Home

Home - Hoya

Bursts of light flashed through the window panes, lighting up the bedrooms around the dorm, thunder rolled and vibrated the lightly placed objects as a few of the members stirred underneath their ivory white blankets. Soft snores and hums slipped from their sleeping forms all cozy and warm underneath their blankets.

A different light lit up the small room, a chime began to play with the incoming call as the screen continued to shine into the dark room. The chime continued to play as a hand fumbled from under the covers and rubbed a pair of eyes. Shuffling of the sheets accompanied the chime as a half asleep body rolled over, sliding his thumb over the screen to answer the call, he lifted the phone up and pressed it against his ear before laying his head back down in the pillow.

“Hello?” The sleepy man mumbled, a yawn slipping from his lips as his eyes closed slowly as another flash of light lit up his room.

“Morning Sleepyhead” You cooed cheerfully as you leaned against the headboard of the hotel bed.

A smile pulled onto his lips as he perked up a little, “Hey cutie, what are you up to?”

“Just getting ready for the last meeting of this business trip” Your finger tips traced the creases of the comforter covering your lower half.

“You’ll do great, just remember to breathe and wow them with all of the smart stuff in your head” He giggled, his fingers playing with the hair on his head slowly, pretending that he is playing with your hair instead of his own.

“Thanks Hoya” His comment made you smile as your eyes dropped down to gaze at the wedding ring around your finger. “Before I forget, could you go pick up Isabella from your parent’s house?”

“Sure babe, what time do you need me to pick her up?” A smile pulled Hoya’s lips a little tighter as they lifted upwards at your request.

“Anytime you have a moment, like after your schedule or something, your parents are going with your brothers for the afternoon” You relayed to him as he hummed softly.

“Will do, I will pick her up and she can have some Daddy time” Hoya smiled, his eyes opening slowly to watch the shadows quickly appear on the walls with another flash of lightning. “When are you coming home?”

“Probably tomorrow or the day after” You ran your fingers through your hair, pulling the covers off to one side, you slid your legs off of the bed and slowly walked over to your wardrobe and thumbed through the few outfits you brought with you.

“Okay, we will be expecting you” Hoya smiled, his head rolling over to see the time on the clock next to the bed. “You should probably get ready and don’t forget to eat something, I know how you ignore food when you get nervous.” His voice was sweet with love and concern for you, your heart slowly sped up as blush gently warmed your cheeks.

“I’ll eat something, you have fun with Izzie today and tomorrow and be good Mister” You giggled at your nickname you called him from time to time.

“I love you sweetie. Fighting!” Hoya rested on his back , his free hand laid over his chest, slowly rising and falling with each breath.

“I love you too, have fun” You kissed the phone before you ended the call and took a deep breath before pulling out the outfit you decided on to change into.

Hoya slid his phone back onto the bedside table before resuming his sleeping position he was in before you called him.

“Your wife knows the perfect time to call” Sunggyu sarcastically mumbled as Hoya rolled over, sitting up on his elbow.

“She does and she loves me more than she loves you” Hoya stuck out his tongue before he laid back down with his canines showing proudly.

Drifting off into a light sleep, the rest of the members slowly woke from their night sleep, after a few hours Infinite was all up and lounging in the living room, some played games on their phones meanwhile Dongwoo and Sungjong traced rain drops rolling down the window, racing each others rain drops to see which drop was the fastest.

“Ah I’m so bored!” Sungyeol whined, spreading his body out like a starfish across the hardwood floors.

“Don’t we have practice today?” Woohyun questioned from the kitchen while filling up his water bottle and placing it in the refrigerator.

“The lobby flooded from all of the water, so the power went out in the studio” Myungsoo mumbled against the pillow that was cuddled between his arms, his eyes closed while he tried to catch a few more minutes of sleep.

“It is about noon, I need to go pick someone up, someone could come with me” Hoya stood up from the couch, returning the couch pillow on the cushion behind him as he stretched his arms upwards.

“Who are you picking up?!” Dongwoo spun around, his eyes wide with curiosity.

“Didn’t you hear the call this morning?!” Sunggyu sternly remarked, as Dongwoo sheepishly shook his head from side to side.

“We were sleeping” Sungjong tilted his head cutely from one side to the other, showing his innocence.

“Who are you going to pick up?!” Dongwoo repeated his question from earlier.

“Isabella~” Hoya sang sweetly, before stepping over Sunggyu’s body, lightly tapping his foot on Sunggyu’s stomach.

“YAH!” Sunggyu shot his eyes open, his hands fumbling around trying to grasp Hoya’s ankle.

Bouncing away happily un-captured, Hoya laughed, “Maybe next time, Lazy Gyu”

Slipping into a pair of jeans and pulling over a white t shirt over his head, Hoya rolled up the sleeves slightly so they were small cuffs over his shoulders. Picking out a black jacket, he pulled it over his white shirt and fixed his hair before making his way back out to the guys.

“Is anyone going to come with me?” Hoya questioned, slipping his wallet into his back pocket and his phone into the pocket of his coat.

“No thanks! We are going to surprise her with things to do!” Dongwoo happily chirped as he moved around the floor, laying out papers.

“Okay then” Hoya pulled some keys out of the basket of keys, “See you guys in a little bit.”

With mumbled goodbyes, Hoya exited the dorm and slipped his hands into his pockets of his jacket as he made his way out to the parking lot. Pressing one of the buttons on the key fob, the front and rear lights flashed on and off signaling Hoya that the car was unlocked. Making his way to the drivers’ door, he pulled open the handle and slid into the drivers seat.

Pressing the start button on the car’s dashboard, lights lit up the dash as the engine started up, purring softly, Hoya pulled the seat belt over himself and clicked it into place before shifting the car into drive. Pulling out of the parking lot, he plugged his phone into the speaker system and shuffled a favorite playlist downloaded onto his phone.

Humming and singing along to the songs, he traveled the hour to his parent’s home. Guiding the car up the paved driveway, he pulled up close to the door as the rain continued to fall heavily to the earth below. Parking the car, he turned off the engine and ran up to the front door, thankful that his parents had a small porch to take refuge under.

Ringing the doorbell, a loud crash of thunder boomed after a blade of lightning sliced across the sky. A yelp came from inside as Hoya’s heart skipped a beat thinking that it was his little girls’ scream. The locks were quickly undone and the door slowly opened, his father’s older complexion filling up the space between the door and the door frame.

“Hoya, so good to see you” His father smiled and opened the door a little wider letting Hoya come inside.

“Good to see you too” Hoya hugged his dad for a moment until his eyes went to his mom holding Isabella in her arms.

“Is something wrong with Izzie?” Hoya questioned, pulling away from his father as he watched her hold onto his mom tightly.

“She apparently doesn’t like thunderstorms very much, after what your brothers told her last night” His father informed Hoya.

Taking in a deep breath, Hoya adverted his eyes trying to contain his anger towards his brothers. Hoya’s father closed the door as he slipped off his shoes and slowly approached his mother.

“Hey Mom, Hi Izzie” Hoya cooed, trying to catch her eyes with his.

“Hoya, look at how handsome you look today” His mother beamed as she kissed his cheek gently while rubbing Izzie’s back. Hoya’s eyes widened as he noticed a completely different change in his daughter. Usually running and jumping and playing, his daughter was super active just like he was, yet this was a new side of her that he would only see if she was sick; totally calm, not moving with her arms folded into her chest and her eyes closed.

Seeing the slight panic behind Hoya’s eyes, his mom leaned into him whispering, “She didn’t sleep very well last night due to the storm, so she may want to take a nap later. Otherwise she was a perfect little girl. She even gave your brothers a run for their money.”

Hearing this, he smiled and nodded happy to hear that she wasn’t sick. “Was she good for the two of you?” Hoya looked at his mom and dad knowing that she can be quite a handful and sassy beyond measure.

“Nothing we couldn’t handle” His mother smiled

“We raised you after all” Hoya’s father patted Hoya’s shoulder firmly causing Hoya to laugh softly, showing his pearly white teeth.

Raising up a hand, he gently rested it on Isabella’s back. “Izzie, it’s me”

His mom turned around so Hoya could look at her, Isabella’s eyes slowly opened, her brown eyes peeking out from under her long ebony eyelashes.

“Hi Daddy” Her sweet voice cooed

“Do you want to spend the rest of your vacation with Daddy so Grandma and Grandpa Lee can go take care of your uncles?” Hoya’s fingers gently brushed across the exposed skin on her arm as she stayed still for a moment before nodding her head against Mrs. Lee’s shoulder.

Holding out his hands, she moved back and lifted her arms so Hoya could shuffle her to his arms instead. Hoya and his mom made the exchange as Hoya set Izzie on his hip, his arm underneath her as her arms wrapped around his shoulders lightly.

“Thank you guys so much for taking care of her, we will be back to visit soon” Hoya smiled as he kissed his Mom and bowed to his father.

His father handed Hoya Izzie’s pink dufflebag, lifting it onto his shoulder, his parents walked him to the door as he slipped on his shoes. The grandparents bid their goodbyes to Isabella and their son, Hoya, before Hoya headed out in the rain trying to shield his little girl from the rain.

Opening the car, he pulled open the back door and leaned into the car, carefully depositing her in the back seat on her booster seat. Pulling her bag off of his shoulder, he placed it on the floor under her feet as she sat back in her seat.

Buckling her in, Hoya checked to make sure she was secure a few times before he closed the back door and took his seat behind the wheel. Starting the car, he lifted his eyes to the rear view mirror, his brown eyes watched his daughter slouch in her seat.

“Is something wrong, baby girl?” Hoya buckled himself in, turning on the windshield wipers to rid the rain off the windshield.

“I don’t like storms… they’re scary” Izzie played with her fingers as she pulled her blanket up over her legs, her eyes lifting and looking out the window before a snap sounded and lightning blitzed across the sky, thunder rolling on after. A little yelp escaped her lips as she leaned in towards the center of the car.

“It’s okay, sweetie. I’m right here, Daddy is right here” Hoya reached back with his right hand as he blindly found her hand and slid his hand into hers. She held onto his hand tightly as his thumb brushed over her fingers.

“Is it okay with you if we go play with the boys at the dorm?” Hoya turned around as he watched her little head nod up and down, her damp hair slightly sticking to her skin.

“Don’t let go” Izzie whispered, her hand gripping his tighter.

“I didn’t plan on letting go” He smiled and put the car into drive, with his left hand he guided the car down the road back to the dorm.

The storm continued to pound against the car harshly, the loud music almost getting drown out from the waves of water pouring over the car. Hoya played a playlist that he made especially for his daughter as he turned up the volume some more so she could hear the songs over the storm outside.

After a long ride in the car, Hoya pulled into the parking lot and turned off the car before he turned around in his seat to see his daughter with her eyes closed and her hand tightly wrapped around his fingers.

“We’re here, Izzie” Hoya smiled as he started to slip his hand out of hers. When she felt his hand start to leave, she pulled it closer to her as her large eyes opened and looked into his.

“It’s okay, we will go inside and everything will be fine” Hoya brought her small hand up and kissed her knuckles gently.

“Okay” She whispered softly, slowly releasing her hand from his, he made sure to get his phone and slipped it into his pocket before opening his door and exiting his seat.

Closing the drivers’ door, he opened her as she had already unbuckled herself with her arms up and ready for him to hold her. Her arms s around his muscular neck and held him tightly while Hoya grabbed her bag and shut the car door with his hip.

With the rain coming down in soaking sheets, Hoya held Izzie tightly as he tried to run as smoothly as he could with her in his arms. Running across the parking lot, the two of them made it to the dorm as he pushed open the door and stepped inside. Shutting the door with his shoulder, Hoya knelt down and let Izzie’s bag down beside them as he eased Izzie down onto the tile floor. Unwrapping her arms from around his neck, Hoya pulled off her jacket before untying her shoes before his.

“Isabella!” Woohyun called brightly, trotting over to her, he knelt down as she slowly looked over at him and walked into his arms.

“Hi Woohyun, Oppa” She wrapped her arms lightly around him as Hoya slipped off his shoes and hung up their jackets.

“You hug Woohyun before me?!” Sungyeol gasped as he knelt down and opened his arms to her, she smiled as Woohyun let her go and she wrapped her arms around Sungyeol.

Hoya grabbed her duffel bag and made his way to his room, Izzie watched her father shuffle across the floor to his bedroom. She continued to hold Sungyeol as Dongwoo popped up in front of her eyes.

“What would you like to play?!” Dongwoo’s eyes were tiny crescent moons as his smile spread across his face.

“What can we play?” Isabella whispered softly, causing the members to look at one another in suspicion.

“Well Sunggyu can teach you a new song, we can have a fashion show with Sungjong and Myungsoo can take pictures, we can color and draw or we can paint each others nails too.” Sungjong listed off a few activities as Hoya stepped out of the bedroom, his jacket off and his white shirt showing as he headed into the kitchen, seeing what food he could make for his little princess and himself.

“What would you like to do first?” Woohyun probed softly, his hand rubbing her back gently.

“We can start with the song” Isabella whispered as the members brought her over to the couch where Sunggyu was resting. Myungsoo padded into the kitchen as Hoya began to put together a little dinner for him and his daughter.

“Is something wrong with Izzie?” Myungsoo whispered as he helped Hoya place a few apple slices on the plate.

