oo1

Carpe Diem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She has vowed to herself to fall in love this year; she finally wants to fall in love, to really experience it. Where should she start, though? Sure she’s been in relationships before, but she’s never been able to let go emotionally before.

She has been loved by family and friends and has loved them in return, but to be in love? To let down the emotional barriers that she’s worked so hard to build up and solidify, the only thing which has protected and guarded her for so long from the cruel reality of this business?

Will she be able to let down her barrier for him? He has been silently waiting for her all this time…

As focused as she has been on her career, B.I has not been completely oblivious to his feelings, just as she is fully aware he is waiting for her to make the first move. Just one kind word, one gesture, any hint of reciprocation from her and he will be hers forever. Forever…could she offer her forever, could he really offer his?

There is neither guarantee on forever, or any certainties on where life leads us…could she handle a forever with him? As an actress, she has been able to handle anything thrown her way, but this isn’t about LeeHi, the actress… and being an actress is all she’s really known… well, that, and being a great friend, bossy older sister, and filial daughter.

Too bad that’s not the kind of relationship he wants from her… no, of course he wouldn’t want that; she wouldn’t either.

“What if he doesn’t want me anymore?! Am I too late? Do I really care?” Hayi wonders over and over, “Ugh just sleep, sleep, sleep,” she tells herself, but instead of shutting down and giving her some reprieve from the endless thoughts, Hayi’s mind replays a scene from a night long ago.

Flashback


On a breezy summer night, the outline of two figures can be seen sitting on a hilltop overlooking the city.

“Aish! What a looooooooooooooonnnnnnng daaaaaayyyyy!!!” Hayi yawns and stretches loudly looking at the city lights, as she took a sigh.

“That feels good, doesn't it? Nothing like a stretch after working in the heat all day long…”

“What?” Hayi finally glances sideways are her silent companion who is gazing at her with a smirk on his lips. “What’s so funny? Care to clue me in?”


“Nothing…just never knew such a loud sound can come from a small person that’s all…I’m hoping all my hearing will come back before the shoot tomorrow.”

“Aish, whatever!” Hayi punches him, grabs her green bean bubble tea in front of her and starts slurping loudly, “What now?!” she inquires, since he has started chuckling at this point.
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter