Getting closer

I'm Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuki opened her eyes slowly, only to be greeted by darkness. Once her eyes adjusted to the room that was only lighted by the street lights outside, she looked around. Seunghoon and Mino were asleep on the floor, huddled close to each other. Jinwoo, Yuri, and Seungyoon were all piled on the couch, also sound asleep. Her eyes looked around again, but there was no Taehyun to be found. Just then, she heard the light strums of a guitar from another room. Yuki pulled her phone out of the pocket of her black skinny jeans, checking the time.

   "1:07 a.m."

"Why in the world would he be up so late?" She asked quietly, scratching her head and standing up off the chair. The brunette winced as a pain shot up her side,

    "I shouldn't have fallen asleep on a chair." She muttered, padding down the hallway, listening as the guitar got louder and louder. She finally made it to the room where the music was coming from. The door was slightly cracked, so Yuki peeked in, only to see Taehyun sitting on his bed, strumming his guitar and singing softly, occasionally scratching out writing in a notebook that he had laying beside him.

    "Are love thorns sprouting out?
     Are these the traces you left behind?
     Will I not be able to see you again?
     You whom I can't touch...
     Should we just stop for a while?
     It hurts so much, I can't handle it.
     Love thorns are stabbing me.
    In this pain, not being able to forget you." He sang softly with his eyes closed. Yuki's leg started to fall asleep so she slightly moved, hitting the door with her knee and gaining the blonde's attention.

"Yah," he started, setting his guitar down on the bed, "who's there? Mino, I swear if that's you messing with me..." He trailed off. Yuki squeezed her eyes shut, grabbing the door knob and pushing the door open slowly. Taehyun's eyes widened.

    "U-um...Hi." Yuki muttered with an awkward smile and wave. Taehyun raised his eyebrows,

"Hi." He responded, watching her just stand there awkwardly. She put her hands behind her back, not saying another word.

     "So," Taehyun started, "Are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to come in and tell me why you're disrupting me when I'm trying to write?" He asked. Yuki's eyes widened and she hurried into the room, closing the door slowly. Taehyun motioned for her to sit on his bed and she obliged.

"So...you are writing a new song?" Yuki hesitantly asked. Taehyun nodded, strumming his guitar once,

   "Yeah...But I cant seem to get anything right." He sighed, earning an eyebrow raise from Yuki.

"I thought it sounded good..." She muttered under her breath, and it didn't go unnoticed by the blonde who's lips raised into a small grin.

   "So I'm guessing it is a breakup song?" Yuki said softly.

"Mhm...lately I've been waiting till late to write. There's no one to distract me from my work." He said, causing Yuki's eyes to widen.

   "I-I'm sorry If I bothered you...It's just that I had woken up on that uncomfortable chair and my back was hurting, then I heard you playing your guitar and was curious an-" She stopped her worried ranting when a chuckle came from Taehyun's mouth.

"I didn't mean you were bothering me...I was just saying that I usually write late at night." The blonde explained with a small grin.

   "O-oh...okay." Yuki mumbled, playing with the white sheets of Taehyun's bed.

"So you said you liked the song?" Taehyun asked, putting his guitar down on the bed. Yuki's cheeks turned a faint pink color,

    "A-ah...You heard that?" She laughed nervously. Taehyun nodded.

"It's going to hopefully be a song for just me and Mino, that is if I could ever get the lyrics and notes right." He sighed.

   "I think it sounds fine how it is...You shouldn't change it." She reassured and Taehyun looked up to meet her eyes,

"T-that is unless you want to change it!" She added with wide eyes, earning a laugh from the blonde.

   "Aish, why do you seem so nervous?" Taehyun asked, a smirk appearing on his face,

"Am I really that handsome?" He added and Yuki scoffed before turning even more red in the face. Taehyun's smirk grew wider,

   "I mean, I know I'm good looking, bu-" he was cut of when he felt Yuki's fists lightly hitting his chest.

"Stop talking!" She whined as a darker blush spread across her face. Taehyun let out a laugh, amused at the girls attempt to shut him up. After a few minutes of soft hits and laughs from the blonde, Yuki gave up, crossing her arms and letting out a loud huff,

   "You aren't even handsome at all..." She pouted. Taehyun let out a fake gasp. He side eyed her, noticing how her pout never let up. She slowly looked up, making eye contact with Winner's maknae. They burst out laughing, not being able to hold the seriousness.

"Okay Mr. Nam..." Yuki started,

      "Maybe you are a little handsome." She said, looking away from him, trying to hide her blush.

"Aigoo, why are you so cute?!" Taehyun asked, his eyes turning to little crescents as he laughed at her embarrassed face, which was a little more relaxed than when she first came into the blonde's room.

    "Y-yah, I'm not cute.." She argued, blushing for the nth time that night. After a good while of goofing off and getting accustomed to each other's company, Yuki let out a small yawn, checking the clock beside Taehyun's bed. The bright red numbers read  "2:43."

"Well, I gue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter