-Final-

Careless Wisper (나는 왜)

Word count: 457

 

Maybe it started with their passive aggressive actions. None of them speaking up about the obvious problem none of them could solve on their own

Perhaps it was when they started ignoring each other, only speaking to each other if they really really had to.

Or maybe their road was supposed to come to a dead end. 

 

***

 

Naeun doesn't want to hurt anyone. She wants to be happy but Chorong is like a brick wall sometimes.

She doesn't help, nor move. She doesn't speak or look unless she have to.

Naeun starts to grow tired of the elder's stoic behavior. The woman who only does what she personally needs and not more. 

 

***

 

Chorong doesn't seem to understand but she doesn't try to understand either. 

Naeun tries, at first to be as kind as she can but Chorong doesn't open up. Her walls are so high neither can tell if Chorong is locking herself in or keeping Naeun out.

 

***

 

Chorong tells the younger that she has to remind her. That she's not used to this life style. 

But their steps still doesn't seem to match in pace. 

And this time it's not only Chorong's fault.

 

***

 

Naeun has grown tired and annoyed. Chorong still doesn't seem to care but this time it's because Naeun's glasses has been tinted with red. 

A annoyingly burning red.

 

***

 

No matter what, Naeun can't see Chorong's efforts. Though Chorong tries. 

She's stoic on the outside but fragile on the inside. 

But who can tell, when her walls are so many and so high. It's difficult to breath around her or look at her sometimes. 

She doesn't seem to care, rather she pretends she doesn't.

Chorong tries to be strong by herself. Even if she can't trust or belive in herself she tries to stand upright.

Because she's so focused on being strong by herself yet her efforts goes to waste. 

 

***

 

The road that doesn't lead to anywhere seems to be the preechosen way Chorong can't leave.

Her lonely heart and soul keeps walking in circles.

The darkness all light and happiness.

Yet again Chorong has managed to lose another precious person because of her carelessness.

Maybe she won't be so careless if she only wispers in the future.

Chorong figures that by herself she's cursed to hurt even those who shouldn't be.

After all time passed.

Even Chorong's wispers in the dark. It seems careless and stoic to Naeun's ears.

 

***

 

It doesn't matter how or why it started

It's too late now

The bridges are burned and Chorong crosses her fingers that they will light the way. 

Now that it has ended

Life doesn't quite seem so alright anymore, Chorong thinks she's better of dead.

Naeun just thinks Chorong should leave.