Please Don't Say It

Please Don't Say It...

Well guess who's a and just realised this wasn't up!! I'm sorry to those that have waited if you have but please enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know what to expect, it’s not like warlocks and Shadowhunters could be together, but when those three words came out of Kai’s mouth he couldn’t help his chest tighten slightly.

“I’m getting married.”

Oh…

 

~*~

Kyungsoo sighed heavily from his thoughts as he sat alone in his apartment, wine glass in hand. 

There was an odd game that the two played, a cat and mouse sort. Kyungsoo would try to lure Kai in whilst the Shadowhunter would avoid him. It annoyed the warlock, of all his years that he’d been alive this was probably the most tricky relationship he’d had. Kyungsoo had fallen very quickly, which was odd for him. The last love he had been with was Baekhyun, a vampire who ended up with a mundane much to the warlock’s detest.

But Kai… He was different for Kyungsoo. He’d never really fallen for a Shadowhunter before, let alone one from the Kim family. Kyungsoo had been helping at the Institute where he was asked to, but he was getting sick and tired of Kai only wanting him when he was needed. Couldn’t the younger see the connection they had? Why was he so focused on the missions that he couldn’t what was right in front of him?

Sighing again, he placed his glass down before standing up and moving towards his door, opening it before Kai even had the chance to knock.

“What do you want?” Kyungsoo turned around before heading back to his seat, picking up the glass again. “Having problems sorting out the guest list for your wedding?”

“It’s nothing to do with that.” Kai frowned and looked at the other in confusion. “I need your help with Taemin.”

“Ah… your brother who is infatuated with that fae Minho? That it was your fiancée that put your brother on trial for that?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and sat back down, sipping from his glass. “What do you want me to do?”

“Taemin wants you to be his defence attorney, but I can see that it was a waste of him to come here.” Kai ran a hand through his hair before moving to head out. Kyungsoo placed the glass back down and stood.

“Wait.” He sighs lightly as Kai stops and looks back at him. “…I’ll do it… but I want something in return.”

“…Name it.”

“…You.” Kyungsoo smirked confidently. Kai sighed heavily before shaking his head.

“Something else.” The warlock looked slightly disappointed before he paced around the room.

“Answer me something truthfully… then I’ll see about your brother.” Kai looked at Kyungsoo slightly confused. “…do you love Krystal? I mean, Shadowhunters must be capable of love. If you tell me that you love her, then I’ll stop chasing you.”

The Shadowhunter blinked slowly, looking around the room slightly before looking back at the warlock.

“…I don’t know…” A glimmer of hope lit in Kyungsoo’s cat-like eyes as he raised his eyebrows slightly. “Why… do you keep pushing every time I see you? It… its making me confused!” Kai huffed in frustration before pacing around the room.

“…Confusion is part of love Kai, it’s how you realise if something is actually there. Emotions are never easy, they’re never just one or the other.” Kyungsoo moved closer to the now halted Kai. “It’s more like… symptoms if you will.” He started to slowly walk around Kai. “You lose your breath every time they enter the room… Your heart beats faster-” He snapped his fingers as he walked to Kai’s back, making Kai rest a hand over his own chest feeling his heart race slightly. “As they walk by…” The warlock leans in closer, whispering. “You feel a chill when they stand close enough to feel their breath.” He gently breathes, blue smoke coming out of his mouth and caressing the back of Kai’s neck making the younger shudder.

Kai sighed heavily, he knew what Kyungsoo was trying to do. He turned to look at shorter, who was looking up at him with adoring eyes.

“I know you feel what I feel Kai…” Just please, for once Kyungsoo would like to have a happily ever after.

“…I don’t have any clue what I feel… so back off.” Kai moved away from the confused warlock, he clenched his hands into fists. “This is just a game to you isn’t it? You flirt, laugh and use magic… But you’re immortal. Even if I did feel something for you, I couldn’t give up my life for you. I have to do what’s right, if we were together… I could lose my family, my career… you would lose nothing.”

Kyungsoo stared at the other, gulping heavily as he tried to hold back the tears that wanted to form so badly. He watched as Kai started to walk out of his apartment.

“…Alright then… I won’t ask again… I’ll see what I can do with your brother.” The Shadowhunter looked back to thank the warlock, only to find the apartment completely empty. Sighing softly and biting his lip, he walked out and went back to the Institute to carry on with plans for a wedding he really didn’t want.

 

~*~

 

The trial went fine, Taemin was dropped of the charges after Krystal came to her senses about her future brother-in-law.

A month went by and Kyungsoo carried on ignoring Kai but he couldn’t help thinking about him. It was driving him crazy that he yet again couldn’t have the one he wanted, but maybe that was just the curse of being a warlock. To live your life alone. He couldn’t blame Kai for not wanted to be with him, but sometime he wished the Shadowhunter would break the rules once in a while.

It was the day of the wedding, Kyungsoo was hurt that he hadn’t received an invite from Kai but Taemin secretly invited him to come. He wasn’t sure if he wanted it, he wasn’t sure if he could face Kai again.

Playing with all the options he had, Kyungsoo decided he couldn’t lose Kai. He had to win him back somehow.

 

~*~

 

Kai had to admit that the wedding was very well planned out, most of it done by Taemin and Krystal. He felt nervous as he stood at the altar, Jongdae his adopted brother stood behind him holding the necklace and stele to be used to burn the wedding rune into Krystal’s hand. Kai watched as Taemin came down the aisle carrying the bracelet for him and Krystal’s stele before Krystal followed after him, dressed beautifully in her wedding gown. Once stood in front of each other, both Kai and Krystal smiled at each other.

The wedding proceeded normally but just as Krystal was about to burn the rune into Kai’s hand, the door to the room crashed open and Kyungsoo walked in with his head held high. Everyone looked towards him but Kyungsoo only looked towards Kai, seeing the Shadowhunter’s surprise.

Kai didn’t know what to do, his heart stared to race and he felt like he couldn’t breathe properly. Kyungsoo looked so handsome in a suit, his eyes glowing bravely and Kai couldn’t deny that he found him more attractive then when Krystal walked into the room. Kai’s mother looked furious, turning to her husband.

“Who invited the warlock?!” She whispered harshly before standing up and walking quickly towards Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo, leave this wedding right-“ The warlock held up his hand and looked to her.

“This is between me and your son Heechul.” He walked down the aisle more, staring at Kai once again. “I’ll leave if he asks me to.”

Jongdae looked at Kai with slightly worry, seeing that he hasn’t looked away from Kyungsoo. Kai let out a light breath before turning to Krystal, seeing her smile expectantly at him.

“I… I-I can’t breathe…”

“Hey, its ok…” Krystal said softly, Kai shaking his head lightly.

“I… I’m sorry, I can’t do this…” Her smile fell slightly. “I thought I was doing the right thing and…”

 “It’s ok… I understand…” Krystal shook her head before smiling sadly, placing a hand on Kai’s cheek. “You deserve to be happy… if that’s not with me then… that’s ok.”

Kai smiled thankfully at her, gulping nervously before turning back to an expectant Kyungsoo. Nodding lightly to himself, he made his way back down the aisle moving around his mother who tried to stop him before standing in front of Kyungsoo. He grabbed hold of the front of Kyungsoo’s suit before crashing their lips together, the warlock letting out a small noise of surprise before kissing him back.

 

~*~

 

The repercussions of the kiss led to mixed reactions from Kai’s parents, his mother was unsupportive whilst he father was understanding. Kyungsoo stayed away from them whilst Kai talked to his parents. Kai sighed heavily after they left before going back over to Kyungsoo.

“…you never cease to amaze me Jongin Kim…” Kyungsoo smirks lightly at Kai who blushes lightly.

“I seem to be surprising myself recently…” The Shadowhunter looks to the warlock. “…what now?”

Kyungsoo taps his chin in contemplation before smiling.

“How about that drink we’ve been meaning to have for the past couple of months?” Kai chuckles lightly before pecking Kyungsoo’s lips.

“Sounds like a date.”