Mysterious letters, cute cafés and angels at the doorstep

You Look Delicious

“Luhan wake up you lazy bastard”

Luhan’s mornings had always started up this way even since they were kids, his younger brothers Yixing and Zitao, or Lay and Tao as he liked to call them, would always jump on his bed and wake him up, Lay was 20, Tao was 18 and Luhan was 21 but the three brothers still acted like kids.

“Why do you guys still do this?” Luhan groaned as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes to check the time “It’s only 7am!? Why are you waking me up now?!”

“Mum says she’s got something important to tell us, not my fault she woke me up first” Tao grunted.

“Must be important though if she wakes us up this early” Lay chirped in.

Luhan sighed and headed downstairs with his two brothers following him.

“So Mum what is it that was so important you had to wake us up now?” Luhan yawned as he scratched his head and sat down at the table still in his stripy blue pajamas and hello kitty slippers.

“I just got news that a wealthy relative of ours from South Korea has just passed away and has left a will including some stuff for us” their mother announced which resulted in shocked looks on the faces of her children.

“We have relatives in South Korea?” Lay babbled.

“Stuff for us?” Tao asked.

Luhan sighed and shook his head “How come we’ve never heard of this relative before?”

“Oh I guess we haven’t ever really felt the need to talk about our far away family, she’s a half great aunt of yours and she was really old and kinda weird, she was really rich though so she decided to move to Korea a while ago which is why you never got to meet her” she explained as she picked up an envelope and opened it with a paper knife pulling out the inside letter.

“What does it say” the three boys pleaded in unison staring at the letter with their dark eyes pleading like puppies.

“Well I’ll skip through all the boring parts and get to our stuff then” their Mother chuckled “Wow there is a lot of names here, ah I found us! Money for me, a whole business for Yixing, a martial arts dojo for Zitao and a café for Luhan.” She read out blankly.

“Wooooo awesome!” Lay and Tao chorused.

“How come they get businesses and huge dojos and I get a puny little café?” Luhan groaned as he began to walk away from the table.

“Don’t be so ungrateful Luhan, cafés can sprout into big businesses and you get to boss everyone around and maybe make a few friends, it’ll do something to stop you playing videos and to get off your lazy and do some work” his mother tutted at him.

“Ugh fine, so when do I leave for this ‘magical’ café” Luhan sighed as he started munching cereal he had prepared for himself during the conversation.

His mother remained silent for a minute then chuckled “Well you’re gonna have to move out soon since I’m selling out your rooms for extra money, I’m gonna be rich now after all this money I just got but I figured I could get even more now I don’t have to buy food for you guys and since you won’t be living here anymore”

“Wh-what you’re throwing me out?” Luhan stuttered.

“Yep I love you son, NOW GET PACKED!” Mrs Lu yelled at her son, the relationship between Mrs Lu and her son’s was quite strange, they’d have arguments or yell at each other over the weirdest things just for the fun of it and that’s how it is. She was never really mad at her sons as she loved them very much.

“I love you too” Luhan groaned as he slumped up the stairs dragging a large neon pink suitcase with him. Why did Luhan have bright pink suitcases and various hello kitty themed slippers, stationary and what not he never really knew, still it didn’t really bother him, he thought hello kitty was rather cute ever since his mother had baked him a hello kitty cake for his 14th Birthday he didn’t mind the colour pink either, he didn’t really understand why people thought of it as a girly colour; to Luhan pink was adorable.

After he had struggled up the stairs he finally reached his messy bedroom, old plates with mouldy food, old coke cans and food wrappers were scattered everywhere; Luhan’s room looked like a pigsty or maybe that was just what the rooms looked like of most teenagers unemployed men who still lived with their families.

Luhan filled up two backpacks with all the clothes he could find in his wardrobe not that he had many in the first place; he just liked to wear the same hoodie and pair of jeans every day. In the suitcase Luhan packed his dusty old PS3, various video games, precious belongs and his secret stash of Korean modelling magazines.

If there was one thing Luhan never wanted anyone to find out about it was his secret stash of Korean modelling magazines, he absolutely adored the handsome men on the front on the magazine covers and their fancy outfits, Luhan wouldn’t like to admit it but he really did wish he could be on the front of one of those magazines.

Once he’d finished packing everything of importance into his suitcase he dragged his luggage back across the landing and down the stairs. To find his mother and younger brothers glaring at him with the most evil glints in their eyes as they held up a smart white t-shirt and smart black pants with a matching black tie.

Oh god they were gonna make Luhan wear smart clothes.

 

“Ahh get off me!”

“Don’t touch my Tao!”

“That tie is gonna strangle me Lay!”

It really was a big struggle to get lazy and relaxed Luhan out of his snug hoodie and jeans and into a smart looking outfit.

Luhan didn’t understand exactly why he was meant to wear a suit when he was just being the boss of a small café but his mother insisted which annoyed him quite a bit but he had to admit he did look good, he’d even had his hair styled and put on a bit of eyeliner.

“You’ll have all the air hostesses on the plane after you boys” Mrs Lu giggled in excitement to see her three boys all dressed up smartly ready for their new lives in Korea. She’d got them all tutoring to learn Korean since they’d been really little because of their friend’s living over in Korea who they’d often visit on vacation in the summer which was always the highlight of the boy’s years.

It was quite a shock to all of them that now they’d be living in Korea permanently with their own busy lives with many new opportunities to be had but they were all ready for what was ahead, they weren’t kids anymore.

 

The drive to the airport didn’t take long since their house was only 15 minutes away from the Beijing Airport; Mrs Lu was staring at her sons proudly with happy tears glittering in her eyes as she embraced her three boys in a tight hug.

“I’m gonna miss you three I’m so proud of you” she sobbed.

“I’m gonna miss you too Mom” Lay cried into his mother’s shoulder.

“Stop being such cry-babies you two” Tao demanded.

“We’ll all meet again right? We are family after all I don’t think any of us will change that much, Lay will always be an adorable little unicorn, Tao will always be the stern but caring little panda he is and I’ll always be silly little Luhan, no need to worry Mom we’ll be fine” Luhan stated as he gave his family one last loving squeeze.

“That’s our plane guys we gotta go” Tao alerted as he pulled his brothers away from their mother and off towards the direction of the plane.

The three of them all sat in a row in their smart suits and ties discussing about what they planned to do when they got to Korea. They all decided they’d probably head towards where they were going to stay the night then head off to their new properties. Luckily for Luhan his café had upstairs living quarters so he could just head there straight away.

It appears Luhan had fallen asleep partway through their flight as he received a nudge from Lay to awake him now that they had arrived at their destination. He let out a little yawn before stumbling to his feet and out of the aeroplane with his two brothers behind him.

“Do we have to do the whole crying and goodbye thing again?” Tao sighed.

Luhan and Lay giggled and pounced on Tao “We’ll miss you”

“Get off me you guys you’ll ruin my Gucci bag!” Tao yelled pushing his brothers off him “yeah I’ll miss you crazy boys too”

After the brief farewell they all went their separate ways catching taxis to their chosen destinations.

 

Everything was so new to Luhan, everything looked so different than back in Beijing and it’d take a while to get used to speaking Korean all the time. He gave the driver the address of the café which he had not been given the name of yet and they were on their way.

The taxi stopped outside a small café, the outside was painted in pale baby blue and white with a sign hanging above the door which read Xiao Lu meaning small deer in Chinese. Luhan laughed realising now why he had been given this café. He payed the driver the taxi fare and stepped out of the car to admire his new property. There were little outside tables for if people wanted to sip their coffee and eat outside, it was so pretty outside so it must be even better inside.

 He’d received the house keys and preceded to open the door which creaked open, he heard this place had been closed for about a year now after its owner became sick and then passed away which was why it now belonged to him. It needed a good clean inside as it was quite dusty causing Luhan to sneeze. He decided cleaning would come later he wanted to have a good look around first, there were four main rooms on the bottom floor; the main room with the counter which had some tables and vending machines in it, one large room full of tables, the bathrooms and the kitchen which was a room behind the counter.

Next he decided to check out the living quarters upstairs; one bathroom, a living room and two bedrooms. Seemed pretty decent. Both bedrooms had beds and wardrobes which was good, Luhan decided to unpack his stuff into the biggest room. There was a lot to be done to get this café back in business and as popular as it had been in the good old days and Luhan was determined to get it done.

 

A month had passed and Luhan had done a lot of research on how to get his café run, he was currently looking for employees and was renting out the other upstairs room for some extra income. In fact he had his tenant coming in today to move in which was going to be an interesting experience for him.

The doorbell rung, it was rather early for Luhan considering he was still in his cute pajamas and slippers, his hair was messy too as he hadn’t had time to style it yet but answering the door was important too since he couldn’t keep his tenant waiting.

“Sorry I took so long” he spoke as he opened the door to a reveal a handsome teenage boy.

“Excuse me I was wondering where I could find Mr Lu” the boy asked in a husky voice.

Luhan froze for a second

Why is there an angel at my doorstep? Why is he looking for me? Am I dreaming? Guys like this don’t exist.

The boy had deep brown eyes the colour of melted chocolate that stared right into Luhan’s soul, his hair was a pale blonde and an iridescent glow omitted through his blonde locks, sparkling like broken glass in the sunlight.

“I-I-I am Mr Lu” he stuttered.

Oh god he looked so perfect he’s too much to handle Luhan his lips and he looks oh so very delicious… 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Notes: 

Heyy everyone!

I hope you liked the first chapter of my fanfiction, probably a little boring since it's mostly an introduction to how and why Luhan gets to his cafe in Korea etc.

Something different to my other works which are more tragic and sad, so this will be quite fun to write plus probably the longest chapter I have ever written so far!

Thanks for reading, I'd apreciate if you could subscribevotecommentreview or give some feedback, its great to know people are interested in something I enjoy writing.

Feel free to check out my other stories too!

~PreciousLittleDeer 

tumblr_mhcxp7dxXW1r39d4io1_400.gif