Stepping back, Tao admired how handsome his friend looked, smiling despite how nervous Luhan looked.

 

Luhan pulled at his cuffs, the special silver cufflinks shining every time he moved his arm under the lights. He looked at Tao, answering as serious as ever, "As ready as I'll ever be."

 

A knock sounded on the door before the wedding coordinator peeked her head through, "You should get ready to go to the altar now,"  she said, smiling, "You look dashing, like a prince from a fairy tale." Luhan blushed a bit, and thanked her.

 

"Haha, first time seeing you shy, ge," Tao chuckled, fixing his hair in the mirror then snapping a few selfies. Luhan rolled his eyes and went back to buttoning up his white suit; his soon-to-be-wife had chosen the attire for everyone, saying she wanted a dreamlike wedding that would be unforgettable.

 

His best man, Minseok, was already dressed in a black suit like Tao and waiting outside because he wanted to check out the venue; it was a beautiful cathedral with domed ceilings that featured colourful mosaics, stained glass windows on every wall, and even the wooden pews looked elegant. Minseok had wanted to take photos, and was even asked to be the official wedding photographer.

 

Tao and Yifan were there for Luhan as moral support, Jongdae was asked to sing which he gladly accepted, and Yixing would play the piano. All of Luhan's close friends were there to support him, glad that he was finally getting married; he was already 29, and the first of all of them to be married, demonstrating how a wedding should go about.

 

Satisfied with how he looked, Luhan and Tao made their way outside towards the centre of the cathedral; they had borrowed some of the spare rooms in the cathedral as preparation areas. As soon as he entered, the smell of orange blossoms met his nose, the scent calming and soothing as well as a bright addition. He picked a small sprig and tucked it into the special button hole reserved for placing flowers.

 

Tao who followed behind him, was frozen at the doorway, awed by everything. "Am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter