Final.

Hurt and Comfort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mina? As in Mina? You’re best friend Mina?” the taller girl asked incredulously. A flustered girl nodded, cupping her face not wanting Tzuyu to see her now red face. Tzuyu just shook her head as she grab Sana’s wrist to prevent her from hiding her face.

Tzuyu’s heart jumped at the sight of a blushing Sana but it immediately sank realizing that she is not the reason why the older girl is acting like this. Hiding her pain with a smile, she pinched Sana’s cheeks with both hands.

“You really look cute when you’re in love” Tzuyu tried her best not to choke on her words. Hearing the younger girl’s compliment, Sana swatted Tzuyu’s hands off her cheeks. She could hear the brunette chuckling but she isn’t in the mood to argue.

“Tzuyu! What should I do? I’m in love! What’s worse, to my best friend!” Sana buried her face in her palms in frustration.

“You know what’s worst?”

“What?” Sana mumbled.

You walking out of my life but Tzuyu kept shut at her thought.

“You ruining your make-up”

“YAH! I’m serious here!”

“So do I but listen... Have you tried talking to her? About your feelings, I mean”

“No...” Sana trailed off. Tzuyu cupped the older girl’s face making her look at her eyes.

“You know what to do” Tzuyu said while she tries to calm her erratic heartbeat. It is not the time to admire Sana.

Silence followed between the two. Only the sound of the crowd inside the cafe can be heard. After a minute or so, a sob broke their silence.

Tzuyu panicked as she sees Sana in tears. Not knowing what to do she stood up and sat beside the crying girl while shaking her a little.

“What happened? What did I do?” Tzuyu stuttered as she comforts the girl but the more she consults the older girl, the louder the sobs produced causing the people near them to look at the duo. Tzuyu just gave them an apologetic smile with a bow.

Thinking that she can’t stop the big baby from crying, she stand up; grab their things and the wrist of Sana before heading out of the cafe not before leaving some money on the table.

“Are you calm now?” Tzuyu asked as she pats the squirrel-like girl at the back. They are now seated on a bench in a deserted park. Tzuyu looked around still patting Sana’s back trying to comfort her.

What a cliché place to be alone with her. She sighed before looking at Sana who was now wiping her tears. Tzuyu inwardly thanked God for what made Sana stop crying before asking her a question.

“Why the hell did you cry?” Tzuyu asked with a confused expression. Sana bit her lips as she look at Tzuyu. She almost lost it though when Sana suddenly pout but luckily she was able to hold herself back from kissing those luscious lips.

“I don’t want our friendship to turn into dust if I confess to her” Sana said trying to prevent tears to come out in her eyes. Tzuyu noticed it so she wrapped her arm to Sana’s shoulder before pulling Sana’s head to her own to lean on.

“Psychologist says that if you confess to your crush, there’s a 90% chance that he/she will like you back” Tzuyu said while looking at Sana but Sana just glared back at her.

“You seriously need stop surfing the net for like a week” Tzuyu couldn’t help but to chuckle at Sana’s comment which made Sana do the same but then Tzuyu suddenly became serious. Sana lifted her head and she was about to ask at the sudden change of mood when Tzuyu stopped her.

“With all my seriousness, the only thing you can do is to talk to her about your feelings. It’s better if you two are alone to do a heart to heart talk” Tzuyu said looking dead into the eyes of Sana. After all, she’s already died after Sana said that she admired her best friend. The latter was caught off guard by Tzuyu’s deep tone voice as she was used to hear the girl’s really lively voice that she can’t help but to avert her attention on the ground.

Tzuyu noticed the tint of pink painted on the cheeks of the older girl but she was too hurt to care. She continued, continued hurting herself more.

“Who knows? Maybe she is too shy to ask”

And more

“That she likes you too”

And more

“Or that she loves you too”

Like how I love you...

Until a deafening silence covered them.

The older girl kept shut. No one uttered a word. After a minute of letting the information sink into her head Sana beamed at Tzuyu. She hugged her before kissing her cheeks.

“I know I can count on you when it comes to advice” Sana said before standing up. Tzuyu faked a smile towards Sana before pointing her thumb towards her.

But this one you count on advices don’t even know how to advice herself on how to move on...

“Well? This is Chou Tzuyu you’re talking about; Of course she knows how to handle all sorts of love problem” She proudly said.

Liar...

“I know, Anyway it’s getting dark I should accompany you home” Tzuyu also stood up but she denied the offer.

“No it’s ok! My house isn’t that far” I can’t stand having you near me right now...

“You sure?”  Sana asked tilting her head to the side. Tzuyu just nodded not trusting her voice. Sana only narrowed her eyes before giving in.

“Ok then... Huge thanks for everything” Sana smiled before going to the opposite direction. Tzuyu just waved back still glued to her place waiting for Sana to go around the corner.  As soon as she was out of sight Tzuyu ran as quickly as her long legs can to her house before locking herself at her room.

Tzuyu cried that night.

Days have passed and Tzuyu is still avoiding Sana. Thinking that it is better to distance herself from the older girl, she started busying herself with school works. Tzuyu’s friend Momo is starting to get worried, she hasn’t seen her friend this devastated before. It also pains her when Tzuyu is not sharing anything from her.

“Woah! You still look like !” Tzuyu’s blonde friend joked one day as soon as she sat at the back.  Tzuyu just groaned before she slump her head on the desk. Momo raised her eyebrow before turning around fully to face the brunette.

“Lemme guess, insomnia?” the younger girl exhaled through her nose before shaking her head.

“Guess again”

“Homework?”

“Last chance”

Momo put her index finger under her chin trying to think deeply before answering with confidence.

“You forgot to put on face mask?”

“Close but wrong” Tzuyu sit back up trying not to slouch since she got use to it and because her parents forbid her from doing so. Momo waited for her friend to compose herself before putting her hands under her chin indicating she’s listening.

“Ready to spill?” Momo asked. Tzuyu just gave her a smile and a nod. Momo sighed in relief before lightly flicking Tzuyu’s forehead which cause the said girl to give her a peace sign.

The younger girl was about to start telling what happened to her but the teacher interrupted them. Momo quickly fixed her position before looking behind her to gesture at Tzuyu to tell her everything later.

“Harsh... So what are you planning to do? You can’t avoid Minatozaki Sana forever” Momo said after listening to her best friend’s most dramatic -or what Tzuyu called Horror- story. The taller girl just sighed deeply before shaking her head to both sides.

“Well, you might wanna think now...” Momo trailed off. Tzuyu looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter