Chapter 2

Bippity-boppity-back the up

 

oh my god I haven't updated in forever please don't kill me :,) 

~

 Seungcheol wasn't sure what to think when Seungkwan sauntered smugly up to him one evening after a particularly rigorous Quidditch practice to ask if he liked anyone.  
 "So Coups, anyone you have your eye on these days?" He asked casually, leaning on the railing just outside of the changing rooms, as if he had been waiting.
Seungcheol rolled his eyes, S. Coups had been a cheesy nickname he had tried to give himself during first year and people had taken to calling him that as more of a joke. 
"No seungkwan, you know I don't have time for that with exams and Quidditch."
Seungcheol replied, pulling a shoe on and quickly tying it, making sure to double-knot. He had tripped over his shoelaces more than once in the past and if he wanted to maintain the cool and collected reputation he had, that wasn't allowed. 
Seungkwan only grinned wider and raised his eyebrows.
"Not even a certain pink-haired boy who happens to be in Ravenclaw?"
At this a faint blush spread across Seungcheol's cheeks. 
"I don't know who you're talking about Seungkwan, but Dinner's about to start and I'm really quite hungry, so if you'll excuse me I'll take my leave." Seungcheol said quickly, averting his eyes as he tied his other shoe with slightly less stability than he would have liked. 
Seungkwan huffed, clearly annoyed by the avoided answer, and stalked off.
After his retreating figure could no longer be seen, Seuncheol let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and his cheeks glowed with heat. 
Nice job Cheol, now Seungkwan's totally suspicious
He grabbed his bag and started trudging up the hill.
Actually, he was guilty of having a crush.
And it was certainly on a certain pink-haired Ravenclaw boy.
And said boy most certainly did not have the faintest idea he existed. 
Seungcheol sighed as he approached the great hall and entered, making a beeline for his seat at the Hufflepuff table to avoid more interrogation from Seungkwan. 
He sat down and eyed the flash of pink hair from two tables down.
The first time he had seen the boy was in the library during the end of last year, his 5th year. 
He had been attempting to study for his upcoming OWLs but no more than 10 minutes in and he had slammed his astrology book shut in frustration, earning him a nasty glare from Madam Pince. He felt a breeze tickle the back of his neck from one of the open windows and as soon as he had turned around in his chair to snap at whoever had a window open he had frozen in his seat.
Sitting by the window, looking down at an open book, was the most ethereal boy he had ever seen in his life. 
Pink hair and pale skin, with delicate fingers that moved to turn the page his obsidian eyes trailed over. 
Seungcheol had to remind himself to breathe.
Since then, he had seen the boy crop up everywhere, and could never seem to get him out of his head. 
In the hallway, the great hall, at the Quidditch stadium, the library. Always in library. Whenever Seuncheol went to check out or return a book for one of his classes, the boy was always there, leaning over a table, eyes trained on a book beneath him.
"CHEOL"
Seungcheol jerked out of his thoughts as a loud voice practically screeched his name and his best friend's face appeared in front of his.
"Jeonghan? What's wrong? Why aren't you at the Slytherin table?" 
He questioned as said boy plopped down on the bench next to him with a murderous aura around him.
"Everything's wrong Cheol! Listen up because I have to tell you!" Jeonghan said in his gossipy voice, spooning carrots and mashed potatoes onto his plate. 
"Kay so I just had Potions with Ravenclaw. And the teacher calls on me to answer a question and I answer it wrong, no big deal right? Well apparently the kid behind me thinks it's a big deal! I don't think you know him, short, pink hair, pale skin." Jeonghan waves his hand discontentedly and Seungcheol's heart stutters at the description, but he doesn't dare interrupt Jeonghan when he's ranting.
"So anyway I answer the question wrong and the kid kind of makes this disappointed sighing noise, so I turn around in my seat and ask if he's got a problem with me and you know what he does? He clicks his tongue at me! The cheeky kid ing clicks his tongue at me, at me! His senior!" 
Jeonghan says angrily, brandishing his fork like a sword before stabbing it into his mashed potatoes, accidentally spraying them over another boy, Minghao's robes. 
Seungcheol hands his napkin to Minghao  with a sympathetic look, who takes it gratefully. 
"Hey Jeonghan, it's not that bad, maybe he didn't mean it condescendingly"
Seuncheol says, removing the butterknife that has now found its way into an enraged Jeonghan's hand. He has always been a bit dramatic. 
"That little , I'll get back at him! Just you wait Lee Jihoon!" Jeonghan hisses dramatically with a fist.
Seungcheol rolls his eyes, he'll probably forget all about in a week at most.
Wait.
Seungcheol shoots up in his seat.
"What did you say his name was?"
He asks, a tinge of color to his cheeks.
Jeonghans face twists.
"Lee Jihoon, I know right, so basic" he replies, flipping his long hair right into Minghao's face. 
Seungcheol's heart does a little dance.
Lee Jihoon.
The face now had a name.

~

Jihoon sneezed.
Someone's talking about me. 
He thought, rubbing his nose on the sleeve of his robes before going back to reading his open book on the table. 
Bet i can guess who.
He shot a glare in the direction of the Slytherin table.
He was still fuming about the run-in with Jeonghan in Potions.
"Hey Jihoon, you okay?"
Jihoon turned his head to find Joshua giving him a worried look.
"Fine, just had a little run-in with a Slytherin earlier in potions." He replied vaguely
Joshua let out a chuckle and went back to talking to Jun about the next trip to Hogsmead.
Jihoon let his mind wander back to the boy he saw earlier that week at the Quidditch match, Choi Seungcheol.
He had seen him around now that he knew who he was and, much to Jihoon's distaste, it seemed as though he was friends with Jeonghan. 
His nose wrinkles in distaste and he forces himself not to think of the long-haired boy.
Choi Seungcheol was attractive, Jihoon would have to be stupid to not realize that. Honestly, anyone would have to be stupid to not realize that sharp jawline that could probably cut glass and those full lips that would look so good-
Jihoon slammed his book shut and stood up, earning a few looks from the people around him. He blushed deeply and hurried out of the hall.
Don't you dare Jihoon, don't you dare have thoughts like that! 
He chided himself, walking down the hall to the Ravenclaw common room without really looking where he was going.
You don't even know him! 
Suddenly he bumped into something solid and promptly fell back on his , letting out a not-very-manly squeak. 
"Oh my god I'm so sorry are you-" he heard a voice above him say before the person inhaled sharply. 
Jihoon looked up and swears his heart stops. 
Choi Seungcheol was standing above him in all his handsome glory, looking about as shocked as Jihoon is.