Park Chanyeol (Sing For You)

K-Pop One Shots

This one shot does involve the lyrics from Sing For You and they will be in italics and bold.

-------------------------------------------------------

With my old guitar

I was walking past the music room when I heard the voice of a girl, she was singing. I stopped and looked through the window of the room. I saw the girl I has a crush on. Her name was (y/n). She had (y/h/c) hair that was a little longer then shoulder length, black glasses, and always seemed to wear all black. I must have been standing there for awhile because eventually she noticed me and smiled shyly. I smiled back and pulled the door open.

I walked in and said,"You have a really nice voice...Maybe sometime I could play guitar while you sing?"

"How about you meet me here tomorrow at this time and we can do that,"(y/n) responded shyly.

"Okay! I will let you get back to practicing then,"I left the room.

The next day I entered the music room to find (y/n) already there waiting for me.

"Hi (y/n),"I stated as the door closed behind me.

"Hey Chanyeol,"(y/n) said awkwardly.

I smiled,"What song fo you want to try singing?"

"Any song that you and I would both know,"(y/n) looked me in the eyes.

"Okay....How about....Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy?"I asked.

"Sure!"(y/n) smiled widely and nodded.

I'll take all the confessions I couldn't say

As time went on (y/n) abd I sang more songs together and I found myself falling more and more in love with her each time. I could never come up with the right way to tell her I loved her and plus I didn't know if she shared my feelings. So I never told her when we practiced together. I chose to hide my feelings deep down inside even though it hurt me.

All the things I swallowed inside

More time passed and I still couldn't tell (y/n) how I felt. The longer we spent time together the more it hurt that I couldn't get myself to tell her. 

God do I hate myself! Why can't I do this?! 

I did notice something though. The more time we spent together the more (y/n) smiled. She smiled a beautiful smile and I loved it, but I couldn't tell her that either.

And tell you right now as if I made it into a song

"Hey (y/n)?"I looked at her.

"Yeah Chanyeol,"(y/n) looked back at me.

"Would...Would you want to hang out with me sometime?"I looked at her face.

Her (y/e/c) eyes looked big in shock.

"I...Yes,"(y/n) nodded. "I would love to."

That night was fun, but I also pretty much helped (y/n) friendzone me.

Just listen, I'll sing for you

The next day at school I met (y/n) in the music room again. Once I entered I saw (y/n) smile. I smile in response. I sat next to her and took her hands in mine. 

"(y/n), I have something for you,"I said.

"What is it?"I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Instead of you singing for me I would like to sing a song for you,"I let go of her hands and pointed at her. "I will sing All of Me."

I love you so much but I don't tell you that I love you

When I finished singing the song to her I don't think she understood why I sang it to her.

"Your voice is wonderful,"(y/n) complimented.

I smiled, but it quickly disappeared. I was right she didn't understand. It would be easier if I could just say: (y/n), I love you.

It's awkward, my pride won't allow me

It's not that my pride won't let me tell her it's the fact that I don't want her to say that she doesn't love me. Yes she hung out with me, but that doesn't mean that she loves me like I love her. Why am I so stupid?! Why can;t you just tell her you love her tard?! If you don't you could lose her!

I'll take courage and tell you today

You can do this Chanyeol. You can do it! Today will finally be the day you tell (y/n) how you feel.

I walked to (y/n)'s locker at the end of the day.

"I need to tell you something before it is to late. (y/n), I love you! I have been in love with you for awhile, but I couldn't get myself to tell you,"I stated.

"Yah! You should have told me soonger pabo,"(y/n) wrapped her small arms around me.

I smiled and said,"So that means you'll be my girlfriend?"

(y/n) nodded.

But listen without much thought, I'll sing for you

(y/n) wasn't at school today which surprised and worried me because she didn't tell me. Once the school day was over I checked my phone and saw that (y/n) had texted me. 

(y/n) sent: H-hey oppa...I'm sorry I wasn't at school. I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home.

I responded: Are you okay? Can I come over and see you?

(y/n) replied: Yeah, you can come and see me...that would be nice.

I said: Okay, I will be over shortly.

I quickly ran home to drop off my backpack and grab my guitar before heading to (y/n)'s house. When I got there I knocked on the door and got let in by (y/n)'s mom.

"(y/n)!"I said with a smile when I got into her room.

"Hey Chanyeol,"(y/n) said trying to put a smile on her face.

"I have something for you,"I sat next to (y/n)'s bed.

"What is it?"(y/n) asked.

I pulled my guitar onto my lap and started singing All of Me.

"I like that song when you sing it,"(y/n) reached for my hand.

The way you cry, the way you smile

The next day at school (y/n) was there, but she didn't seem okay. When I looked at her I couldn't help but feel that she had been crying. When (y/n) caught me looking at her she forced a smile.

"Please tell me that you haven't been crying...I like seeing you smile,"I whispered to myself.

Do you know how much you mean to me?

(y/n) hasn't been at school in the past couple of days which really worried me. She hasn't messaged me at all either which only added to my worries. I decided I should text her so I sent: Hey (y/n)? Are you okay? You haven't been at school and you haven't messaged me at all.

After awhile (y/n) said: Oh, hi Chanyeol...I'm sorry about not talking to you. I am in the hospital, that's why. 

My eyes widened before I typed: Which hospital?! 

(y/n) responded: The only hospital that we have here.

I rushed to the hospital and got stopped by the lady at the front desk.

"What do you think you are doing?"the lady asked.

"I am here to find and visit my girlfriend,"I answered.

"Tell me her name so I can give you her room number because I am not going to have you running around bothering all the other patience,"the lady stated.

"Her name is (y/n), (y/n) (y/l/n),"I quickly answered.

"She is in 203,"The lady said and I bolted to find the room. 

Once I found (y/n)'s room I walked in and said,"Hi baby..."

"Hi Chanyeol,"(y/n) replied softly.

I looked at (y/n)'s face and arms. She seemed paler since the last time I saw her.

"Why didn't yout tell me you were here earlier?"I asked walking closer.

"I-I didn't want to worry you,"(y/n) looked away from my eyes.

"Do you know how much you mean to me?"I said and kissed her lips.

Words I wanna say, words I lost

I spent the rest of the afternoon with (y/n) until I had to leave because visiting hours ended.

"Bye (y/n),"I let go of her hand and kissed her forehead.

There was so many worries and thoughts that I wanted to say before I left, but I had to leave and I couldn't come up with the words. I just hope she knows how much she meand to me.

I'll confess to you but just listen

The next day after school I went to the hospital right away.

"Hi (y/n),"I said and walked in.

"Oh! Hey, you could have told me you were coming today,"(y/n) responded.

She sounds better today.

I walked over to the bed and sat down in the chair next to it.

"I love you, you know that right,"I looked at her.

(y/n) nodded.

"Good,"I took her hand in mine.

Soon a doctor walked in,"(y/n), it looks like you will be getting discharged today. We will start getting everything ready."

"Chanie?"I looked at (y/n). "Will you take me home?"

"Anything for you,"I said.

I'll sing for you, sing for you

"Where are we going?"(y/n) asked.

"We have to make one stop before I take you home,"I answered. I pulled my car into the parking lot of a park.

"Why are we at a park?"(y/n) looked confused as we got out of the car and I pulled my guitar out of the trunk.

"You will see,"I smiled nad pulled (y/n) along behind me until we found a bench. I sat down first and (y/n) sat next to me. I pulled my guitar onto my lap and looked at (y/n) smiling. I started singing All of Me knowing (y/n) would like it. When I finished (y/n) didn't say anything she only hugged me. I kissed the top of her head.

Just listen and smile

"I love you,"(y/n) said with a smile.

I smile into her hair,"I love you too. Now, are you ready to go home?"

(y/n) nodded and we headed back to my car. When we got to her house I helped her carry in her things and helped her get settled back in.

It's kind of funny, I only have you

When (y/n) had to spend days in the hopital while I was at school I realized how lonely I was. Sure I had friends, but they didn't sem to car. It just seemed so lonely when she wasn't there. I just wish she didn't have to be in the hopsital so often. I want her to be healthy and fine.

But sometimes, I'm worse than a stranger to you

For awhile in our relationship it was all sunshine, but eventually I got sick of visiting (y/n) in  the hospital. All I would see if her lying in a bed, hooked up to machines, and how miserable she seemed. I would only go and see her once eachtime she had to be in the hospital. 

One day while I was leaving school with my friends I felt my phone go off in my pocket. I looked at my phone to see (y/n) texted me.

Her text read: Hey Chanie. I was wondering if you would come to the hospitala...I want to see you agin.

I rolled my eyes and responded: I'm busy today.

In reality I was just going to hang out with my friends and drink. I only started drinking to deal with some emotions.

(y/n) responded back: You're always busy now adays! Is it so much to want to see my boyfriend?!

I never responded.

When in truth, I just wanna put my head in your arms

Yes. lately I have been seeming like a to (y/n), but it's only because  I can't stand seeing her in the hospital anymore. I am not usually this way. Truthfully I just want (y/n) to be cured so I can make her happy and hug her. I just want to wrap my arms around her and never let go.

And be held by you

After a few days I went to the hospital. I walked straight to (y/n)'s room to see her on her bed watching TV. I felt my heart start beating fast,"Hi baby,"

(y/n)'s head quickly turned in my direction with wide eyes,"C-Chanyeol? Why are you here?"

I looked at her noticing that she wasn;t hooked up to so many things before saying,"Am I not allowed to come and see my girlfriend?"

"I-I just wasn' texpecting you to come since you haven't really done so very often,"(y/n) mumbled.

I walked over to her bed and hugged her,"I know I haven't been the best boyfriend lately and I'm sorry."

(y/n) quickly melted in my hug.

"I love you,"I whispered.

"It's okay. I love you too,"(y/n) mumbled.

The way you cry, the way you smile

One of the days after (y/n) got to leave the hospitla and was allowed to go to school she had me meet her in the music room. When I walked in she was sitting in a corner with her knees pulled up and she was crying? I walked up to her and instandtly pulled her into a hug.

"I don't know what's wrong, but I promise everything will be okay,"I said in a soft voice.

(y/n) shook her head into my chest and continued crying. I held her an arms length out and wiped her tears away with my thumbs. The rest of the day I tried to make (y/n) smile. (y/n) needed to smile because she makes me smile and I need her smile.

Do you know how much you mean to me?

"(y/n), please smile,"I say and take her hand.

(y/n) looks up at me and forces a smile.

"Hey, I don't want a forced smile, I want a real smile,"I pout at her.

(y/n) frowns,"You're such a kid."

"But you still love me,"I say and hug her.

Words I regretted as I turned around

Things between (y/n) and I haven't been thebest, we have been fighting a lot.

I grab my phone to read the text (y/n) sent me half an hour earlier: Hey...Can you please come to the hospital? I need to tell you something face to face.

I roll myeyes and respond: Why? So you can just yell again like a little ? 

A few seconds later (y/n) responds: I just want to ing see you, you don't thave to be such a !

I never responded.

The next morning I woke up with multiple missed calls from (y/n)'s parents. I call her mom back.

"Uh...Mrs.(y/l/n) you called?"I say.

"Y-yeah....I called to tell you....(y-y/n) died in the hospital...last night,"(y/n)'s mom said between sobs.

My heart dropped when I heard those words. I hung up the call and broke down. The last thing I said to her invovled me calling her a . Eventually I forced myself out of bedand headed to the hospital. When I got there (y/n)'s family was sitting in her hospital room crying and saying their goodbyes. I walked up to (y/n)'s lifeless body and took her now cold hand in mine. I couldn't help myself and cried,"Why'd you have to leave me?!"

I'll apologise but just listen

A few weeks later (y/n)'s family had the funeral. Before it was time to put her casket in the ground I walked up to it. "Hey babygirl,"my voice cracked."I am really sorry for the last thing I said to you...I never meant it. I love you to much to mean something like that! I-I just wish you would have told me that you would be leaving me so soon....I know it was to early, but I was already thinking about our life together afte highschool. I wanted to make you my wife, but that can't happen now. I hope that where ever you end up you cause some trouble and I also hope you know how much I loved you and how much I still love you. I promise we will meet again...Goodbye (y/n)." After that I broke down crying again.

I'll sing for you, sing for you

When the funeral was finished and I got home I sat on my bed. I felt numb. I could feel things, but emotionally I felt numb. I wanted to feel anger, sadness, love, but none of those showed. I sat on my bed for hours until my mom walked into my room.

"Chanyeol?"my mom said.

I broke out of my emotionless trance and looked at her.

"I think you should get some rest. You have had a long day,"my mom said in a soft and calm voice filled with comfort.

I nodded not having the voice to speak. That night my mind was flooded with memories of me singing All of Me to (y/n). She seemed so happy when I sang i to her. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

Just pretend that nothing's happening

Since (y/n)'s death nothing has been the same. I am not the same. I'm not as happy as I used to be. I smiled less. I go out less and less. My sunshine was taken from me and because of that my world is falling apart, but I have to put on a strong face. I must pretend that nothing happened. you have to be strong Chanyeol.

I'm so thankful everyday that you were here

When I got to school it's just not the same especially when I am in the classes that used to be in with (y/n). I always look over to (y/n)'s empty desk. I always hope that (y/n) will walk in at any second and sit there, but I knew it will never happen. Even though I am sad so much I can't help but smile everytime a memory of use together pops into my head. I am thankful for the days she was here.

You're a gift from god

At lunch today I was on my phone the entire time looking at picture of (y/n). She was my angel. A gift that I wish that I hadn't lost.

"Chanyeol, you need to let her go,"the voice of my best friend, Baekhyun, said.

I put my phone down and looked at the table. I don't want to let her go.

When today passes, I might get awkward agin

Once I got home from school one of my memories of (y/n) came to mind. It was of the day after our first date. that day I was so awkward. I didn't know what to do. The girl I liked was my girlfriend and I didn't know what to do. I ended up holding her hand awkwardly when we walked to classes that we shared. That day she smiled so sincerely. 

But I wanna tell you today, so listen

Later more memories came to mind. The next memory that came to mind was when I asked (y/n) to prom. That say we were hanging out at my house, it was after (y/n) got out of the hospital for awhile. (y/n) was never one to really go to school social events, but I wanted to ask her anways.

"Hey...(y/n)?"I looked at her.

"Yeah?"(y/n) turned towards me.

"I know it's early to ask this, but would you got to prom with me?"I looked in her eyes.

(y/n) didn't answer at first,"I...What if I am back in the hospital the day of prom?"

"Don't think about that. Will you go with me?"my eyes softened.

(y/n) nodded.

To bad that she past away before prom...

The way you cry, the way you smile

I hate when memories come back to me because I usually end up crying. Not manly, but what am I supposed to do? I always see (y/n)'s smiling face when memories come back to me or sometimes I see when she's crying. I wish I could have made her smile more. I want to remember her smile forever.

Words I wanna say, words I lost

I want to go and visit (y/n)'s grave to tell her things I haven't said. I have started to bottle things up. I want to gom but I am afraid of breaking down. I still haven't accepted that she's gone. I still expect to see her walking around, but it will never happen. I miss her voice. I miss the way she laughed, the way she held herself, the way she smiled at me and so many other things. There are still so many things I want to tell her.

I'll confess to you though it might sound awkward

I was walking to the cemetary. I finally got myself to go with the help of my mom. It took awhile ot find (y/n)'s grave, but I found it by a droopy tree. I sat on the warm ground in front of (y/n)'s grave stone. I ran my fingers allong her name. 

"Hi baby. I know it took my awhile to come and visit you. I am sorry for that. Things just haven't been the same since you died. I haven't been able to accept that you are actually gone. I expect to see you at school and get your text messages, but at the same time I know I won't. I just miss you so much...I want you back, but that is selfish of me. Enough about me...I want to know how you are,"I feel my eyes start to water. "I wish you could answer me (y/n)...I wish I could hold you again."

Just listen, I'll sing for you, sing for you

I was listening to music in my room when I got home from the cemetary. All of a sudden All of Me starts playing and I sit still trying to think. I remember how much (y/n) loved it when I sang it to her. I also ended up getting filled with anger and grabbed my guitar before throwing it. It hit the hall with a loud crack. I looked at the splintered wood pieces scattered on the floor. All I could think of was how much I hated that thing, how much I hated the song, how much I hated myself.

My mom rushed into my room,"Park Chanyeol wh-What did youi do? Why did you break your guitar?!"

I didn't answer. I could only focus on my heaving chest.

"Answer me!"my mom yelled.

Just listen, I'll sing for you

Weeks passed with me barely talking to anyone. 

It's now prom night and I am standing in the school gym holding the corsage I had planned to have (y/n) wear, but never will. I stood holding it and began imaging what (y/n) would have looked like. I imagined her wearing a black dress, with her hair up, and a pair of small black heels. In my mind she was beautiful and in my mind this picture was real.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you guys think? I know it is sad, but the song it's self is sad. I hope you guys enjoyed~! Please request!