Broken Glass

Memories

Please excuse all spelling and grammer mistakes! 

And thank you SO much for waiting so patiently! 

Lub you all ~ 

***********************************************************************************************

Amber POV:

Her body was screaming at her to stop as the rough asphalt of the street rubbed against the bottom of her feet, red skin beginning to peel. But she kept going, coming to stop when a taxi pulled up infront of her. Diving into the cab, she somehow managed to tell the driver where to go. Ignoring the look the driver was giving her through the mirror, Amber clasped her shivering hands together, trying to calm her heart and and mind. She knew she looked insane with no shoes on, hair sticking up everywhere, and wearing pajamas, but at that moment she couldnt care less. She could have taken her car but the rational part of her mind knew she was in no condition to be driving anything. How could she when her body couldnt stop shaking and tears were beginning to blur out her vision. 'Its just a coincedence. Its just a conincedence. Its nothing more than a conincedence.' she chanted in her mind, trying to block out her voice of reasoning. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldnt shake of the feeling that something was wrong. 'Please, please, please let this all be me overreacting and he just forgot to tell me that the date of his departure changed and my papers are somewhere I forgot I left them.' she thought, the sliver ring on her finger feeling looser than before. Reaching the large glass building overcrowded with people rolling suitcases took longer, yet at the same time, shorter than what she had hoped. Handing the driver his due, she stumbled out the taxi and ran out, occasionaly bumping into a few families as she searched for terminal 5. Her peeling feet was burning, but not as badly as her heart and mind as she ran and weaved through the crowds. Finally, she found the large blue number 5 and scanned the ticket check and bagging lines for familair faces she so desperatly needed to see. But no where could she find her husband and sister in law. She had called Yi Yaos phone several times, only to be meet with a long beep. 

Her hope fleeted fast as she was about to give up when she caught a flash of bright red. Near the gates of the terminal where people waited for the airplane, stood a woman in a red dress, curled black hair trailing down her shoulders. Next to her stood a tall man in a sharp black suit. Ambers heart recognized them before her brain could as she feel her pulse get faster. Running past the lines of people and even secuitry guards, the only thought in her mind was 'Yi Yao'. Hands of several security guards were reaching out for her, holding her back as she screamed as loud as could, "YI YAO!!!". The curled hair swung around as Mei turned at the direction of her voice. Amber felt the immense relif as she caught her sister in laws eyes. Mei looked at her then quickly turned to Yi Yao, whispering in his ear. Amber was about to comust with happiness when she thought Yi Yao would relaize she was here and come to her when she suddenly noticed that instead, Yi Yao turned and walked into the terminal, out of her sight. Her eyebrows scruntched but her smile returned as she looked back at Mei, who was walking towards her. With the security guards tight grip on each of her sides, she heard the 'click clack' of Mei's pumps approch. "Is there a problem?" Mei asked the security guards, her arms crossed over her chest. "Um no ma'am, this person is just making rucus and trying to get into the terminals", one of them said. "But it seemed like she was calling out to you.." the other one said, still holding a firm grip on her. Amber tried to wiggle her arms free but gave up and instead smiled at her sister in law. "Mei, can you please tell them to let me go. I just want to know when Yi Yao is coming back from his trip." she said. But Mei stared at her as if she didnt understand the English that came out of . With her eyesbrows scruntched together and a slight pout on her red lips, she asked in a cold tone, "Im sorry but...do I know you?". "W-what?" Amber said, a bit stunnned at the intensity in her Mei's eyes and wondered if she heard wrong. "I said, DO I KNOW YOU?" she repeated firmly, as if she was talking to a small child. Wondering if maybe her ruffled apperance had confused Mei, Amber said, "Its me, your sister-in-law, Amber".  Mei looked at her as if she had grown another head, "I dont known anyone named Amber and I definetly DO NOT have a sister-in-law" she said. Before Amber could even let out a peep of confusion, Mei turned towards the security guards, "Are you men doing your job? How could you let someone like her in here and cause such a disturbance! I mean look at her, do you really think shes right in the mind?!". Ambers mind reeled and she felt like she had been slapped. Okay, she admitted that she had better days but was her own sister-in-law calling her mentally insane? And she was acting as if they didnt know each other at all, as if Mei hadnt lived in her home for the past month or helped her pick out her wedding dress!

Something was wrong.

Something was very, very wrong.

And Amber could no longer deny the bad feeling that had been warning her since she had woken up that morning from a wonderful dream and into this nightmare. "Mei please", she begged, her eyes beginning to sting again, "Why are you acting like this? I married your brother and I just want to talk to him for a few minutes". The Mei she thought she knew looked at her in disgust, "Okay now I know she belongs in some mental house. Officers you could check my records or whatever but I dont have any brothers. Im tired of this nonsense!" she exclaimed. The officers almost seemed to flinch as they hurried to respond, "No ma'am that wont be neccesary! Sorry to have troubled you, please have a nice flight". Mei threw her curls over her shoulders as light caught on to a large diamond ring on her left hand, "Now if youll excuse me, my husband and I have an important flight to catch." she said, her tone of superiority missed by Amber who left numb yet whiplashed at her words. 

And then Mei left and never looked back.

She never looked back to see Amber yell out to her and Yi Yao, grappling with the guards who pulled her away as people stared in either pity or annoyance. Mei's words seemed to replay like a broken record in her head as Amber was dragged out the airport and tossed uncerminously onto the pavement. 'My husband, 'My husband', 'My husband' was repeated over and over and over again. Tears blurred her visions as she kneeled over on the unforgiving cement that cut into her skin. 'Wha- what? What is happening? What was she talking about?'. She felt constrict at nothing as she chocked on her own sobs. 'What husband? What husband was she talking about?'.

But Amber wasnt blind.

As much as she wished she was at that moment, no matter how much she yearned for the blissful ignorance that was never to come, Amber wasnt blind. There was only one person that came in with Mei and left along with her. Just one person who stood by her in that terminal line. And that one person just happened to be the man that left her shattered out in the payment along with her heart.  

                                    -----[trigger warning for one sentence: cutting used as a metaphor]-----

She didnt know when but she soon realized she was sopping wet and all around her, the rain came in torrents. She had begun walking a while back, her feet leading her somewhere and her not caring where. The first thing she did when she had regain at least some of her senses was make a call. "Hello, may I please get some information about my husband ?" she asked, her voice raspy and nasally. The words 'my husband' made her insides recoil violently and suddenly she felt nauseated. After giving them her marriage lincense number, the voice on the other line sighed in sympathy, "Ma'am, Im afraid to tell you that this license is a fake". "A- a fake?" she asked, her nails digging into the already scratched up plams of her hands. "Yes ma'am. The priest who conducted this marriage was not a real one and a man named Yi Yao Lin does not exist. Hello? Hello? Ma'am?". But Amber had felt her vision flicker dark once, twice, until her knees buckled down and she was forced to sit in the midst of the storm. The pain felt like an echo, not suprising but just as forceful. She pulled out her phone once again as she dialed one final number, feeling as if she was cutting herself slowly, watching her skin open and reveal the red inside. "Hello? May I please know the updates on the Liu Family Estates?" she asked, her voice on the edge of fading into nothing. "Ah yes, Mrs. Liu, would you like to double check on your transactions? Not to worry, everything went well. It was sold to Mr. Alexander Garfield this morning and all the money has been sent to the account you wanted. Anything else I could do for you?". Ambers world teetered, "No. No, that is all" she whispered before her phone fell from her grasp and her head hit the grass. For once, she welcomed darkness and begged it to take her in forever.

                                                                            ---------------  

The first thing she was aware of was the familar red of her celing. The next was the cool cloth on her forehead and Mins soft voice. Her brain felt muddled, like a dirty puddle after a storm. So she just laid still, letting everything around her move in blurred colors and sounds. She didnt want to think about why she ended up here, how many days had passed, or why it felt like she had lead in her chest. She didnt want to think of the gentle face that kept appearing in her fever induced dreams.... no, not dreams, nightmares. But the universe was cruel and wouldnt allow her to ignore reality for more than a few moments. "YOU! Stop being lazy and get up! Do you not know the situation you bought us!?!" a familar scream shattered the stuffy silence, warping her thoughts back to the real world. "Auntie..." Amber whispered. She knew she had to face them eventually and it was something she could never mentally prepare herself for. When she saw her aunts face screwed up in anger, Amber didnt wince like usual. Instead she felt an overwhelming urge to hug her aunt. As much of an underlaying distance they had between them, her aunt was still the only mother figure she had left in her life. And now more than anything, she wanted somone to hold her close and tell her that everything was going to be okay.  Her vision blurred from the sudden overflow of tears that spilled down and wouldnt stop even if she wanted them to.  "A-auntie" she gurgled out, trying to catch her fast escaping breath. Her aunt seemed to stiffen with the sight of her rare tears. "Amber Josephine Liu." she said slowly, as if taking to a naughty toddler, "This isnt the time to cry". Well this was the perfect time to cry according to Amber, the fresh sting of her heart being a permanant reminder.

But she tried... for her aunt.

Once again, she reeled in her emotions, promising herself that once alone, she could let it all out. But for now, she had to be strong. She had to move, she had to think, she had to deal with the mess left behind. "Auntie..." she tried again, this time much more stable. The lone tear that rested on her cheek was quickly brushed away. But her aunts thin patientence was apparently all used up and she snapped faster than Amber struggling to bring herself into a seated position. "YOU LOST EVERYTHING!!" she screeched, her manucured acrylic nails digging into Ambers wrists. Maybe it was her fever or maybe it was the overall numbness she felt but for some reason, they didnt hurt as badly as she remebered. "How could you have been so stupid to lose every single thing your worth!?!" she screamed, tugging at her arms and demanding answers she couldnt get. Ambers head was pounding and she just wanted it all to end. Why did she wake up? Why couldnt she have just slept some more? Why couldnt she have just slept forever??

Suddenly, Amber felt a sour tug in her stomach, a tell tale sign that she was about to heave everything she had just eaten. Putting a hand tightly over , she pulled her concentration back to her Aunts yells and accusations. "MILLIONS!! You have lost us millions! And now all we have left is this house!" her Aunt exclaimed, her face red and puckered. Anger was a rare feeling for Amber, just as her tears were, but she couldnt stop it from piling up. How could her aunt say this to her? How could she blame her for all of this!? After telling her to get married even when she wasnt ready? After pressuring her and guilt tripping her for weeks? Then in the end, when shes knocked down with her world shattered at her feet, shes the only one that gets all gets the blame? No, no, no this was not happening! "How could you put this all on me!? You were the one who wanted me to get married to him so badly!" she screamed back. Her aunts shock quickly transformed into rage as she raised her hand and Amber closed her eyes, preparing herself for a slap.

But it didnt happen.

When she opened her eyes, she saw that her uncle had appeared and was holding her aunt back, whispering things to her. When they pulled away from each other, her aunt seemed to have calm down. They both turned towards her, the smiles plastered on their face as fake as plastic. For some reason, this unnerved Amber more than the explosion that was just about to occur moments prior. "Well, thats enough excitment for today" her aunt declared, dusting off her skirt, as if she had just been to a tea party instead of almost slapping her niece. Her Aunt stretched her red lips, "Why dont you rest dear? Your fever is still high." she said. Amber restrained herself from rolling her eyes, as if her aunt cared about her fever a few minutes ago. She threw herself at her pillow, waiting until she stopped hearing footsteps walk away and let out a muffled scream.

                                                                              -------------

Her days of stiffled silence didnt last long (she wasnt expecting it to really), but how it ended was something she would never have expected. So far, the past few months of her life have been filled with nothing but suprises, each one of them the impact of a destructive bomb and leaving in its wake a horrific wasteland. This suprise however, was nuclear.

                                                                              -------------  

When her temperture started lowering but her nausea was still there, that was when Amber knew something wasnt right. And it was only after she finished half a container of Pepto-Bismols that she finally decided to do something about it. She didnt bother to tell her aunt and uncle, the tension between them and her still looming over like a thick fog. An excuse of grocery shopping was enough to cast away suspicion and it wasnt really lying if she really did stop by at a local deli before going to the doctors (shes been really hungry for some peanut butter lately). Dr. Kim was not suprised to see her, Min having called him for Ambers fever two weeks ago. "Are you still having some symptoms?" he asked, skimming her chart a nurse had filled out moments prior. "Yea, Im still getting nauseous and I even threw up a few times." she said. Dr. Kim looked back down at the chart and back up at her. "Well it doesnt seem like you still have the fever but lets make sure". He proceded to take her tempreture once again and asked her questions about her nausea. "So...you feel the most nauseous during the mornings..." he asked, his eyebrows pinched together at the center. Amber nodded, not really understanding why her doctor looked so confused. "Is it because of all the junk Ive been eating?" she asked, thinking about the various and abundance of food shes devoured this week. "No Amber...I dont think this is that." the doctor said, his voice suddenly serious, "When was your last menstrual cycle?" he asked. "Doc, you know Im irregular. So about 2 months ago. My next one is ... I think next week." she said, wondering where this conversation was leading. Dr. Kim let out a soft sigh as he laid the chart down on a table and turned to her. "Amber have you been craving foods you dont usually eat? Or been getting more tired lately? Or maybe even aching s?" he asked. She tilted her head to the side, "Uh yea I have...all those things actually. Wait! Oh no, is this because of my weird cycles?!" she fretted. "No, not exactly. Lets do one more test and I think we'll have our answer" the doctor said, handing her a plastic cup and pointing towards a bathroom.    

                                              -------[Trigger Warning: Suicidal thoughts]-------  

It had started raining once again, pelts of large drops beating down her head. But Amber was immune to the harsh treatment of mother nature. Because somehow, someway, fate has played with her again. Her hand drifted towards her stomach for the sixth time that day.

'Pregnant.'

'Im pregnant'

she thought, the phrase almost meaningless with how often shes repeated it.

When Doctor Kim had announced it, Amber had laughed out loud, thinking the good doc was just pulling her leg. A few moments later, she had laughed a different kind of laugh, the kind where the persons sanity was questioned.

Because of course, of course she was pregant.

Of course the universe didnt take pity on her. Of course she couldnt catch a break. She had thought she had experinced the worst of it but of course she was wrong once again. So, so wrong.

Her tears burned down her cheeks, blending in with the rain. Why was this all happening to her?! What had she done so wrong in her life to deserve this?!  To be impregenated by the first man she had ever loved who had then betrayed her trust? Who stole the land her parents had spent their entire life working hard to obtain just so she would be well off in the future? A man who was the husband of another woman!! A man who played with her heart like a fiddle and who smashed if just as easily. But the more she stubbled on the wet payment, her tears becoming very familar with her cheeks, the more she thought. Sure, she could blame her aunt and uncle who offered her up like a scarifice, always selfishly thinking only for themselves. Or she could blame him and his real wife who came in to her life to build a perfect charade only to tear her down, not at all caring what destruction they left behind. She could even blame the stubborn thing growing inside her for being concevied with the single chance it got.

But at the end of it all, the only one who was the true cause of it all was her. Because she was so stupid. She was stupid to think her remaining relatives truely cared for her and not her money, stupid to be guilt tripped into a marriage when she wasnt ready, stupid to let her guard down and be fooled by sweet words just because it was the first time someone had treated her like a woman, and stupid to open her heart and trust people she clearly did not know anything about!

Crumpling like a worn out piece of paper, Ambers knees buckled, unable to hold anymore of the weight that had stacked on her shoulders. Glancing a look to her left, she registerd the lake below the bridge she had fallen on, the water hypnotizing as rain battered on its surface. And for a moment, Amber had just one thing on her mind. Not her faliures, not the cruelty of people, not how broken she felt, but the lake below.

How good it would feel if she would just... jump.  

It would be too easy, no one was outside in this weather to see her. The water would be freezing cold, numbing her body more than it already was. And maybe, just maybe... it would numb her heart and mind too. Then she wouldnt feel anything anymore. Not the piercing ache that has wormed its way into her chest, not the constant burning of her eyes, or the bile that threatens to rise up . And especially not the painful memories that just never seemed to go away. All she had to do was swing her legs out and jump. Thats all it would take. Then it would all end so, so easily.

The sudden vibration of her phone startled her, snapping her out of her thoughts. Wiping away the fat drops thats covered her screen, she read the string of words staring back at her.

"Dont forget to take care of yourself. Your not living for just you anymore."

Tentatively laying a shaking hand on her belly, Amber read Dr.Kims text once more. 'Thats right...' she thought,  the feeling of cold rain seeping through her clothes returning. 'Its not just about me...'. Maybe she was just too stubborn to stop living... or maybe she was too much of a coward to die. Maybe it was the perfect distraction or maybe the universe was giving her one last chance. Either way, for Amber, the thought changed everything. Only later on would she realize that the little life growing inside of her was what had saved her from certain death that day.

                                                                        ---------------

She knew her aunt and uncle would be mad, that was a guarantee. There was no hope that there wouldnt be screaming when she announced the news. But she could hope that that would be the end of it. She could hope that they would eventually warm up to the idea and perhaps, just maybe, would be willing to help her. She wasnt expecting something big like babysitting but at least she hoped they would be civil. She was their niece after all. The blood running through their veins had to have counted for something. Or so she hoped.

                                                                      ------------------

Walking up those familar white stone stairs had never felt more daunting to her. More than once she was tempted to turn away but the knowledge that this was technically HER home helped push her forword. She apporached her aunt and uncles room slowly, telling Min to stand near the door, out in the hallway (she needed all the moral support she could get). She didnt wait a second more than she needed to, knowing that if she waited too long, her courage would fade away.

"Im pregnant".

It was the first time she had said it out loud.

The silence that followed was deafening, the sound of her heartbeat being the only think that assured her that indeed she hadnt actually gone deaf. Moments passed and Amber was about to repeat herself, thinking they hadnt heard her but a quiet "What?" interuppted her. Suprisingly, her aunt didnt yell it. However, when a person who usually does yell, doesnt, thats when you know something was really wrong. 

A beat passed, then three more, while everything was sinking in to their minds like quicksand. And then, it all erupted. A flurry of voices blended together, Amber explaining herself the best she could, her aunt screaming at both her and her uncle, and her uncle reciting something about the neighbors and upholding reputations. "SILENCE!!!" her aunt hollered, louder than the sound of her tea cup shattering against the tiles. Amber froze midsentence but decided that she wouldnt - couldnt allow her aunt to take over. She had started this conversation, so she had to continue it. "Dont worry about expenses, Ill pay everything. Ill get two jobs and I wont even ask for a penny. I wont even ask for you both to babysit or anything but...". Her aunt gasped, a pained sound like she had just been exposed to something that smelled putrid,"You... why are you talking as if your planning on keeping it!?".

For a moment, Amber didnt understand. But only for a moment. A cold trickle ran down her spine as her Aunts implications became clear, horror and disbelif following immediatly after. "Amber Josephine Liu. This isnt a suggestion." her Aunt stated, her eyes hardned. The one thing that never crossed her mind when she found our she was pregnant was the one thing her aunt was now demanding of her: an abortion. "But - but why?!" she exclaimed, holding her belly protectivly. Her Aunt and Uncle looked at her incredulously, as if she was the one who lost her mind. "What do you mean why?! Your planning on giving birth to the child of a man that stole your inhertance AND left you!?" her Aunt screeched, "Do you know what people will say when they see you pregeant at 19 with no husband in sight!?". Amber shook her head feircly, "Who cares what people say!? My baby is innocent in all this! It did nothing wrong! Im keeping my baby and thats FINAL!!". Her eyes burned with liquid defiance, both fists clenched tight at her sides. It was a look her Aunt and Uncle had never seen used against them. It was then that they know that this was different. This wasnt like the time Amber had asked them if she could get a tatoo and had given up trying to persuade them after a week.This wasnt like the time Amber had asked for a nose piercing and had once again given up after three days. Her Aunt and Uncle knew she was kind, too kind, her penpal from Korea, Ailee, had once told her in one of her letters. Too kind that she would often let people step all over her without complaint. But this, this wasnt going to be one of those times. Her baby was not something she was going to compromise on. Amber stood her ground, tilting her chin up and waiting for them to defy her. 

But they didnt. Her Aunt only let out a small sigh and straighted her shoulders, seemingly all shock from Ambers outburst withering away as fast as it came. "Alright then" she said in an almost whisper. 'Too calm!' Ambers mind screamed, feeling like she was waiting for a snake to uncoil and strike her with its posinous fangs. So the words that fell out her Aunts mouth shouldnt have suprised her but it did. She knew her Aunt was smart, but she had underestimated how manipulative she was. "Okay, go ahead. Keep that thing inside of you and let it ruin your life. But not here. Not with us." she said, her eyes eerily blank and her voice steady. Amber shook her head, "N-no. This... this is my house. My parent left this house for me." her voice shook, feeling her heart break just a bit more. She couldnt beleive what they were suggesting. Her own family suggesting something so cruel. Two faces filled with mocked sympathy looked at her. "Ah of course. But you also know dear that it wont truely be yours till you turn 21. And until then, we are the actual owner and we have the final say in who will stay and who will leave." her Aunt said, tilting her head to the side as if she was talking to a toddler, "So what is your answer Amber?".

One,

two,

three tears tore down her face in continous streams. They were making her choose between her own baby while living on the streets or terminating an innocent life while living in the last gift given to her by her parents. Her hands shook as she rose her head up, her vision blurring from the flim of tears. She didnt feel the unimaginable anger she thought she would. Instead, it was more of a heart shattering betrayal, a feeling she was now awfully familair with. It was one thing when a guy shes only known for a few months turns his back on her, but her own family? The people who have been with her for years? They were the people who were suppose to support her during the hardest times of her life. Not abandon her when she was at her lowest. 

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Amber had always know that all she was worth to her Aunt and Uncle was the wealth left behind for her. But she had hoped, someday, she would be be able to please them enough that they would look at her with love in their eyes. That someday, they would become a real family. It was naive of her, she now realized. It was stupid. Why was she always so stupid?

But her Aunt and Uncle were not. It was because they were smart that they made this deal. They knew what Ambers choice would be. In comparsion, saving a life was more important to her than any mansion (no matter how much her her heart ached at the thought of seperating from it). The will stated that she had two years left until she could claim the house as her own but her Aunt and Uncle knew certain conditions had to be met. For instance... when the time comes, Amber would have to show up at the house with the family lawyer present to sign the house under her name. And for that she would have to to be alive. She would have to surive the streets of Los Angeles for two years... all while pregant and eventually providing for a baby. 

