WARM IN THE RAIN

The boy who loved the rain

Sorry for the long wait,but enjoy 


6 years ago when nichkhun first met him it was raining.The first rain of the season.People just like himself were trying to find shelter from the unexpected rain.

Khun ran inside a bus shelter which had only a small roof,But luckily only him and two other people were there so they had plenty of space.Khun rubbed his hands together,breathing into it and then placed them onto his freezing cheeks to get some warmth.

He looked around and his gaze soon fell on the boy and a middle aged woman who appeared the boy's mother sharing the shelter with him.

The woman had a small towel in her hand and was drying the boy's hair with it.His earlier assumption was proven right when the boy suddenly called her mother telling her that rain was beautiful.

The woman just smiled and shaked her head at her son's comment.The boy went back to looking at the rain as if it's the most intresting thing ever.He too had a smile on his face that only got wider as the rain gained more strength.

Khun found himself unable to look away from that smile, it was the most brightest thing he ever had seen.he was so captivated by it that he realised the boys mother was near him only when she gently tapped him on the shoulder.

She was offering him another towel which khun accepted with thanks."I hope you don't think my son's wierd" khun heard the woman say and stopped drying his hair.

" That boy just loves the rain you know, ever since he was kid.he says it's the most beautiful thing in the world".

" Oh no, i definetly was not thinking like that" khun clarified.The woman nodded and smiled again.Khun gave her the towel back saying thanks again.

The rain  soon started to decrease and khun looked at the boy again and saw a disappointed expression on his face.Then he suddenly turned his head probably to look for his mother.And saw her standing there with an unknown man so he came up to them .

Khun realised the boy was even more striking up close with his cute cheeks,small eyes and jet black hair.The woman looked looked at her son silently telling him to greet khun.

The boy bowed to khun which he returned "I'm wooyoung,it's nice to meet you" the boy said extending his hand which khun caught.

"I'm nichkhun"..and i never wants to let go of your hand khun wanted to say but he only did the name part.

Three years later..

"Wooyoung,khun is here for you" Mrs.jang called her son who was in his room and welcomed khun inside their house.

3 years ago when they first met and exchanged details khun had found out woo's family just moved into his neighbourhood just few days ago.And they became best friends over the years.woo had enrolled in khuns college and even better in the same class as khun's it turned out they were same age eventhough woo looked much younger.And today is their graduation day.

"Did you have breakfast?" wooyoung's mother asked khun which brought him out of his thoughts"Ofcourse,i just had it before i came".Soon woo joined them and all of them was on their way to the function.

A party was organised by their class after the graduation.So as soon they dropped woo's mother home they met up with their friends.Both were having a great time together with their freinds.The night was filled with music dancing and alchohol,not to mention the flirtious glances many girls and even boys sent towards both of them.

After the party both decided to walk home as they were so drunk to drive the car.Luckily their homes were not that far.They were walking and chatting away when the night sky suddenly started to drip,from just a few drops to a full on rain in just a few seconds.

Khun found a little shelter infront of a shop but woo just stood in the rain like he always did stretching his hands out and looking to the sky."Woo come on, you are gonna get sick! come in here" khun shouted out to his friend."I've never got sick because of rain....i'm not coming" woo replied him giggling.

"Why do you like it so much any way? It's cold,you get wet there is nothing really positive about it" khun was not backing down too."You really don't get it do you?" woo asked to which he got a shrug in reply.

"Everytime it rains.. i feel the raindrops reaching my soul,cleansing me of any regrets or sadness i have.It's just filled with so much life, the rain.Be it the smell,the sound.I feel.... I feel warm in the rain"

Hearing what woo said khun also went in and twirled once,woo saw this and laughed out loud."What are you doing?" he asked.

"Oh? I'm trying to get warm ofcourse,but nothing's happening" khun said in a mocking tone.Woo laughed more hearing khun's reply and went to stand near him."May be you just need a little sadness for it to work" woo said after a few seconds.

"What do you mean?you are not sad or anything but it works,unless... are you?sad?" khun asked suddenly worried.

"What? no,i'm fine" woo said and turned to leave but khun caught his hand."What is it? are you okay" khun asked."Maybe just a little regret" woo answered with little voice."Which is?" khun prompted him to answer.

"That i never said to my best friend that i loved him.." woo bit his lips even though it was too late top take back what he said and dreading khun's reaction.A few seconds passed with nothing happening the only sound surrounding them was the pitter-patter of the rain.

Woo realised maybe khun never thought of him that way,he released his hand's from khun's and took a step backwards wanting to leave.But he wasn't able to move any further away as he found himself pulled forward and in khun's embrace.

"You fool, i love you too" khun said the words woo always wanted to hear but could not believe his ears."Really?" he asked to make sure."Yes,i was in love with you from the moment i saw you.We both were fools not saying how we really felt like scared of others reaction".Woo pulled out from khun's embrace and looked into khuns eyes finding sincerity there.

Both realised their faces were really close to each other and they didn't know who leaned in first but soon they were kissing each other in the rain.Warm with their feelings eventhough it was raining hard....


There is one more chapter to this fic so please wait for it.