“She is just a little tired and shaken up from the storm” Hoya peered over at Myungsoo as he just nodded. “It is just another side of her, she will warm back up to us, we just have to help her have fun again.”

Myungsoo nodded slowly as Hoya grabbed both of the plates of food and headed into the living room, seeing the guys sit on the floor in a circle, they played some hand games as a group and then resorted to rock, paper, scissors. A small smile began to show on her lips as the guys let her win a few times just to get her smiling.

Munching on the snacks, they guys all laughed and had fun teaching her the new song that they were working on as well as singing her favorites in ear melting harmonies. Izzie finished her dinner as Sungjong took the plates and set them in the sink.

“Shall we go get dressed up for a fashion show?” Sungjong offered as Myungsoo nodded happily.

“Sure!” Isabella’s voice was brighter than before, her smile peeking out from behind her pink lips as Dongwoo showed her to Hoya’s room so she could change into a dress. Woohyun gathered a few random articles of clothing as the members outfitted themselves the best they could while Myungsoo readied his camera.

The members happily put on a small fashion show as Myungsoo clicked away pictures, capturing the quaint fashion show that soon turned into dress up with strange voices and off accents. Laughter filled the dorm, drowning out the worsening storm outside, Isabella happily laughed along as she placed different articles of clothing on different members before admiring her handy work.

“You know what would make these outfits?!” Dongwoo wrapped his arms around Isabella, pulling her into his lap.

“What?” She whispered as she rested her hands on his arms.

“Painting each others nails!” Dongwoo whispered brightly in her ear, nodding her head up and down excitedly, he released her from his hold as he jumped to his feet.

“N-Nail p-polish?” Sunggyu stammered nervously, “W-We don’t have n-nail polish”

“We do~” Sungjong happily nodded, trotting into his bedroom to give Dongwoo a hand with all of the colors.

Once all of the colors were set out on the floor, Izzie tapped her finger against her lips in thought while looking over the colors. One by one, she slowly assigned a nail polish color to each member.

“There! Now we paint each others nails!” Izzie happily announced as she sat in Woohyun’s lap as he shook the polish and carefully began to paint her nails.

“This purple will match your completion perfectly” Dongwoo giggled as he slowly pained Hoya’s nails. With one member painting another member’s nails, Sunggyu glared at Izzie not liking the idea of his nails being a sparkling, vibrant red.

Once one person’s nails were done, they let them dry before switching. One by one, they all finished up and made sure their freshly painted fingers were dry before showing them off to one another.

“What do you want to do now?” Dongwoo questioned, rocking from side to side, wondering what she is going to choose next.

“We can color and then we can play tag! Cause Sungyeolie likes tag” Izzie smiled as the members happily cleaned up the nail supplies and undressed themselves a little from the props that they were still outfitted in.

Dongwoo grabbed a stack of paper, Woohyun grabbed the crayons and markers as everyone gathered around on the floor. Hoya played some generic music on his phone as everyone began coloring and drawing happily. Some members would sing some of the songs as others drew pictures for one another.

“What are you drawing?” Izzie asked Woohyun seeing large hearts across his paper.

“My heart for you” Woohyun ruffled her hair gently as she just laughed.

“That is what my daddy is drawing” Izzie pointed to Hoya’s page seeing Hoya draw their little family with purple hearts around the page.

“My heart is different from your Daddy’s” Woohyun giggled as he ticked her sides causing her to curl up in a ball on the floor. Asking what each member was drawing, she listened to all of them as they each drew her at least one picture. Signing their names, they handed them to her and made a little book as she hugged and thanked each one of them.

“Tag time!!!” Sungyeol helped clean up the area quickly as Sunggyu sat on the couch, Hoya took Izzie’s book and placed it in the room with her other things as he sat on the couch, admiring his purple nails.

Myungsoo rested on the couch as well as Woohyun, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Dongwoo readied themselves to play tag with Izzie.

Going easy on her, the members took turns and got tagged out letting her win as Izzie slowly returned to her normal self. Increasing the difficulty a little, the guys added some fun rules to the classic game as Izzie made up a few herself.

“I’m going to get you” Sungyeol wiggled his fingers as a monster would, squealing a little, Hoya watched happily from the couch as Sungyeol did a quick side step, Isabellas’ foot catching his, she flew into the air as her hands flew out in front of her bracing for the fall. Landing on her knee, she skidded across the floor, picking up a few rocks in her skin from the dirty floor.

“Are you okay?” Members flocked her as Hoya watched from the sidelines. Thinking she would get up right away, Hoya watched closely as she started to get up but sat upright as she pulled her princess dress to see her cut up knee.

“It’s just a scrape you will be okay” Woohyun reassured her as Dongwoo analyzed the cut closer.

Isabella watched a drop of blood slip from her cut skin and that is when the tears swelled up in her eyes.

“Daddy” She called out, Hoya stood up from the couch and shuffled over to her.

“We’ll go get this cleaned up” Hoya lifted her up in his arms princess style as Sungyeol sat on the floor defeated.

“I’m sorry” Sungyeol rounded his shoulders feeling as if he was at fault for the dull of the mood and her getting hurt.

Meanwhile, Hoya placed Izzie on the counter top of the vanity in the bathroom, carefully pulling out the first aid kit, he slowly cleaned her wound with only a few hisses from his daughter’s lips. Kissing her head after he placed a Hello Kitty bandage across her scrape, he lifted her up into his arms and carried her out to the other guys.

“I’m sorry Izzie…” Sungyeol confronted her, his head hanging low.

“It is okay Yeolie” Izzie leaned over and kissed the top of his head before poking his cheek playfully, a smile curled on Sungyeol’s lips as Hoya kissed her cheek.

“Can you read me a story?” Izzie questioned as the guys started to yawn a little here and there.

“Sure, sweetheart” Hoya smiled as he grabbed her blanket, turning off all of the lights except for the soft glow of the lamp next to them, the guys laid on the floor as Hoya reached over and grabbed his phone from the table beside them once he was seated on the couch.

Pulling up her favorite story, he turned the phone so it was horizontal, the colorful illustrations filled the screen of his phone as he began to read. With every page, Isabella slowly swiped her finger across the screen as some of the pages had animations on them. Slowly, Hoya took over the turning of the pages as she curled up on his lap. Her head rested on his chest as her breathing slowed and her body relaxed against his.

Looking around the room, he smiled seeing everyone else asleep as well. Placing a soft kiss on Izzie’s head, he returned to the story. Finishing the story, he turned off his phone and pulled the blanket up on Izzie’s shoulder. Making sure she was comfy, he rubbed her back.

The front door handle twisted slowly, Hoya perked his head up, adrenaline at the ready if it was an intruder. Heels against the tile set him slightly at ease until you came into the soft light of the lamp.

“Now this is what I was missing” You whispered a smile playing on your lips as you slowly slipped off your heels and locked the front door before padding across the hardwood to the slight opening on the couch beside Hoya.

Without hesitation, he opened his arm for you as you sat down next to him and folded your legs up under you.

“I thought you were supposed to be home tomorrow” Hoya whispered against your forehead after he placed a loving, gentle kiss against your skin.

“The deal went through faster than anticipated” You smiled, leaning into his shoulder as his arm wrapped around you. Smiling brightly, he was happy for your successful trip as his fingers spread out along your back, wrapping around your side.

“Besides I couldn’t miss this” You smiled as you wrapped your arms around him, mindful of Izzie sleeping in his arms. Your eyes slowly traveled over her sleeping figure, until your eyes landed on Hoya’s purple painted nails.

“That color really suits you” You smile, your fingers brushing against his as he blushed and pulled you closer to him.

“That was her idea” He tried to explain.

“Ah, and the other members have their nails painted too because…” You sang softly, your head tilting upwards to meet his eyes.

“It was her idea” Hoya reassured you once again as you just hummed not fully believing him, since the manicure was very nicely done unlike your daughters messy nails she would paint on you.

“I’m sure it was” You smiled leaning up and kissing his cheek softly, however, Hoya had another idea in mind. Turning his head slightly, he caught your lips with his instead.

A smile pulled onto the corner of your lips as you adjusted your kiss slightly while your eyes closed in bliss. His lips slowly moved with yours, his arm around you pulled you flush against his body. The dynamic of the kiss was deep, full of love, yet comfortable and welcoming. Resting one of your hands on his cheek, you brushed your thumb over his cheek as you hummed softly at the enchanting kiss.

Slowly breaking for air, he rested his forehead against yours, his brown eyes speaking volumes while your eyes locked with his.

“Don’t leave for a business meeting again, I missed you too much” Hoya whispered softly, “We missed you too much” He corrected himself.

“I missed you too” You whispered as the two of you slowly settled down in each others arms.

Hoya leaned over and turned off the lamp as another storm rumbled in, but this time it was a comfortable storm, one that lulled everyone to sleep as you slept with family and close friends making anywhere there were feel like home.