Was Our Love A Lie?

Was Our Love A Lie?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol and Juliana lived a happy marriage life together. Being together everything was perfect. But in their little family they were incomplete without a child to call their own.

But one day what was once beautiful turns out to be heartbreaking. It all started when Chanyeol started to stay out too late far too often and they were arguing far more often than ever. Then Chanyeol became bolder started coming home drunk and smelling like alcohol and perfume.

“YOU WERE NEVER HOME? AND WORST OFF YOU ARE DRUNK!”

“SHUT UP! I CAN’T THINK WITH YOU YELLING!! SO ANNOYING!”

Those were some of the arguments between them. It gotten so bad that Juliana soon became worst when Chanyeol started to smell more different and acting more peculiar every single day and Juliana was not happy.

It happened one rainy day when Juliana was busy cleaning the house rearranging all the furniture when the door of their small home opened and Chanyeol appeared smiling widely. Behind him was a young woman, no younger than herself smiling.

"Oppa...why are you home so early? Who is this?" Juliana ask surprised.

He saw her smiled widely

"I asked for leave for today. Juliana, I want you to meet someone" he brought the young woman to the front facing her. "I'd like to introduce you to Jaesi. She is my wife and from now on she will be living with us. Wouldn't that be great?"

Juliana was bewildered. She was too shocked to even react when Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Jaesi's tummy rubbing it lovingly as he continued "Best part is, she is pregnant with my baby. Aren't we lucky Juliana?"

Juliana teared up slightly nodded and answered "That's good. Welcome to the family Jaesi. Excuse me" She left the couple and went to the bathroom as she cried. Too heartbroken with the sudden news.

*How could he?!* She thought as she sat under the shower, bawling her eyes out. She spent the next hour in the bathroom as she cried fallen asleep.

She left the bathroom eyes were red and puffy. She found the home she have been living in quiet, She knew the couple have already gone out. She never felt more alone.

Two months later:

Juliana was exhausted. Recently she's been feeling ill. She have been feeling weak and often vomiting. She often could not get up but by will she get up again to prepare food and be the "maid" to Chanyeol and Jaesi.

She got to the kitchen and cooked Jaesi's favorite food. Because she is pregnant Juliana have to go everywhere to get the ingredients for the food she cooked.

As she thought about the weeks after Jaesi's arrival it became a maid in her own home. Being told what to do and being accused by Jaesi who was going through hormonal changes.

Often because of the accusations, Chanyeol who never once would hurt Juliana would hurt Juliana. Often being bruised slightly or just was smacked she received it painlessly.

But behind closed doors, she cries. She cries till she fell asleep without food often. Crying all alone in the small guestroom, when Chanyeol threw her out of their shared bedroom.

Juliana brought the food to the bedroom and knocked curtly opening the door and came in to find Jaesi sprawled out on the bed her stomach exposed showing the baby bump.

Juliana felt like crying every time she look at Jaesi's tummy. Putting down the food on the table, she quietly left the room and went to start cleaning up and washing

She heard something banging and door being pulled open. Jaesi came to her and slapped her. With the food she threw it at Juliana.

"What is this? This is not the food that I want! Make it again! I want rice rolls!! And put onions in them!"

Jaesi crossed her arms across her chest in annoyance as she watched Juliana got the food that was spilled all over and the tray as well as glass and plate and got the floor cleaned up as she cooked the food under the watchful eyes of Jaesi who was glaring at her vehemently.

As she made the rice rolls and put a lot of onions. She finished making them and gave to Jaesi and went back to cleaning the house. She took a glance at Jaesi who now already lay on the sofa watching a drama.

After finishing cleaning she found Jaesi fast asleep. Putting on a blanket on her she decided to start on lunch.

She took out vegetables and meat making some side dishes as she cook rice putting the food on the table. She decided to eat first then called Jaesi who accidentally kicked Juliana on the face. The pregnant woman pouted and went to sit at the table as Juliana starts cleaning up.

Jaesi threw the rice at Juliana and pouring water onto her as she yelled

"Your food tastes disgusting. Go buy me some tteokbokki instead now!"

Juliana pouted as she wiped her face with a towel and  went to her room to get her purse as she goes out of the house and onto the busy streets looking around for a tteokbokki stall.

After buying two packets of it knowing Jaesi would want more Juliana walked home. On the way she met some neighbors greeting them politely as she was nearing the house.

When Juliana came in she saw the house was in a mess. Broken plates were all over the kitchen floor. The living room was like a warzone.

On the sofa was Jaesi eating chips while watching a drama again.

"Jaesi what is going on here? Why is the house in a mess?"

Jaesi turned her head towards her facing her "Just coz. You need to clean it up before Chanyeol gets home"

Jaesi continued  while munching on the chips. Juliana sighed and was about to clean when Chanyeol came in with a teddy bear and food.

"I'm home... Wow what happened here? Juliana why didn't you clean the house?"

Juliana was about to reply when Jaesi came running to him and cuddled onto him pouting

"I told her to clean up but she just got mad at me and left the house."

"Is this true Juliana? Didn't I tell you to clean up and not leave Jaesi home alone? What if something happens to her and the baby?"

Juliana felt like crying. Everyday she get accused. Nothing severe but it made her mad that Jaesi is doing this on purpose. She looked down on the tile floor and grip onto her blouse, knuckles getting white.

"Juliana go to your room. I will talk about this later. Come on Jaesi let's get you to bed."

Chanyeol left with Jaesi who was smirking as they went to the bedroom. Juliana sighed and decided to cleaned up everything then went to her room.

She laid in bed looking up onto the white wash ceiling above her and a single tear fell down from her eyes.

She misses his hugs.  He never touched her anymore and every time he would be looking like a beast. An angry beast.

*Why does my life have come to this? I don't deserve this. How could he forget me so quickly. *

She fell asleep crying not knowing Chanyeol came in and saw her fast asleep doesn't have the heart to disturb he he sighed and left the room.

Five months later:

Juliana felt even more ill. Jaesi has started giving her some sort of juice recently forcing Juliana to drink it all. Juliana often gets sicker and sicker that she often couldn't get up from bed.

Chanyeol who was too busy being with Jaesi to even notice. Juliana decided to go to the hospital. Juliana left th house unnoticed as she walk along the roads headed towards the main roads.

She greeted some of her neighbors and soon got into a taxi. As she was on the way she thought about current situation. She sighed as she entered the taxi stopped right in front of the main lobby of the hospital as she descended from the taxi and went into the small hospital where there were various visitors awaiting for their turn especially for the specialist clinics.

She went to register herself in at the counter and was asked to wait for her turn. While waiting she watched all around her a mother and her child, an elderly couple chatting and two ladies seem to be mother and daughter. 

The surrounding were abuzz with sounds as she watched their interaction and she became slightly jealous when she spot a young couple, probably around her age smiling and chatting happily. The young woman seem to be heavily pregnant rubbing her belly. Beside her, Juliana assumed was her boyfriend or husband was rubbing her belly lovingly.

Juliana felt a urge of pain in her heart. She swallowed back the tears that was building up and waited for her turn, patiently. When her name was called by the awaiting nurse at the large hall, she bit her bottom lip and sighed as she got up from her seat and followed the nurse as she went to a room that has a silver nameplate. On it was the doctor's name

Dr Kim Joonmyeon
Harvard M.D.

Juliana went in and was greeted by a smiling doctor in a white coat. She felt nervous as she smiled "Ms Juliana I presume. Please have a seat."he politely point her to  the seat and Juliana sat down.

"So, how may I help you Ms Juliana?" Joonmyeon asked, with concern. The glasses he was wearing hung at the edge of his nose. He push it up and look at Juliana sighed and explained.

"I haven't been feeling well. Actually for the past few months I have been sick, vomiting and lack of sleep as well. I thought at first it might just be a stomach flu but I wasn't sure" she answered quietly, feeling ashamed.

Joonmyeon gave her a reassuring smile "It's alright. Don't be ashamed. Why not we run some tests, simple ones and we can determine what will happen from then okay?"

Juliana just nodded and soon she did the tests and even gave her blood and urine to the kind doctor. She blushed when the doctor smiled at her and said "Why not you wait outside, maybe have something to eat and come back in an hour's time, hmm?"

Juliana nodded curtly and bowed to the doctor soon left the room. She walked to the nearest cafe located not far from the lobby and have a nice cup of tea with a small muffin. Enjoying the beautiful view outside. 

As she spent the one hour in the small cafe, she wondering about the results of her health. She walked back to the waiting area and soon after was called once again by the same nurse as she lead Juliana to the doctor's office once again. Juliana said "Thank you" to the nurse as the nurse smiled and went out. Juliana saw the doctor smiled and said "Please sit down. I have great news for you"

Juliana was anticipating for the worst. She let out a soft sigh when she heard the doctor announced it shocking her "Congratulations, you are three months pregnant. How do you feel? I will describe some vitamins. Be careful alright. I will see you next month for your next checkup okay?"

Juliana couldn't believe it. She smiled to the doctor thanking him "Deh! Thank you doctor" and soon got up and soon left the office, smiling widely with the news. She knew Chanyeol would be happy. 

She came back to find the house in a total wreck and Jaesi was acting like it's a normal occurrence. At that moment Chanyeol came in through the door with a bouquet of flowers and box of egg tarts, thinking of giving it a treat for Jaesi and Juliana. His smile faded when he saw the condition of the house and became angry. 

"JULIANA! WHY DIDN'T YOU CLEAN THE HOUSE?!"Chanyeol yelled at her. "YOU HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING YOUR DUTIES! CLEAN THIS PLACE UP THIS INSTANCE!" 

Jaesi ran to him and hugged him, only showing to Juliana a sly smirk on her pretty face. Juliana felt like crying and sighed. "I will clean it." Soon she started cleaning and began making dinner for them. But the news of her pregnancy soon been kept only to herself as she hug her still flat belly as she got to her room that night.

"Your appa is so mean. So is that woman, baby" Juliana pouted as she laid in bed looking out at the full moon outside her window. A single tear fell from her eyes her cheek and onto the white sheet as she fallen into a deep slumber. 

The next morning, she woken up feeling sicker than ever as she rushed to the bathroom to empty her stomach. After vomiting a few times and brushing her teeth she got out of her room to find the house totally empty. Sighing. she decided to make herself a sandwich. 

Deciding to do some light housework whilst listening to some music. She was content as she constantly touch her belly smiling gently thinking about the baby in her tummy. "What shall we name you baby?"

She thought for a while and thought of a name "Hyun Woo, meaning  virtuous"she gently touch her belly and smiled. Then she saw the front door opened and she quickly got up as she saw Chanyeol and Jaesi came in snuggled against each other. Juliana goes to the kitchen and wash the glass and went to the bedroom. her tummy she lay in bed and soon falls asleep.

When she finally woken up feeling hungry got to the kitchen to find Jaesi wide awake and looking sinister. She grab a kitchen knife and was about to push it towards her. She dodged it yelling to Jaesi to stop. Alas Jaesi did the unexpected, she put the knife to Juliana to hold slowly slid her wrist with it and cried out in pain. 

At that moment Juliana doesn't had the time to react as Chanyeol came in and saw blood dripping onto the kitchen floor. He rush to Jaesi and try to get a towel to stop the bleeding, eyes were angry as he glared and gritted his teeth at Juliana.

"JULIANA! THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR!" He yelled at her. He approached her, angrily. She stepped back as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter