Nothing Better Than You

Nothing Better Than You - Hoya

Lavender paper outfitted the small boxes and presents while white ribbons wrapped around them and were tied into a neat bow on top. Humming softly to the songs playing from your laptop, your fingers were busy at work, finishing up the tags for the presents that were neatly wrapped and placed on the coffee table of your living room. 

Clicking on another video, you expanded the video to fill your whole screen on your laptop, humming along softly to the melody and creating some harmonies from time to time, you happily softly sung along to the songs playing while pulled out some butcher paper and drew out large bubble letters. Filling the entire banner with HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOYA!, you traced your bubbled letters with chalk and then filled in the letters with different pictures and memories that the two of you shared together.

One song morphed into another allowing time to tick by faster than you expected, your voice continued to sing along to his songs after the third time listening to the songs on your playlist. Wanting to finish your birthday surprise before tomorrow, you worked hard into the night, hanging the banner above your fireplace, the presents remained on the coffee table as the cupcakes that you made awaited being made until tomorrow.

Glancing up at the large clock that hung on one of your smaller walls, a yawned forced your mouth open, your hand covering your mouth while your legs pushed you up off of the floor. Looking around your small apartment once more, you checked off your mental list of things to do.

Locking up the house, you sleepily shuffled to your bedroom, turning off your lights, you slipped your legs under the covers of your bed and closed your eyes, a smile playing on your lips of the thought of tomorrow and the surprises that awaited him.

Covers lightly draped over your figure, the pure morning rays slowly bleeding in through the large windows and filling your apartment with the morning sun. A key slowly slid into your front door, unlocking the door and pushing it open. Exhausted feet slowly shuffled across the hardwood before slipping the pair of shoes off, white socks with purple accents met the floor, closing the door behind him, he locked it once again as he lifted the bag off of his shoulder and eased it down on the floor next to his pair of shoes.

Rubbing his eyes, he hummed softly while a yawn slipped from his pink lips, padding across the hardwood, his tired eyes scanned your living room as his feet slowed to a halt, his eyes waking slightly to see the large banner over the fireplace. The purple presents sat beautifully on the glass coffee table, his pink lips happily curled upwards, showing his pearly white canines in the process.

Slipping his hands into his pockets lightly, he rotated his head slightly to gaze down the hallway to your bedroom, knowing that you were asleep, he quietly made his way to your room. Twisting the silver handle to your bedroom, he slowly opened the white door to see your sleeping form cozy under the covers.

Stepping into your room, he ed his white button up shirt, hanging it on the back of your desk chair, he closed the door and wondered to the open side of the bed. Easing himself down next to you, he slowly slid his body against yours, cradling his head on his palm, he admired you for a few moments before leaning down and pressing his lips against your temple sweetly.

Settling down under the covers with you, his arm draped over the dip on your side, your back was pressed flush against his chest as his other hand played with your hair. Not long after, he was fast asleep, a smile formed on his lips feeling the warmth of her body against his.

The rest of the night faded into the morning, the sun brightening your room with ease, turning over to avoid the sun, you hummed slightly once you bumped into something. Opening your eyes slowly, you heard a soft groan slip from a body that laid next to you. Cautiously, you rolled over, your eyes lifting to see the face of the strange man that laid in your bed.

Preparing yourself for anything, you closed your eyes before you opened them to a welcomed sight. Brown beautiful hair slowly tossed on his head, his beautiful black eyelashes fanning out from his reddened eyelids, the pink lips of his slightly agape as he breathed through his mouth. Raising your hand, your fingertips brushed his beautiful hair out of his closed eyes then trailed down his cheek and across his jawline as he hummed softly.

Hoya’s strong arm that draped over you, slowly pressed against your back and pulled you closer to him, his hand slowly rubbed your back as he settled back down. His bare chest rose and fell with every breath he took, his darker skin contrasting with white duvet as his tired face pressed into the white pillow.

“Did you have a fun night with the guys?” You whispered knowing that he went out with his friends to a nearby club, celebrating his birthday the next day.

“I did” He answered after a little bit of time, jumping from his sudden answer, he rubbed your back while his brown eyes opened to meet yours. “I hope you don’t mind me staying the night?”

“I wouldn’t have given you the spare key if I minded you spending the night” You lightly, a smile pulling on his lips while his kind eyes twinkled in the morning light now filling your room.

“I loved the decorations by the way, and the presents look fantastic” His brown eyes slid closed towards the end of his comment, your heart began beating faster and slightly sinking as you knew that your surprise was ruined.

“Y-You weren’t supposed to see those” You whispered, slightly pulling away from him.

“Where are you going?” Hoya chuckled, his eyes opening slightly to watch you

“To try and surprise you” You huffed lightly, not wanting his birthday to be entirely ruined. Sitting up, he retracted his arm from you and watched you slide your legs out from under the covers.

Reaching out and grabbing your wrist as you stood up, he pulled you back down onto the bed as the momentum rolled you right into his arms.

“Just stay right here… with me” He whispered into the crook of your neck.

The soft sensation of his lips made contact with your neck, leaving a few small, elongated kisses across your skin.

“What about your birthday, and the presents and the surprise?” You questioned, trying to not enjoy the attention he gave you, meanwhile, his arms tightened around your waist, pulling your body flush against his. Lifting his head from your neck, his beautiful eyes met yours, his fingers dancing through your hair while tucking it behind your ear.

“I couldn’t ask for anything on my birthday than you”