                                                                         ----------------

Min was the only person who stood out in the rain, crying, as Amber walked out the gates she would not walk through again for a very long time. Loyal, sweet Min who was currently Ambers only faith in the strength of bonds and trust, was ready to follow Amber no matter where she went, only for Amber to plead with her not to. She couldnt afford to cause her friend such trouble. Not only did Min not deserve to be punished by the same fate as Amber but Amber couldnt handle an extra mouth to feed. She didnt have a plan when she carried a single bag of her precious belongings away from the house she grew up in. She didnt know how she would surive, let alone her baby. Sure, she had saved her baby from being killed with chemicals and sterile instruments but in the end, what was the use if she ended up becoming malnourished or stabbed in an alleyway? She had never felt so much loss and despair before in her life. Her past burned through her like cold fire while her future was desolate. Amber struggled to look up from the unslaughter of rain threatening to drown her but not a drop of hope could be seen from where she stood under the darkened clouds.

The world had never been so cold. 

                                                                 *******************

"He's here, he's here!! Amber he's here!" a voice shattered the silence of her office as she jolted from her thoughts. Quickly, she wiped the bitter look off her face and replaced it with a proffesional smile. "Whos here exactly Chaerin?" Amber asked as the departments gossip guru practically skipped through her doorway. "Who else but our new Ice Prince!" she squealed, her gold earrings jingling back and forth. Amber laughed, "He hasnt even stepped into the building yet but he already has a nickname?" she asked, sliding into her blazer and getting ready to leave. The floor was buzzing as people were all scrambling to perfect what was already decent enough. It was almost funny, how the executive top floor of an entire building was reduced to wiping dust off their glass desks. As she walked by, many gave her shouts of "Fighting!" and others stared in apprehension. She felt like a warrior and a sacrifice all at the same time. Amber playfully stuck up a peace sign as she stepped into the red velvet cusioned elevator and the door closed to show her reflection. Her brown hair was ruffled at the front and her pant bottoms flared out just so. Her shirt wasnt bottoned all the way to the top but it covered everything it needed to (not that she had much to show anyways). Her wrist tattoo only peeked out her sleeve so she rolled it up just a bit more to revel the full string of chinese characters. Perfect. It was time for her to meet her new boss. And if he was the 'Ice Prince', Amber would be the firey caretaker the kingdom would need. 

                                                                         ---------------

Rays of sunlight poked through the clouds and the air smelled fresh from the ending of a storm. This was Amber and Aidens favorite weather. They would always see who would discover the rainbow appearing first - a fierce competition that had ranged between them for years (Aiden was winning of course). Maybe that was why she felt at ease when the sleek car pulled up infront of her, her attention going from the clear sky to the immaculate oxfords stepping out of the back seat. Bowing her head along with two more of the companys representives beside her, she greeted her new boss for the first time, "Good morning Mr.Wu". Confident steps were made as the man walked closer and Amber rose, not getting a response back (not like she was expecting any). The first look at her boss wasnt something she would have ever thought would be significant. He should be a man with two eyes, a nose, and all the other neccesary stuff. He was also suppose to be young and good looking (apparently). So Amber pictured the typical cookie cutter of every man on those clothing brand magazine models and merged their faces together. The image she got was quite frankly, terrifying, so she instead focused on the actual man walking by her.

And wow were those other women who whispered in the halways and bathrooms right. The looks their new boss had been born with was definetly heart stopping. Because it did happen. Amber literally felt her heart stop for a moment before it started again. But not in the way those other womens hearts were about to stop when that man would walk into his building. No, not that way. Because Amber swore she almost had a heart attack. Following the group into the cooled building with a thin smile, the carefree air she had started the day with had evaporated in a snap. Her eyes slowly looked up to the farthest reflection from her on the elevator doors, catching sight of the two eyes and one nose.

Two eyes and one nose that seemed oh so familar

 

All from memories of long ago.  

***************************************************************************************** 

And thats the end of this chapter!

Wow 6000+ words, what a trip! 

 

And if you think you know whats happening and who Kris actually is... think again! 

  

Hope you all enjoyed it and please be patient for the next  ~

I will definetly update faster than it took for this one!