Page 1

Memories of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum honestly didn’t believe in spring cleaning, but when his close friend Youngjae begged him to as the younger was moving in with him after losing his job, unable to afford rent, Jaebum couldn’t refuse.

 

The apartment was neither big nor small. It was his parents’ city apartment as his family lived in the outskirts of Seoul. When Jaebum moved to the city for school, it became his and the apartment is filled with memories throughout his life and he loved it.

 

There was a horrendous amount of trash and the man was disgusted, which is mainly the reason why he never decided to clean. A bit immature of the twenty three year old, right?

 

Jaebum put on a mask and gloves. He grabbed the biggest trash bag he could find and went into the spare room that hardly had any spare room and began throwing away wrappers, fliers, and other useless pieces of paper. As the room used to be his study room, he found all of his old textbooks which were dusty even when the man was in school as he refused to study.

 

“Straight to the trash,” he chuckled to himself as he shuffled through the books.

 

He skimmed the titles. There was economics, history, calculus, and just a huge variety of subjects, but he stopped at one book that wasn’t from school.

 

It was a photo album.

 

Jaebum dusted it off and brought it toward the coffee table, taking off his mask and gloves once he sat down. The album had a sleek black cover and was quite bulky, but knowing himself too well, Jaebum knew whatever pictures were in the album, it wasn’t going to fill every page as the man was too lazy to take pictures every second. There was no hint of what was inside on the cover and the man couldn’t even guess what could possibly be inside.

 

He opened to the first page and saw two pictures in horrible 90s quality. The date was at the bottom like most pictures at the time and it showed that it was exactly 19 years ago from present day. The two pictures displayed two boys the first picture had one boy rubbing his head and crying while the other was laughing. The other picture showed them forcefully smiling, tears still falling down one of their cheeks.





 

April 16, 1997: Park Household

 

“Mrs. Park! Thank you for inviting us to such a wonderful looking house party!” yelled Mrs. Im as she walked in with her husband and son.

 

The Park family had recently moved into the small neighborhood, not knowing anyone in the area. In order to become acquainted with the neighbors, Mrs. Park thought it would be a great idea to hold a housewarming party, inviting the whole neighborhood.

 

“Your family lives right next to us, how could we not?” Mrs. Park chuckled, pulling the other into a brief hug, “And who is this handsome boy?”

 

The lady peaked over to see a small boy hiding behind his mother’s legs. His head popped up to look at her only for him to cover his face again, holding onto his mom.

 

“Don’t be shy, son. Tell her your name,” Mrs. Im cooed, patt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter