Page 2

Memories of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum flipped the page and on the left there were four pictures. The top two had the two boys being touched up by their mothers (one of the first kid and the other of the second kid). The bottom left had the kids with their moms and the last one was a back shot of the boys holding hands as they walked.



 

September 1, 1998: Im Household

 

 

“Are you excited for your first day of school?” asked Mrs. Park loudly to Jaebum, who was rubbing his eyes.

 

“Yes,” he said monotone, not wanting to hurt the woman’s feelings.

 

Mrs. Park and Jinyoung came to the Im Household early just so they can photograph their kids going to their first day of school together. The mothers had gotten close quite easily after the housewarming party a year prior. Jaebum and Jinyoung, however, did not as Jaebum loved to just stay home and either read his books or watch television. Jinyoung would beg for the other to play with him, but was denied every single time, worrying the mothers as they wanted their sons to get along, especially as they were the same age.

 

“Mommy,” Jinyoung tugged on his mother’s pants, “Let’s go now.”

 

“Ahh, my son. You look so handsome.”

 

The mother picked up her son and spun her around before showering him with kisses in which the son winced and pushed her away, telling her to stop it.

 

“Wait, let me fix your hair.”

 

Mrs. Im picked up her camera as Jaebum stuck to her side. She saw the other mom fixing Jinyoung’s hair and couldn’t help but take a candid picture.

 

Click.

 

“Hey! I wasn’t ready!” Mrs. Park yelled, grabbing the camera from the other.

 

“You two looked cute. Don’t worry!” Mrs. Im chuckled, going away to grab the lunch boxes she prepared for the children.

 

“I’ll make them next time. I promise,” the other said with a smile as she watched Mrs. Im hand the lunch boxes.

 

Jaebum immediately rummaged through the lunch box and saw a cookie from one of his favorite brands. He opened the wrapper and stuffed it all into his mouth before his mother noticed. Jinyoung watched the other and noticed there was a cookie and did the same but slowly ate it as he couldn’t fit all of it in his mouth, causing him to get caught by his mother.

 

“Jinyoung-ah! That’s for school, not now!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter