Final

Mirror Mirror

Being born into this world was not your choice. All the fairytales you had believed were not real were true, and ironically, you were discovering how real they were. Having the understanding of an adult despite being born in a baby's body, you realised you had taken on the role of Snow White in this alternate universe. You didn't want to be born with the beautiful black hair, pale skin nearly translucent, and rosy red lips. You knew how the story would end, and slowly began plotting your escape.

However, there was one factor you didn't take into consideration.

That you'd fall in love, even before you met Prince Charming.


On your seventeenth birthday, you realised it was time. A servant had kindly called ahead to tell you to dress nicely, your stepmother hated waiting, after all. Too bad she would be waiting forever. Waving the servant off, you locked the door to your room. Pulling out your bedsheets which had been tied together, you pocketed the mirror your mother had passed down to you in her will. It was the only thing you had of the mother in this universe.

Attaching the end of the bedsheet to the bed post, you began lowering yourself down. Having gotten friendly with a horse, you mounted your trusty steed, and rode off to the forest. Dwarves or no dwarves, you were sure you'd survive somehow.


"Ma'am, I hate to interrupt, but the princess seems to have run away.." A servant stammered, before slinking out the room. The queen shrieked in anger, before tossing her goblet of wine onto the floor. Casting a simple spell, she shut and locked the door. "Mirror, mirror, where has she run off to?" Teeth grit, the evil queen glared at the image that appeared on the mirror.

"Would it kill you to call me by my name for once?" The figure in the mirror let out a 'tsk', and the figure shifted into a landscape. "She's somewhere here, I'll be able to keep track of her as long as she has that mirror that was her mother's." The evil queen smiled, "I believe that over the years, you've managed to improve yourself, no?" The figure reappeared, laughing. "I suppose so, your Highness."

"Then, go and kill her for me. I want her heart on a silver plate."


Having been clothed, the figure that was previously in the mirror stood in front of the very mirror he'd come out of. "Not too shabby, eh?" Laughing, he picked up his bow and arrows. "Just hurry up and go, the longer you take, the less beauty I'll be able to get from her!" The queen snarled, and the figure snorted. "Remember who helped you get all that beauty in the first place."

Saluting a goodbye, he promptly left the castle in search of you, the only girl who could satisfy the queen's desires.

It's a real pity, he thought. You were more than worthy to replace the queen.


"Please, hide me! I'm desperate! I'll cook, clean, wash, anything! I just need a place to stay." You had begged the dwarves, and the reluctantly agreed. "Just don't get us into any trouble, you hear me, missy?" The leader sighed out.

"I'm Sunggyu, by the way, these are my friends. Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong. Just behave, and we'll get along well." You nodded, and smiled brightly at them. "I'll start cooking you guys some dinner, so go ahead and do what you need to do! I'll just be nearby, looking for food." They agreed, packed up their tools, and left for the mine.

Taking in a deep breath, you headed out deeper into the forest to look for food.


Having picked out some potatoes, you started searching for more varieties of vegetables. You were lucky enough to have been taught by your father while he was still alive. Plants were his passion, and he enjoyed showing you his collection of them. These included basic vegetables, which the castle's servants helped grow. You were able to distinguish between the poisonous ones and the edible ones, considering your brain was pretty much matured already.

You picked more wild herbs, and found some berries. Maybe you could attempt to make a pie with what you had?

A figure moving behind a tree caught your eye, and you flinched. To run back or just pretend you saw nothing? Backing up slowly, you headed for a tree to take cover just in case. Before you knew it, you bumped into a sturdy chest.

Recoiling in fright, you clasped your hands to your chest. "Sorry, I'll just be going now.." You tried to push past him, but he caught you by your wrist. "I'm not here to hurt you. I just saw you picking some plants and wanted to help you. I have some sacks of food on my horse, if you'd like." You sighed, before flashing him a smile. "Thanks, but I don't think my guardian would appreciate me inviting someone over." He tilted his head to the side, "Well, if you don't mind, can I spend some time with you here?"

You bit your lower lip, unsure. Wasn't he supposed to be the hunter in your story? What if he dragged you off and tried to hurt you? "I.. Don't think that's a good idea. Sorry." He smiled sheepishly. "At least let me give you some food. Come with me?" He held his hand out to you, and you slipped your hand into his.

It was just food, after all.


"Here, take this. I'll be heading to a nearby village, so I have plenty of food to last me." He handed you the sack, and patted your head. "Take care." He mounted his horse, and you felt a slight bit of sadness. You didn't even get his name, and he was so kind to you. "By the way, my name is Mingyu. I'll come back to bring you more food." With a wave of his hand, he rode off in the general direction of the village.

Lugging the sack back to the dwarves' house, you knew you wouldn't be able to stop thinking about him for days to come.


The next day, he returned to fulfill his promise of spending time with you. The two of you had spent your day laughing and pushing each other. When you tripped over a particularly large root, you squealed, ready to feel the ground.

"Are you alright?" His face was dangerously close to yours, and you felt the heat rise to your cheeks. Close up, he was so handsome. Snapping out of his trance, Mingyu stood up, pulling you up with him. He'd caught you in the nick of time.

"This is sudden and all, but you're just so attractive." Mingyu leaned in, and you closed your eyes.

Feeling his lips press to yours, you felt the spark you had been desiring in this world.


A week after you fled the castle, you were back in the same area, hunting for more food. You'd found a small stream over the course of the week while spending more time with Mingyu and attempted to catch some fish. Hearing the sound of horse hooves against the dirt, you ducked down behind a small pile of rocks in an attempt to hide just in case. If it wasn't Mingyu, it'd be dangerous.

Hearing his voice calling out for you made you spring up. He spotted you and pulled you out of the stream. "Hello, princess." Princess was his nickname for you, and it felt comforting hearing it from him.

"We have to hurry today, princess. I heard that the queen is at her weakest today, and she can be killed easily." He'd found out about your predicament and offered his help. He could be trusted, couldn't he?

Following him, you mounted on his horse behind him. You'd left a note for the dwarves just in case. "Are you sure about this, Mingyu?" You clung to his waist, and he laughed.

"I'm sure of it, today's the day."


Upon arriving at the castle, you noticed how quiet and deserted it was. "I guess she doesn't want anyone around her." Mingyu took you by the hand and lead you to the throne room. It was like he was sure nothing would pop out and attack the both of you. Narrowing your eyes in suspicion, you were starting to doubt everything he'd said so far.

When you reached the throne room, you found yourself shoved in.

Gasping, you landed right at the feet of your stepmother. She had a smirk plastered onto her face, "Bad girls who disobey their parents should be punished. Guards!" Tears forming in your eyes, you turned to see the face of the man who'd betrayed you. Naive idiot, you fell in love with him so easily. Flopping to the ground, you made no move to struggle as two guards picked and held you up by your arms.

"Not even a bit of fighting? Surprising, considering how you ran away from me." She laughed, your cheek. "My dearest stepdaughter, your heart will make me the most beautiful woman in this world. Isn't that right, Mingyu?" Sauntering over to the one you had learned to love, she patted his cheek. Looking away, you felt your heart clench in your chest.

"Let's just get this over and done with." You snarled at the evil woman. "I'm just as eager as you, don't worry." She pulled out her magic wand, and started waving it around. Closing your eyes tight, squeezing them shut, you braced yourself for the pain that would come after.

"No!" You blinked, only to find seven small men attaching themselves to your stepmother. "No, get off her!" You broke free of the guards' hold, and desperately swatted at the woman who would hurt the ones who had looked after you for a week. "Don't touch them!" You scratched at her, and she shrieked. Mingyu grabbed you by your waist and tugged you into his embrace. "You'll only make it worse, stay out of this!" Elbowing him, you reached out for his sword and yanked it out of its sheath.

"I won't let you hurt them!" The evil queen threw you back into a wall with her magic, repelling all the dwarves off her at the same time. "Hold them down! I will finish her off first, then they will follow!" Your eyes widened, not worried for the safety of yourself, but for the safety of your friends. You began to pick yourself up, but the queen kicked the sword to the side, and you watched Mingyu pick it up.

It was all over now.

You shut your eyes tight once again, preparing for the pain that would come after.

Only hearing a loud scream, you forced yourself to open your eyes again. Your stepmother had been stabbed in the heart, and she fell in front of your feet. A panting Mingyu was standing behind, and he pulled the sword out of her body. "Anyone else who dares to touch the princess will have to go through me first." Raising his sword, he stood firm, ready to protect you.

The soldiers got on their knees, and bowed to you. "Your Highness, we are terribly sorry for the trouble we have given you! Most of us have known you since you were small, but chose to serve the queen out of fear for our lives." They began to tear up, and you felt a tear spring to your eye. "Get up, you are all forgiven. Let everyone know that this land is once again free from the reign of the evil queen. I will take over the throne and be your new ruler."

They bowed several times, before exiting the throne room. Jumps and yells of joy could be heard from outside, bringing a smile to your face. Wasting no time, you ran over to the dwarves and checked on them one by one. They were all alright, and you let out a sigh of relief. Female servants ran in, and you requested the dwarves be taken care of as quickly as possible.

FInally, you turned to face the man you had fallen in love with. He was standing there, waiting for you to finish up what you needed to. "Mingyu.." You felt your heart clench again, and he turned away. "I'll leave, if that's what you want." His shoulders had slumped, clearly remorseful. "I just needed you to know that what we had.. It was all real. At least it was to me." He turned back to face you, a bitter smile on his face.

"I love you, and I'm sorry."

You ran forward and tackled him in a hug. "You idiot, how dare you." You beat his chest, and he grabbed your wrists. "You're silly." He kissed your forehead, and wrapped you in a hug. "You're the silly one here. Idiot." You hugged him tightly, burying your face in his chest.

"I won't be needing this anymore." Mingyu pulled you over to a luxurious golden mirror. Pulling a small stone out of his pocket, he smashed it. "Mingyu, what was that for?" You gasped, a beautiful mirror had gone to waste. "That used to be my home, where I lived. It was lonely, unless the queen called on me. But things have changed now. I don't want to live in that place anymore, I want to live here, with you."

"You're my new home now."

Pushing his forehead against yours, he smiled, before going in for a kiss.

[A/N: This is for luvyoonhae10 for winning my guessing game in Here Lies the Bride! The rest will be posted as soon as I can finish them! I hope you liked this, luvyoonhae10. : ) ]