chapter 1

Scared of Yourself

The sound of thunder startled the tiny creature, causing her to curl her tail even further around herself. Small whimpers escaped her as she saw each flash of lightning. Usually Sunny would try to keep the storm calmer until Hyoyeon fell asleep, but she wasn't in their home at the time to help. Another whimper came out of the violet skinned monsted, as she hid her head between her legs. How she wished one of her sisters would find her. 

The door across the room creaked open, a small silver head pocking inside. 

"Unnie?" The voice questioned, stepping further into the room to try and find her sister. Hyoyeon whimpered once again, and the other person quickly made their way across to them. 

"Unnie! Whats wrong?" The other montser spoke quitely, gently placing her thin hand onto the others back. 

"J-Juhyun, I don't like the rain." Juhyun nodded, quickly picking up her unnie. 

"Well, lets find a place where the rain can't hurt us, alright?" Hyoyeon nodded, and Juhyun carried her to the kitchen. Hyoyeon continued to shake at every loud noise. The ghosts tried to calm her down, tried to comfort her, but memories filled her head of what had happened the last time she heard something this loud. 


It was back when was but 6 years old, and had just became close friends with her protector, Sooyoung. On a walk back from picking up a package for her mother, Hyoyeon could feel something wrong, all the spirits were vanished. She had stopped her friend. 

"Sooyoung...I think something bads gonna happen." The taller girl stopped her walk, glancing down at her shorter friend. She grinned, ruffling the white hair on the others head. 

"Well, I'll just have to fight those bullies again then." Hyoyeon giggled, but shooke her head. 

"No, something worse, I don't know what, but just, my chest feels funny." Sooyoung raised an eyebrow, before grasping at the others hand. A rumble shook the ground just then, Sooyoung immeaditely pulling Hyoyeon with her onto the side near a wall. Sooyoung glanced around trying to see what it was, before she knew it, monsters of every kind where running away from their village, some screaming, some uttering spells of protection. 

"Soo..sooyoung" Sooyoung turned to Hyoyeon, finding the others eyes to be scared. Sooyoung crouched down, bringing a hand to Hyoyeon's head. 

"Its alright, we just need to get back to Miss Nightmare's store and wait this out ok." Hyoyeon nodded, and slitently started to float next to Sooyoung. Just as Sooyoung was about to tell her to start running, a massive explosion happened very close to the girls. The ground was torn up, pieces on concreate thrown around, fire setting everywhere. When Hyoyeon was finally able to sit up again, she was covered with dirt, and could feel cuts all along her legs. She shouted out for Sooyoung, but wouldn't work, she just coughed. 

She heard another rumble, and looked up to find even more monters trampling towards her, she started to sob, but could barely hear herself over the harsh sounds. 'this is it...mama...papa..please save me'. 

Hyoyeon was grabbed, felt her horn being pulled away from her. When she looked up, she found Sooyoung, whom was bleeding from a cut on her cheak. Sooyoung hugged Hyoyeon, squeezing her so tightly. Hyoyeon hugged her back just as tight. Their faces were covered with dirt, blood, and tears. What was going on? Hyoyeon was sat upon Sooyoungs back, so they could stay together. From this view, Hyoyeon was able to see over the walls and into her village. She could see the fires. She could see her home.

"MAMA!"


"Unnie!" Hyoyeon snapped out of her thoughts, now sitting on the counter and staring at Juhyun's worried gaze. 

"Y-yes? what's wrong?" Hyoyeon questioned. Juhyun sighed, shaking her head before turning around. 

"Do you want tea or coco?" Hyoyeon glanced around. 

"Coco please" Juhyun nodded. Hyoyeon sighed, pushing slowly off the counter, and shakily making her way to Juhyun's back. She wrapped her arms around the tallers waist. 

"I don't want to make you worry. I'm alright. I know that I have you here to protect me from anything. So don't worry, ok? You have to listen to me, I'm the unnie." Juhyun turned around hugging Hyoyeon. 

"Just, come to me when you're scared. I may not be able to help as well as the other girls, but I can still be here to block out the noise." Hyoyeon nodded, cuddling into Juhyun's sweater. The two stayed like that, wrapped in each others arms, and when the storm passed, they stayed like that for a little while. Hyoyeon wasn't alone anymore, she had people to protect her. And she had people she needed to protect. 


So, I know it has been a while, but what do you think? This isn't very ship, more friendship. But you may be curious as to what this 'monster' bussiness is, yes? I have an au of sorts for Soshi, and I had actually started writing it on my writing blog but I just never continued it. However, i've been getting into it a bit more and I'd like to continue it. I'm not sure how long it'd take for me to get a second chapter out, but I think this little drabble holds a bit of a preview in it. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you'll check out that first chapter of Let the Monsters Rise. Thank you for reading! ^^