Solace

Solace

Jeongguk blinked his eyes open and looked around the room. He felt cold and lonely, only to realize that his older boyfriend was a few inches away from him, busily tapping on his phone. He frowned as a pout made an appearance, hand slowly reaching out to touch the older’s thigh and pinching the fabric of his grey sweats, silently asking for attention. With what had happened today, God knows he needs it. He frowned and squeezed his eyes shut when he remembered what had happened, calming himself down slightly before opening them again and hoping that he’d be smothered in hugs soon.

Jimin looked down, slightly startled but smiled when he saw the younger male look up at him in what was supposed to be an angry expression but turned out to look as menacing as a puppy with the way his cheek was smushed against a pillow with what might be the cutest pout Jimin’s seen.

He was slightly confused as to why Jeongguk was so disgruntled just when he’s awoken but he was more focused on the task to not laugh right into his lover’s face, knowing that he would just make the other angry. He instead, grabbed the hand that was grabbing lightly onto his sweats and laced their fingers together, giving a hum to the younger as if to say that he was listening.

As if possible, the younger frowned even more before speaking up in a whiny voice (I wasn’t whining, jeongguk would say later, and jimin would just nod with a knowing smile on his face),

“Hyung, why are you all the way over there?”

Jimin let out a confused laugh before replying, “What? I’m not supposed to?” Jeongguk let out an annoyed sigh before lightly hitting the other’s thigh, “No! You’re supposed to be here, cuddle me while I’m asleep!”

Okay, now Jimin was confused. The younger rarely ever acted like this and would rather be seen as mature and calm and that’s why Jimin didn’t engulf the younger in a hug as soon as he came in the room, just to see that his lover was asleep. He knew that the younger liked his space, so he instead sat himself beside the younger, took out his phone and waited for him to wake up.

And now Jeongguk was looking like an angry puppy, with a pout on his face and a whiny tone in his voice. Something must have happened. Not that Jimin didn’t like this side of his boyfriend, he was just worried, is all.

“Kookie, did something happen today?”

The brunette’s face changed into something that looked like sadness, frustration and helpless while avoiding eye contact.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

The sentence was mumbled and almost unheard but Jimin heard it loud and clearly, his facial expression turning into a frown as he saw how distraught the other was. He opened his arms as an invitation and felt adoration fill his heart at how quickly the brunette sat up and crawled into his arms, straddling him as a helpless whimper left the younger’s lips. The eighteen year old buried his face in his neck as his toned arms went around his shoulders. Jimin tightened his grip around the younger’s middle, locking hands around his back.

“You don’t have to tell me now. But you have to let it out later, Kook-ah.”

He felt a nod in response and everything was quiet for a minute.

And then he heard his boyfriend mutter something in the smallest voice he’s ever heard him speak in.

“Can we just sleep first? I’m so tired…”

He nodded his head and muttered an ‘of course’ before slowly laying them down onto the mattress, and sighed contently when legs tangled with his.

He looked down at the younger’s face, eyes shut and mouth still closed in a slight pout. He didn’t know what was bothering the younger, but he would still help and comfort him with whatever the problem was. Small or big.

His hands were tracing calming patterns around the younger’s back before going under his shirt and continuing what he was doing before as a way to relax him. He smiled slightly when he felt the other calm down steadily and lips pressing against his collarbone for three seconds before pulling away to nuzzle his head in his chest.

Of course he was worried, his lover was in a slump and he didn’t really know what to do. But he would try his best and would help him see the positive side in what happened. He sighed and pressed a kiss to the taller’s head, closing his eyes and drifted off into a dreamless but peaceful sleep.