Chanwoo

Different Types
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanwoo & Dahyun (TWICE)

- - -

Another day is just another day of living to the future.

Life was never simple even though Chanwoo wished it was. He has strict parents making him study hard and look for a right job once he graduates high school. His father wants him to do what he loves, but his mother wants him to be a doctor or lawyer.

Typical of parents wanting their child to be serious and make lots of money for a living.

The one thing he didn't have in his life was his own. He didn't get to have much fun outside his house. He would be kept up in his room studying for the next quiz, exam even looking at the new chapter. It was always work and study.

No fun.

He did have his best friend Moon Bin, who happened to be born the same day as him just a few hours apart. His best friend always managed to drag him out of the house lying to his mother of going to the library when they were really going under this tunnel that lead them to a group of people to dance.

Moon Bin introduced him to a few people and they each took a turn dancing to the upbeat music. It was there stress free time until it was time to go back home.

Without Moon Bin in his life, it would be black and white.

Boring.

Chanwoo was going down the stairs from his room and saw his mom sitting at the table with her newspapers on the side as there were multiple plates on the table. "Come eat breakfast."

He listened to his mother but he didn't eat anything from the plates, he went to the kitchen getting a bowl with some oats and milk. Cereal always made her upset but at least he was getting something in his stomach.

It didn't take long for the doorbell to ring and as the door opened. Moon Bin and his mother were inside smiling. With manners, they said hello and Moon Bin took his place next to his buddy before they each smiled and got up leaving the table.

"Chanwoo, don't be home too late. I know you and Moon Bin like to be at the library today." his mom said with a smile.

Moon Bin's mother smiled at her son giving him a wink. He smiled back at her before pulling out his friend. Moon Bin and his mother had a honest relationship. She knew the code word library meant they would be at the tunnel dancing away for a few hours before heading home.

"He is been so good going to the library and studying." Chanmi smiled at her friend.

Da In smiled with a nod. "Moon Bin has his days as well but he is happy dancing and he shows me a few times."

"Dancing?" Chanmi let out a laugh. "He needs a real job to make money not a hobby."

Da In kept her smile and looked at her friend. "Yes but I would want him to be happy. Stress isn't a good look for a child at such a young age, they should be having fun for their last year while it still lasts."

Chanmi sipped her coffee and said nothing.

- - -

"When are you going tell your mom?" Moon Bin asked as he was skipping along every few steps. Him and Chanwoo were about the same height so he didn't have to take big steps every so often. "My mom is happy with me dancing, she is looking into a dance program for me."

"That's cool." Chanwoo stuffed his hands in his pockets. "It's probably the one my friends go too. They say it's awesome but Hanbin can be really bossy so I'm lucky, I'm not around."

Moon Bin chuckled. "I still can't believe what happened with Junhoe and his girlfriend. It's crazier for her to take him back."

"It's love." Chanwoo snickered as he continued to walk down the sidewalk. He looked up for a moment and saw more people wearing the same uniform as him and Moon Bin. "I wish school was over already."

"It will be my friend in three weeks." He patted his shoulder before leaving it on. Moon Bin was talking to Chanwoo about some class assignment before he heard his name and Moon Bin ran off to his other friend a grade lower than him. He was another dancer under the name of Rocky that he liked to be called.

Chanwoo made his way inside going to his locker. School is school. It has the popular people, the smart people, and the people who just wanted to graduate and never see anyone again. He put a few things away and went to his desk. He sat in the back.

The class was full when the bell rang and everyone was in there seats. The door opened and a girl with short hair with a bob came in and took her seat in front of Chanwoo.

Her name was Son Chaeyoung, she was the smartest one in the school in his grade. By the time she was in fifth grade, she skipped a grade and was one of the youngest girls in the class. Her family owned a Sauna so a few times when Chanwoo had gone with Moon Bin they would see her there.

Rumor had it that she was dating some popular guy but talk is just talk. It doesn't mean anything. Unless there is proof but who would care for that.

Chanwoo sighed as he turned to the left staring out the window and saw a girl running late with light brown hair with colored tips. He furrowed his eyebrows.

Thinking for a moment on who could it be, but then a smile appeared on his face knowing it was the only person with colored strands. Inside the classroom a girl came in panting and made her way over next to Chanwoo trying to catch her breath.

Kim. Da. Hyun.

When he first met her, she was very quiet at first but it changed when they became desk buddies for the second year of high school. They were always sat together, it was also interesting since they had known each other since middle school but didn't socialize.

At some point Chanwoo had a crush on her but it only lasted for a week since they were partnered up for a project. She was quiet, sweet and cute when she would talk to herself or make mistakes. From what Chanwoo knew, her dad was always moving around because of his job.

He was some lieutenant general in the military and her mom stayed home for Dahyun and other things. Chanwoo would have thought Dahyun would be an army brat, but he was wrong since she is so humble and nice.

Chanwoo leaned over to Dahyun hearing her still breath heavy. "Did you forget to turn on your alarm again?"

Dahyun closed her eyes as her nostrils flared up to control her breathing. She nodded to him hoping he was looking at her. "My mom was rushing me to leave. I didn't eat anything."

Chanwoo shook his head leaning away from her getting his own bag. He opened up a small pocket and pulled out a granola bar and handed it to her. "Here you go."

Dahyun opened her eyes and smiled happily turning to Chanwoo giving him a heart shaped hand giving him a kiss at the tip of her index finger. "Many thanks!"

He had seen her do that gesture many times. Over the two years they had been sitting together, they oddly became close and were best friends. Some people thought they were dating or would end up together but they always denied it. They were practically a brother and sister relationship but only two people knew it was a lie.

Moon Bin and Chaeyoung.

They could easily see the flirting between Chanwoo and Dahyun; it was only a matter of time.

The teacher came in and started lecture. Everyone was still and quiet as they were writing notes and following the teachers as he was speaking.

Moon Bin was sitting in front of Dahyun with his book up and asleep on his desk. Chaeyoung would make a face and shake her head. She looked over her shoulder and saw Dahyun leaning her head on the palm of her left hand trying to stay awake but her eyes were very much closing.

Her head would bob every so often and Chaeyoung moved herself to face Chanwoo who was writing his notes until he met her eyes and she moved her head up towards Dahyun.

Chanwoo looked next to him and shook his head. He waited until she had her eyes close to where she couldn't fight them to stay open.

He smiled and moved her arm down making her sit up quickly alarmed and heard giggling next to her. She glared at Chaeyoung and Chanwoo. She couldn't reach Chaeyoung but she managed to playfully hit Chanwoo on his arm making him smile more.

She noticed his small dimples showing and she had always found them cute. Just when she felt she was awake, the teacher left ending the lecture and giving students a break.

Dahyun stood up stretching her arms and legs letting out a nice sound as she smiled. She saw Moon Bin still with his head down. She went to him and poked his sides making him jolt up in his seats.

"I wasn't sleeping!" he said with his eyes wide.

Those around him let out a laugh until he rubbed his eyes and turned around seeing Dahyun and Chaeyoung leaning against the wall near the window.

"What did I miss?" He asked sitting at Dahyun's desk.

"You have drool on the corner of your lip." Chaeyoung said pointing to him. "Sleeping is done at home."

"I know brainiac, I was up late dancing with Rocky and JinJin." he wiped his mouth and looked at Chanwoo. "So what's the plan for later? Are we still going to the library?"

Chanwoo thought for a moment and shook his head. "Let's go do something else. You girls in?"

Dahyun smiled brightly already jumping on her heels. "Yes!"

"Same. Where we going?" Chaeyoung asked looking at the boys.

Moon Bin thought for a moment. "How about Bowling?"

Five seconds past and no one said anything but they each nodded their heads in agreeing. They stayed talking and joking around with each other for the rest of the class break until another teacher came in taking over another lecture and more notes were needing to be written.

Dahyun would stop writing a few times since she was pressing on her pen hard into the paper so she could understand her notes. She would massage her hand for a few minutes before she continued to write. Thankfully the lecture was up and she dropped the pen the second it was over.

Chanwoo had been watching her and he felt bad. Not everyone is cut out to keep writing and taking more notes and more notes. He held out his hand to her and she gave him a smile placing her hand on his. He clasped them together and started massaging her slender fingers that were made perfectly for her hand.

"Ow!" she squealed with a flinch.

"Sorry, you ok?" he asked looking at her hand and doing small circles with his thumb lightly.

Dahyun gave him a nod and she was feeling relaxed as her eyes were starting to closing liking her little massage. When it stopped she opened her eyes and gave Chanwoo another heart gesture giving him a kiss.

He smiled at her knowing her cute way of saying thank you. He couldn't explain it but whenever she did that. It was cute. He never saw her in a romantic way. They were just good friends to each other and sometimes how she acted it was just cute.

He couldn't help but stare at her when she is on the other side of the room talking to other girls or walking down the hall with Chaeyoung with their arms linked. Moon Bin had to snap his fingers to get Chanwoo's attention back to him with a smile.

Chaeyoung got up going out for a moment and Dahyun followed as well. Chanwoo watched them for moment to see where they were going and then went back to his notes when he saw them turn left.

If they went left, they were going to the restroom.

If they went right, they would be going down the hall for a walk.

- - -

When school was over, Chanwoo mindlessly placed his arm over Dahyun's shoulders not caring. They were close for skin ship and people around them would think they were dating, but they weren't.

People talk, doesn't mean anything.

Dahyun was trying to unwrap a wrapper from a lollipop she brought from home. Her favorite flavor was cherry. It was not too sweet or sour. It was just right. Chanwoo saw her having somewhat of a hard time and grabbed the lollipop from her. He took of the wrapper with both of his hands pulling Dahyun closer to him.

At first, it didn't bother her, but unexpectedly her heart did a jump and she felt her cheeks burning.

Weird. That never happens.

Chanwoo crumbled the wrapper in his hands the moment he took it off and handed the pop back to Dahyun. Her eyes were left open without even blinking. She stayed in her place and stayed looking at him.

"Dahyun?" he said to her.

She didn't react to him calling her. She was frozen in her place as she was realizing how her heart reacted. It was really unexpected and the feel of her cheeks burning to.

"Hello?" Chanwoo pushed her head back with his index finger. "Are you alive?"

Dahyun stumbled back for a moment but she caught her balance as he still had his arm on her shoulders. "I - I'm fine."

He gave her a confused look but smiled as Moon Bin had his arm on Chanwoo's shoulder. "So how should we do this? Boys against girls or what?"

"I'm fine with anything." Chaeyoung said on Dahyun's side with her green apple lollipop. poking out from her cheek.

"Dahyun?" Moon Bin called out to her.

She looked over to him grabbing her lollipop from Chanwoo but all he did was pull it away from her. She pouted at him as he only let out a laugh. He liked teasing her at times and seeing her mad. It was cute.

"Give it Chanwoo!" she moved away from his arm and tipped toed stretching out her arms.

He chuckled again holding up the lollipop a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter